Robin van Persie

Discussion in 'Players' started by YuenBiaoFan, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loylz

Loylz Moderator Moderator

Thing is after their goal he completely disappeared. I don't remember seeing him up until he got substituted. It's one thing losing the ball and such but it seems as if the dude went into hiding and didn't want to recieve the ball anymore. I know the whole team was playing badly at that moment in time but he was nowhere to be seen, good or bad.

2. sabret00the

sabret00the New Member Trusted

After their goal he was told to stay wide, as whenever the camera zoomed out i saw him on the touchline. he wasn't very effective there.

3. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

should have swapped him & Theo on to the opposite flanks - that way both can start wide & come infield with the ball on their preferred shooting foot. Theo looked more likely in attack on the left v Rovers, and RVP plays on the right at international level.

4. sabret00the

sabret00the New Member Trusted

No. He just shouldn't have been on the pitch. He's not a left winger and Vela offered more from the left wing than he did. He should've come on as an impact sub should we have needed him and played up top.

5. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

He should be on the pitch, but he was played on the wrong position. Robin have no real pace whatsoever to be really beating players on the wings.

If he is to be play at the sides, he should be play more forward in a 4-3-3 winglike position so he do not need to use his pace to run forward from a less advance position.

6. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

Agreed........he's a forward not a midfielder.

7. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

Robin set for new deal:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/09/21/exclusive-arsenal-heading-for-a-new-deal-with-van-persie-115875-20747031/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/09 ... -20747031/</a>

8. Invincible

Invincible New Member

If we're going to play him on the wing, stick him on the right. Playing him on the left wing is pointless. I get frustrated when I see him playing on the left flank because he's so ****ing useless there.

9. banduan

banduan New Member

You couldn't possibly compare the way he runs to anyone except a hat-tipping broadway dancer. He has such a girly gait.

10. Lukazan

Lukazan New Member Elite

I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere but why did RVP play no part on Saturday? A rest, or a niggle? A niggle being covered-up by a rest?

11. Loylz

Loylz Moderator Moderator

Wenger said he decided to rest him. He was on the bench if needed but to be honest by the time Walcott came on we did not really need another stiker and Walcott was used to give us a bit of pace in order to play on the counter attack.

12. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

I think he's realized that he's not undroppable by Wenger now. Wenger has learned to get early rotation in to make sure all players are prepared when serious injuries occur.
    Van Persie should be worried about his status upfront as our number 1/2 striker, because Bendtner and Vela are right there too. I feel Bendtner will soon take the mantle as the club's best striker.

13. dutchMasta

dutchMasta New Member

Yeah, I feel he's the one probably most under threat right now. It's a crazy situation we're in, having 4 very good strikers to choose from. 6 including Eduardo and Walcott. How are we gonna satisfy all of them? Vela and Walcott can play as wingers, but Nasri, Eboue, Rosicky? Or Denilson/Song if they put them both in with Fab. Diaby? Damn, suddenly our squad is too big now.

14. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

RVP, Rosicky & Eduardo need to be able to show they can come back & contribute this season, even if they can then there's nothing wrong with competition & balanced rotation as these kids are still a couple of seasons away from commanding starting positions.

In the interim I want to see our C Cup squad establish a domination of the domestic Cups without any of the established senior players.

15. Gurgen

Gurgen New Member Elite

Can't believe how **** he was today. He should be deeply ashamed of that performance.

16. nazo

nazo New Member Elite

Just like everyone else should. I don't understand the purpose of playing him like that: half midfielder-half striker.

He's been poor and i'm starting to think he's just not going to step up this season.

17. TomasCR

TomasCR New Member Trusted

I´m starting to be very alergic to his absolutely useless shots, what the **** were the two shots in the first half! He definitely needs to work hard or Vela will take his chance soon.

18. number_0

number_0 Member

I also hate his right footed shots, will easily lose us many points this season.

19. Jasard

Jasard #PlayAMNInMidfield

Vela deserves a chance

20. nazo

nazo New Member Elite

His right foot is fine. The angle he had all his shots from were acute but he was still amazingly poor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.