• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: Robbing a Living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Holding that his ability he won't improve he useful squad player but not someone you depend on long period to fight for title he make vital errors even tho he did well today but gift Liverpool penalty this not good enough
How Yousif? Useful squad player is Tierney. One that don’t give you heart attack every time he start. Tell me a CB as Holding in a title challenging team for the last decade?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How Yousif? Useful squad player is Tierney. One that don’t give you heart attack every time he start. Tell me a CB as Holding in a title challenging team for the last decade?
I mean usuful squad player for like handful of games not someone to depend on. Different case with Tierney he start at majority of pl teams

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Hes an old school type English centre half. Hes not really in keeping with the rest of the squad, quality wise.

I like his commitment & passion, & hope he can continue to contribute whilst Saliba is out, but I hope Saliba comes back soon, put it that way!

Legend14

Established Member
He’s performed better than I expected in Saliba’s absence given I don’t rate him highly. He hasn’t panicked me like last season.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I think holding played as you'd expect, if liverpool pressure us for 60 minutes straight you'd expect him to have some shaky moments. Liverpool dominating us all over the pitch for 60 minutes was the real issue here. I don't wanna blame him because it's not his fault that we got dominated and couldn't keep possession. Other players are more to blame for these lost points. Allthough the penalty was a bozo moment that could have cost us.

Still think we'd have won with saliba on the pitch thoough, his calmness on the ball and intercepting ability elevates our play. And covers better for white.
We don't have the defence to sit back and soak up pressure. If we don't retain possession, we are in trouble. Interesting to see if we can develop a side that has a mode where they cam play comfortably without the ball. I think City showed they could to some extent against us at the Emirates. Necessary for CL imo.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He easily could've cost us two goals yesterday. That Salah chance in the first half that came about directly after a misplaced pass from Holding. You'd expect Salah to score that 9 times out of 10. Then you had the missed penalty in the second half. We need Saliba back ASAP.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He was alright yesterday, effort was there just not the quality.

He's good enough to be a back up CB in a team going for Top 4, but not for a team fighting for the title...we just improved as a team a bit too soon for him.

Not entirely convinced by Jakub either really, needs at least one good loan...feel CB is a position of concern, tbh.

Tomi's good, but even he is always injured.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Another good performance by Holding, our best defender yesterday. Give credit where it's due ABB!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It is kind of weird the stick Holding is getting.

He was largely solid, did the basics right, jittery every now and then and was a bit naive to give away the pen ( which fortunately didn't cost us)

He had a fairly okay game for a back up level CB against some good Liverpool forwards.

Gooner_girl14

It is kind of weird the stick Holding is getting.

He was largely solid, did the basics right, jittery every now and then and was a bit naive to give away the pen ( which fortunately didn't cost us)

He had a fairly okay game for a back up level CB against some good Liverpool forwards.
Exactly how I feel. This was the game I was most worried about Holding playing and he passed the test IMO. Pen was a bit unlucky IMO he was trying to just stay tight but unfortunately just got too close. I think he's covered for Saliba very well so far, especially considering he's barely kicked a ball this season.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
He was alright yesterday, effort was there just not the quality.

He's good enough to be a back up CB in a team going for Top 4, but not for a team fighting for the title...we just improved as a team a bit too soon for him.

Not entirely convinced by Jakub either really, needs at least one good loan...feel CB is a position of concern, tbh.

Tomi's good, but even he is always injured.
This pretty much is spot on imho👍.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

It's nothing personal, but he just isn't good enough.

Doing the basics right is great, but not when you're competing for the title. Then you need players with extra quality like Willy and Gabriel.

say yes

forum master baiter
I really do think it’s worth remembering that he’s a 5th choice CB, only playing because both Saliba and Tomi are injured, and we can’t slide White across because we don’t have another fit RB.

Yeah he’s not top-class, but who can you sign who’s better than him and happy to barely play all season?

Rather than looking for a mythical top class 5th choice CB, I’d focus this summer on getting a proper RB to compete with White (enabling White to play CB if necessary) and/or replacing Tomiyasu with someone who can stay fit.

Tnegs

Made one bad pass for that Salah chance and gave away an incredibly soft penalty neither of which resulted in goals. We didn’t drop points because of him no matter how badly some of you want to believe it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I really do think it’s worth remembering that he is a 5th choice CB, only playing because both Saliba and Tomi are injured, and we can’t slide White across because we don’t have another fit RB.

Yeah he’s not top-class, but who can you sign who’s better than him and happy to barely play all season?

Rather than looking for a mythical top class 5th choice CB, I’d focus this summer on getting a proper RB to compete with White (enabling White to play CB if necessary) and/or replacing Tomiyasu with someone who can stay fit.

I mean, he is likely just waiting so see if his plugs are going to fall.

No man with that head of hair will stay at a club as 5th choice.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
On a serious note, it is getting to the point where *if* we have a good enough defender from the academy he should get holdings spot.

Don't think his seniority is needed as much now as it was when he was part of the leadership core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom