• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Roberto Rosales

DontPushMe

Charsenal ‏@C_Arsenal
Arsenal have agreed a fee in the region of £4m for versatile Venezuelan defender Robert Rosales, 23, who currently plays for FC Twente.
He has 2600 followers. Is he legit? Outside of the fact that he misspelt the players name.

I havent heard much of this player, is he worth signing? I'm all for getting a new RB.

leo_ense

Established Member
Never heard of the player but he's young and is described as being versatile, so if he's any good I would be happy with him filling in at RB till Sagna is fully fit.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
WTF
off load some players Wenger before buying in defense

Squillaci
Bartley
Djourou can all be moved on

Wouterus

Roberto Rosales is nothing special. He is decent going forward, but a poor defender. I'd rather have Jenkinson or Coquelin as backup.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's a RB, looks like he's being bought as a squad player to cover for Sagna
Jenkinson going on loan maybe?
He's got 10 assist last season which is pretty good and probably a Santos type signing
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/roberto-rosales/leistungsdaten/spieler_49500_2011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/rober ... _2011.html</a>

Wouterus

I don't believe there is any truth behind this story. He wasn't even amongst the best RB's in the Eredivisie.

DontPushMe

jmsmtthw28 said:
WTF
off load some players Wenger before buying in defense

Squillaci
Bartley
Djourou can all be moved on
Bartley will surely not be moved on, considering he was just signed to a 1st team contract a few months ago.

Obviously we'd love to offload Squillaci, but there are no takers. Wenger didnt play him at all last year, he doesnt rate him, but you need 2 to sell someone.

Djourou isnt great but good for a 4th option.

Rosales is a RB. Would never start over Sagna, but I would love to add a new RB to be Sagnas backup, Jenkinson, Yennaris, Coq dont get it done imo.

That said, I don't know much about this guy, has anyone watched him?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Nooooo.

This guy is not at all who we need, he is nothing more than a decentish player in the Dutch League. He is probably about good enough for the Championship.

darthwenger

HollandGooner said:
Van der wiel is a class above Rosales...

Agreed. Rather pay a little more and bring Van der Wiel in - he'd come as well. Even though I love Sagna, he has broken the same leg twice now so it would pay to bring in better back-up.

Rosales? know absolutely nothing about him.

iced22

HollandGooner said:
Van der wiel is a class above Rosales...

Never seen Rosales, but that really speaks volumes.

The fullback market isn't that great at the moment, hard to come up with more than 1 or 2 decent fullbacks that are available.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Arsenal have added Roberto Rosales to their list of candidates to replace Bacary Sagna.

The FC Twente right-back has been part of a mean defence that has conceded just five goals in nine games in the Dutch league this season.

The 24-year-old was the first Venezuelan to score in the Champions League -and he did it against Tottenham.

He can play right-back, left-back and right midfield but table-topping Twente are also keen to offer him a new contract.

Source

We also still remain "keen" on Genoa's Sime Vrsaljko as well according to that link.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I still think we need to do better. (I would rather go with Jenkinson then going with Rosales who isnt ready to play in the EPL atm.)

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Ah, this guy again.

More than a year ago it seems I deemed him about good enough for the Championship. Well, to be fair, he has been pretty good lately, maybe he can cut it at a side battling relegation.

He is pretty good going forward, but suspect defending.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Janmaat from Feynoord should be the player who should replace Sagna if he decides to move on, I think he is ready for the step up, what do you think dutch gooners?

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Not sure if Janmaat is good enough for Arsenal, probably not. Do rate him.

Rosales surely isn't. Don't rate him at all.

Top Bottom