• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Robert Green

KingReyes

Established Member
Arsenal in for Robert Green of Norwich

Arsenal in for Green

What do you guys think of Robert Green. I can't comment much on him but he's been praised and regarded as a future England goalkeeper. Or is he just the next Richard Wright? :roll:

Aussie

Established Member
We dont get much div 1 football here in Aus so i dont know much about him. 4 mil is fairly expensive considering we only spent 1mil on Jens. Why not spend 4 mil on Hildebrandt who has proven himself at the highest level.

Green is now the 856th keeper we have been linked with.

A

Anonymous

Interesting.

Could be a very good buy, but four mill is too much.

Having him as the under study for Jens for a couple of years would do him the world of good. Jens needs the competiton aswell.

jester

Established Member
yeh, this seems like a very good story. if we weren't linked if every other keeper in the world, i'd believe it. - love him to come though.

lewdikris

Established Member
He'd be a good buy - and Norwich signing Gallacher must be a sign that he's leaving. Whether that's to us we'll see, but he's a top-prospect - and would have been third choice at Euro 2004 over Ian Walker if he wasn't injured.

jester

Established Member
He explained that the day after. he said that he pointed to the left to tell keown where to shoot, but keown thought that was the way he was gonna dive.

_scorpion_

Established Member
did we sign the Celta Vigo keeper or not? Last i heard, he was gonna have a physical before we signed him up....does anyone here know what happened?

thanks

Aussie

Established Member
Aluminia is a definate then? I didnt think it was going ahead and i didnt pariculary want it to either.

lewdikris

Established Member
I think the Alumnia thing was bollocks to be honest.

Don't expect it to happen - all that crap about a medical was just that. Crap.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Gunner4life09 said:
i'd rather have green than alumnia.

Agree. But to be even more honest, i'd like to see Stack succeed Lehmann at a later stage.

For some reason or another, Taylor just doesnt look like he'll cut it....i can't put my finger on it, but when i've watched him at times, he doesnt seem to command the box or his defenders very well. We need a 'Lehmann type' keeper to take over later, and I have a feeling that could be Stack.

Hilderbrandt is another that comes to mind.

Top Bottom