• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Robert Green

AFCG7

Established Member
We were licnked with de sanctis before we got Lehmann and you're right i think he is also very good..about Man U ..i can see Fergie going after a keeper since Howard is looking shaky at the moment.

Mark

Established Member
Hildebrandt would be a better choice, yes, but would surely be more expensive. I was thinking of someone relatively cheap. If we can afford Hildebrandt, though, I would definetly prefer him.

Sammer

Established Member
malagar said:
Yes Hildebrandt would be the best choise - H e is young - 25 , but Already experienced enough . And he took the record of most clean sheets in Bundesliga last year.
Hildebrandt is a keeper who can get to the crosses well and he is a fantastic shot stopper too . Really the best option and he could solve our keeper problems for the next 10 years

Exactly. He is the upcoming No1 in Germany and the best you keeper I know in Europe (besides Coupet, who is a great shot stopper, but not as perfect in claiming crosses).

Hildebrandt is the man to get. His contract expires in 2005 - and he costs about 3 million pounds at this pound. Sounds like a good deal to me.

jeromelee

How much would Green actually cost? He looks class actually but somehow I don't believe AW is looking for a goalkeeper. With Almunia already brought in, it would seem like an excess to get another keeper again.

But I've seen green play and I like it. He's really strong and marshalls the defense well. Haven't seen Almunia play though so can't compare.

Someone mentioned package Bentley for Green? What a waste. Bentley is really doing well in Norwich. Even wears their number 10.

It says in the article he would most likely become first choice, which would be great cos its getting pretty annoying watching AW buy backup keepers when what we need is an actual world class keeper between the sticks playing each week.

Clarkey

Pot Kettle Black. A keeper has good performances, and Lehmann has a dodgy/average performance and we are instantly linked DITTO: Howard at United. But people straight away forget Arsenal have Taylor and United have Carroll. Green isn't coming anymore then he was coming in the Summer.

I agree on Hildebrandt though, and Wenger buying Lehmann over others shows to me he likes the German 'Keeping style. 3 million as well, looks like a Wenger steal.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
£3m for Hildebrandt would be a bargain if you consider that Petr Cech cost around £7m-£9m depending on which tabloid you believe. I would love to know Wenger's opinion of Hildebrandt.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He thinks he is poor. :roll:
But who can tell. He probably does rate him though, and 3 million would be a bargain TBH.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
German goalkeepers are more solid then most other goalkeepers on the continent in my opinion. They are not flashy or don't over do it like the Spaniards and French etc.

sabret00the

Established Member
would love to sign him but with howard now coming through i wonder how much of a chance this really has of going through.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Howard has got a long way to go before he can be considered an option in goal for me. OK he may be good, but he is still quite a bit off.

lewdikris

Established Member
I'd go for Green anyday. Top quality shot stopper, extremely calm presence in the box - and has just as much potential as Hildebrandt imo. He really is ****ing good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom