• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: Robbing a Living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is it with Holding. I call it 'pretend defending' or 'alibi defending'. Being somewhat close but leaving so much space you can't be turned individually but the opposing player has all the time in the world to get a shot or pass off. Even with the Leeds goal it's not a glaring mistake that everyone catches, but he let's the player he's 'marking' run into the box and he's still backpedalling and giving him time to pick a pass.

Let him head away balls, but don't let him defend an attacker attacking our box.
I used to slate Mertesacker for this. A lot of people don’t notice it. But it’s really about self-preservation. He will always back off players cause he is terrified being done. That’s why I said if Kiwior can’t get ahead of this guy. Then he is waste of signing

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This

Even in the Somerville early chance, he made a needless sidestep, I still don't know why he did that, away from Somerville and letting him have all the space. Might look like nitpicking but on another day vs a clinical team which can put chances like that it's gonna stick out. Saliba has to return ASAP.
This is what I thought at the time but I just went to watch it again and came here to post about it, it’s the second highlight of the video I’ve linked below, you can see that he sidesteps to mark another player but the gap between him and Gabriel is far too large. Should have been a goal. It’s probably Trossard that didn’t track his man all the way to be fair.

MATHEO

This is what I thought at the time but I just went to watch it again and came here to post about it, it’s the second highlight of the video I’ve linked below, you can see that he sidesteps to mark another player but the gap between him and Gabriel is far too large. Should have been a goal. It’s probably Trossard that didn’t track his man all the way to be fair.

The fact that you chose to highlight such a small "mistake" by allowing just a few yards for the player to shoot when he was outnumbered marking 2 players on his own just shows how knit picky you're being

Holding has been almost faultless whenever called upon, obviously the odd mistake here and there is expected since he hasnt been playing regularly, but he's being scrutinized unfairly even though he's playing well

Saliba makes Mustafi-level mistakes every 2-3 games and he gets called World class here, and these mistakes are never dwelled on as much as the smallest mistake Holding makes and gets magnified.

Obviously Saliba is better and younger but my point is that Holding is not getting enough credit, I bet he will be up to the task at Anfield

The fact that you chose to highlight such a small "mistake" by allowing just a few yards for the player to shoot when he was outnumbered marking 2 players on his own just shows how knit picky you're being

Holding has been almost faultless whenever called upon, obviously the odd mistake here and there is expected since he hasnt been playing regularly, but he's being scrutinized unfairly even though he's playing well

Saliba makes Mustafi-level mistakes every 2-3 games and he gets called World class here, and these mistakes are never dwelled on as much as the smallest mistake Holding makes and gets magnified.

Obviously Saliba is better and younger but my point is that Holding is not getting enough credit, I bet he will be up to the task at Anfield
exactly, that game against leeds, holding falls back and lets the attacker comes so that holding and the other defenders can position better, instead of just trying to tackle coz you know, the attacker might just cut through him, which might give him a better chance to score. This stopped the attacker and had to find a 2nd option. and then the goal came thanks to a deflection. but our circlejerkers here wont stop blaming holding somehow for that goal. If he would have tried to tackle and the attacker somehow goes past him, then also he will be blamed.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
Holding has done well in the games he has started because they were all bottom table teams.(which i think his level)
If he really deserves to stay then he has to perform at anfield..thats his true test

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I didn’t highlight the mistake, I responded to someone else who also saw the mistake and then revised my initial assessment to point the finger at another player.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

People laughed when I said he is not a PL player. No chance he starts for another pl team

Buhry

Established Member

Mandatory "hur durrr holding bad"

I think holding played as you'd expect, if liverpool pressure us for 60 minutes straight you'd expect him to have some shaky moments. Liverpool dominating us all over the pitch for 60 minutes was the real issue here. I don't wanna blame him because it's not his fault that we got dominated and couldn't keep possession. Other players are more to blame for these lost points. Allthough the penalty was a bozo moment that could have cost us.

Still think we'd have won with saliba on the pitch thoough, his calmness on the ball and intercepting ability elevates our play. And covers better for white.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Wasn`t awful but has moments every game that can cost us, had them against both Palace and Leeds too. Awful pass gave Salah that one on one in the first half and then gave away a very silly penalty. Good servant, seems a great guy and has his qualities but will never be good enough for more than a handful of games at most for a team that wants to challenge for the title.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Holding that his ability he won't improve he useful squad player but not someone you depend on long period to fight for title he make vital errors even tho he did well today but gift Liverpool penalty this not good enough

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Sort of the perfect demonstration of who he is as a player right. Pretty okay for most of it but gives away a clumsy foul by being too aggressive. He is what he is at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom