Robin van Persie

Discussion in 'Players' started by YuenBiaoFan, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YuenBiaoFan

YuenBiaoFan New Member Trusted

2. goonerJA

goonerJA New Member

he says that so many times that it has lost all meaning, but hopefully van persie can get on a good run like he did for about 10games last season

3. Army of Me

Army of Me New Member Elite

I love the guy, I think he's got such a masive amount of talent, but I honestly don't think he'll ever get the run in the team he wants within the next couple of years, unless serious injury befalls Thierry or Adebayor, and even then he's now got Baptista for competition.

Can't see him sticking around for too much longer.

4. cesc18

cesc18 New Member

a few goals and he will start playing at his best
    doubt if he will start tonight with ade to play so good luck to rvp

5. IBL

IBL New Member Elite

If he doesnt start firing this season I can see him moving on too, maybe back home to Holland rather then Spain/Italy or any other English club. I hope he does get it right as he is immensely talented and could prove to be a key player for us, he's the most most creative striker we have bar Henry.

6. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah New Member Elite

Sentiments I can agree with.

As Asa keeps telling us, the boy has demonstrated flashes of absolute genius. My concern with him is that aside from those flashes of genius, he has produced very little to make a compelling case for a spot up front. He certainly has the talent to make it here and what's more I feel that with Reyes and Bergkamp now Highbury history Arséne Wenger would be extremely disappointed in himself if van Persie failed to acheive what we all know he can. But the bottom line is it's down to Robin. But he must know this as he tells us it every year.. ;-)

7. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

Just like Reyes, it would be a real shame if he never made it here, but generally I agree - this season is probably do or die time for RVP.

8. Tony Montana

Tony Montana New Member Elite

But even Adebayor has to prove himself more. One goal against Manure is good and I know he's scored other goals but I wouldn't say Van Persie won't get the run in the team he wants because of Ade. This competition is good for him anyway and he needs to be a team/squad player. We haven't even tried a Baptista-Van Persie attacking option yet.

9. Army of Me

Army of Me New Member Elite

Looks like Adebayor doesn't need to prove himself!

From what I can tell Arséne prefers to play Henry - Adebayor up front over any other combo.

10. Tony Montana

Tony Montana New Member Elite

Fair enough but it doesn't mean it will be like that forever more. Wenger used to prefer Toure-Campbell and then Senderos became more of the regular because Campbell decided to eat all the pies in Belgium after a bad performance.

11. gunnerturk

gunnerturk New Member

And how is he gonna make it if he can't even get ahead of Ade in first eleven. Why is he so good for Netherlands, perhaps where he plays? Letting him play for 10 or 15 min towards the end of the game is not gonna help him to improve or show his real skills. He is a great talent and I won't blame him if he moves on to get more first team opportunities.

12. RocktheCasbah

I think the players up front are going to have to accept a certain amount of rotation. If van Persie can put a streak together, though, it stands to reason that he will stay in the team, but he will have to maintain producivity. Or to be strictly accurate, increase it, because since the first game of the season, there's been nothing. And I know he's been unlucky, but it doesn't say "unlucky" next to our name in the results column.

He's obviously good enough, but I think Ade's mobility is getting him the nod over a player who is still finding his way into the season. I don't think it's anything more than that at present.

13. dbergyisnumerouno

dbergyisnumerouno New Member

i feel for robin. he is so unlucky that it is true when he says that he has to work twice as hard to get what he want, and sometimes deservedly so.

he often gets injured when he is in a good run and i really hope things turn out the better for him. we have faith in him but most importantly he must have STRONG FAITH in himself as well.

my message to robin, do not give up hope!

14. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

I think he could do his best playing wide right. In 4-4-2 at the place of Hleb but wider, or in 4-5-1/4-3-3 right side attacker. He has the skill to play for Arsenal, he is very skilled and likes to dribble what can be useful sometimes when opponent have a 10-men wall in front of their goalkeeper, and also can finish at least as well as Ade.
    Time will tell anyway, just trust him cos it is maybe the most important to a player's confidence to have the fans' trust in him.

15. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

last chance saloon

16. CabbageFlesh

CabbageFlesh New Member

I just hope he plays tonight and seizes his chance. I can tell Wenger is excited at the prospect of Baptista in the first XI and Van Persie must show his talent.

More than any other player at Arsenal I am happy when RVP scores. More talent than any striker at Manchester United or Liverpool IMHO. Yes, I think he is a greater talent than Rooney. All he needs is confidence and no injuries.

17. RocktheCasbah

So, not that happy that often then?

And I'm not getting into this RvP is better than Rooney argument- except to say that I don't think whether or not he is better than Rooney has any relevance to this discussion.

18. liridon

liridon New Member

hopefully he will come to his best and score

19. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

This will, inevitably, become another Adebayor vs Van Persie debate, which frankly, I just can't be arsed with. But I will re-iterate, just once, the screamingly obvious fact that Adebayor is no more consistent or productive than Van Persie at the moment. Neither is providing the end product consistently enough at the moment - it's true that Van Persie isn't performing as he can or should, but it sure as heck isn't Adebayor's brilliance that's putting pressure on him.

20. RocktheCasbah

It does beg the question- why?

I mean, why isn't van Persie performing as he can?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.