• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Robin van Persie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjan

Sorry, no sources, because they are all in Dutch, but his contract expires this summer and Arsenal scouts have watched all of his matches and supposedly Wenger is very interested. Some info on Van Persie from Uefa.com

Robin van Persie
Left-winger Robin van Persie became one of the few teenagers to play in - and win - a major European club final when he was part of the Feyenoord side which beat BV Borussia Dortmund to lift the 2001/02 UEFA Cup. Just 18, he had made only ten league appearances at the time, having been drafted in from the youth ranks during an injury crisis. But this did not prevent him playing the first hour against Dortmund, having already featured in every round following the last-16 tie against Rangers FC. Van Persie, who had signed a three-and-a-half-year contract in January 2002, subsequently took second place in Voetbal International magazine's young player of the year poll. Capped by the Netherlands at under-19 level, he has shown the potential to become the latest in a line of great Dutch wide men, with his exciting runs and incisive crosses. All this despite intense back pain which required him to spend summer 2002 in plaster, although he would be back for the start of the new season.

Jinn

Established Member
Ah, another left sided injury-plagued player for us to pick up! Would he slot straight into the first team though? We have a lot of players of some ability around that age.

Arjan

Van Persie is up there with Van der Vaart, Robben and Sneijder. His Problem is the team he plays for right now, they just lack quality, so Van Persie does not have enough room to show his talent. He is like a pires bergkamp combo.

Pires' dribbles and Bergkamps vision.

JazzG

Established Member
Never heard of him tbh :?

Is he good? Seems like he is a left winger. Robben is suppose to be Holland's best young left winger right? How does he compare to him i.e. are they similar?

Arjan

HE actually is a number 10 player, not really a left winger, but an attacking midfielder/ striker. Robben is more a solo player, while van Persie is more a team player with a great free kick.

If Robben plays left wing, you could have VDV a a striker, and Sneijder as a midfielder, with van Persie in between!!!!!

Watch out for euro 2008!!! :lol:

JazzG

Established Member
aah ok. I'll take your word on it ;) Hopefully the mancs won't get Robben, I'm hearing he has a clause in his contract and can leave for £5mill WTF :shock

Also did you post this same thing a few days ago? I suddenly can remember reading something about Wenger having scouts there, maybe I read it on some site though :?

Arjan

JazzG said:
aah ok. I'll take your word on it ;) Hopefully the mancs won't get Robben, I'm hearing he has a clause in his contract and can leave for £5mill WTF :shock

Also did you post this same thing a few days ago? I suddenly can remember reading something about Wenger having scouts there, maybe I read it on some site though :?

You read it here somewhere, but it was deleted.

I never heard anything of a 5 mil release clause, it would be the stupidest thing for a club like PSV to agree with. Does not seem logic for a club who have small financial troubles. Robben is worth at least 20 million pounds.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
There's has been a lot of speculation about van Persie. I don't know a great deal about him but have heard that he has a little bit of an attitide problem. Arjan, what would van Persie's value be if he wasn't out of contract?

JazzG

Established Member
Arjan said:
You read it here somewhere, but it was deleted.

I never heard anything of a 5 mil release clause, it would be the stupidest thing for a club like PSV to agree with. Does not seem logic for a club who have small financial troubles. Robben is worth at least 20 million pounds.

It was some manc telling me but they are known for lying ;)

Seeing that Kezman will go in the summer they have no need to sell him.

Arjan

Goonergurjit said:
There's has been a lot of speculation about van Persie. I don't know a great deal about him but have heard that he has a little bit of an attitide problem. Arjan, what would van Persie's value be if he wasn't out of contract?

If he had a long running contract and given the fact that he is the only extremely talented player in their squad; I'd say, he'd be worth around the amount of Van der Vaart or Robben, but he is less known.

So if VDV or Robben should do 15-20 mil in English Pounds, Van Persie would do 10-15, rough estimate.

Someone with CM4 could have a look at his value there, compared to VDV and Robben :lol:

johe

Haven't checked CM4, but my mate who has CM03/04 says he's only worth 2 million pounds and isn't very good. It's only a computer game after all, although it's usually quite accurate with player attributes and stuff.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arjan said:
Goonergurjit said:
There's has been a lot of speculation about van Persie. I don't know a great deal about him but have heard that he has a little bit of an attitude problem. Arjan, what would van Persie's value be if he wasn't out of contract?

If he had a long running contract and given the fact that he is the only extremely talented player in their squad; I'd say, he'd be worth around the amount of Van der Vaart or Robben, but he is less known.

So if VDV or Robben should do 15-20 mil in English Pounds, Van Persie would do 10-15, rough estimate.

Someone with CM4 could have a look at his value there, compared to VDV and Robben :lol:

He sounds like a very talented player but is he a team player? He sounds very rebellious.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arjan said:
Sorry, no sources, because they are all in Dutch, but his contract expires this summer and Arsenal scouts have watched all of his matches and supposedly Wenger is very interested. Some info on Van Persie from Uefa.com
Van Persie, who had signed a three-and-a-half-year contract in January 2002

Doesn't that mean that his contract expires in the summer of 2005 and not this summer?

johe

Goonergurjit said:
Arjan said:

Doesn't that mean that his contract expires in the summer of 2005 and not this summer?

As far as I know, you are right.

Arjan

Goonergurjit said:
Arjan said:

You are right, but Van Persie will only sign a new contract if it says that he can leave for 4 millions euros. Feyenoord refuse that, so they are wiling to sell in stead of losing him in 2005.

So van Persie is for sale, relatively cheap, because Feyenoord know he wil walk away.

some more info on Van Persie, from a feyenoord site:

"This great talent from the Feyenoord youth academy has already made his debut at the age of 18 in last seasons UEFA cup winning season. He starred in most matches that he's played, especially in the two UEFA cup semi-final matches against Inter.
This season he started having troubles with the coach, by which he ruined his first half of the season.
In the winter break he decided to better his life though and ever since he has been a huge factor in Feyenoord's recent winning run. He also started scoring, making five league goals since January and seven goals in two Dutch cup games.
His biggest qualities are his great individual action and his fantastic free-kicks. Even Pierre van Hooijdonck sometimes leaves the ball for him.
It's only a matter a time before this real Rotterdam boy will be called up for the Dutch national team."

seanconvey66

Immense talent twinned with a massive attitude. Hes fell out with the coach this season aswell, so in recent weeks hes been left in the stands or kicking his heels on the bench! Good player tho, i watch dutch football on Channel 5 and he is a huge talent, i think if he came to highbury, wenger would get the best out of him.

GOONERITTI

Arsenal make an offer for Feyenoord's Van Persie

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-dutchvan_persie&pr

53130.jpg

Any one knows anything about this guy!!!!

Legend#1

Established Member
If this is true then I am very excited

Looks like a long term solution to Pires because he is a Pires type player and still only 21

I don't know if there's any substance to this story but let's see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom