• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Roberto Jiménez Gago

M+D

Established Member
24 year old goalkeeper who signed for Benfica just last month for 8.5m euros, having been at Atletico Madrid for his whole career until then.

Impressed out on loan at Real Zaragoza for the last half of last season and Benfica moved for him, but apparently there is an English club with representatives in Portugal trying to sort out a deal worth 12m+ euros, and O Jogo believe that club is us - Link Google translated link

Newcastle and Bolton are two other clubs that have been mentioned by Portuguese press as being the mystery club tying to sign him.

Oh and he's 6ft 5in.

KY

Established Member
like hte dietmar hamann deal between bolton and mancity like 3 or 4 seasons ago. As long as he's not played for the club, it's still legit for the FA.

That being said, as long as theres a keeper being linked to ANY english club, Of COURSE they're gonna say it's us. We're the ONLY club who still needs a keeper. I say this is a rumour so wild Lindsay Lohan would be a girl scout by comparison...

M+D

Established Member
It's not exactly the strongest link, but compared to some of the other ones in this forum it's practically a dead cert.

kamikaze80

Established Member
how is it a dead cert, you just said he signed for someone else a month ago. if anything, it sounds like a dead cert he's NOT going to come.

M+D

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
how is it a dead cert, you just said he signed for someone else a month ago. if anything, it sounds like a dead cert he's NOT going to come.

locked.

When compared to some of the other threads i.e. the caughtoffside links, this begins to look almost official was my point Kami. I wasn't saying it's a dead cert at all if you read it again.

It probably won't happen (like 99% of links really), but the Portuguese press seem to think an English team is in for him and they also think that team could be us.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
If he was with Atletico, he must have been their third choice because De Gea who was their second choice was playing in the Europa league matches.

I don't think we'll play 10 million + for any goalie, let alone an Atletico third choice.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFRP5BVvy_k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFRP5BVvy_k</a>

Look very showboatish. Good reflexes though

Meatwad

signing him in this manner would be troubling and not a good reflection on the current state of wenger, the scouts, etc.* it's not like he's played for benfica and has been a revelation in his first season or something. the only thing they would have to go on now with regard to his abilities is the same thing they would have to go on last month.

*that's why i think is bullshit of epic proportions.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom