• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Robinho

baccy_man

Established Member
Re: Robinho to Arsenal (post-speculation)

with todays stupid prices you would have to rate C Ronaldo somewhere around £60 million now, and he still has his best years to come, who know's what he will be worth in two years time.

thegame24

Established Member

ronaldo wont get better with age, he hasnt got a football brain.

If they wana sell, sell now when the hype is at its max.

siddharth

thegame24 said:

You do have a habit of going over the top at times but that comment is pure nonsense.

Paddy from Sweden

Excuse me for suggesting this but couldn't this thread be closed as there's no probability whatsoever that Robinho is coming to Arsenal (not for that kind of money) and Chelsea looks like his destination. That speculation could be kept on in the "Non-Arsenal Transfers + Rumours" thread.

thegame24

Established Member

siddharth said:
thegame24 said:

You do have a habit of going over the top at times but that comment is pure nonsense.

ok we will see when im proven right.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

thegame does have a point, I don't really rate Ronaldo for his football brain at all..Hes all about using his good physique with brilliant technique- and trying to do everything as fast as possible- hes a brilliant outlet.

Hes not an intelligent player though, like Hleb for instance- who for me would be the better footballer if he was a regular goal scorer.
However, that doesn't mean Ronaldo can not learn.

asajoseph

Established Member

This is kind of like the Adebayor debate. It's all very well picking holes in Ronaldo, but the guy's put a team on his back for most of the season, and led them (not without help) to a league / European Cup double.

-Shaun-

Please no Robinho here. He is far too inconsistent, every Madrid fan will tell you that. One week he can be brilliant and then the next he can drift out of a game. For some parts of this season he's played the best he ever has, but again recently not. I never really have rated the guy, he just seems to give the ball away in the final-third too much. He can receive the ball in a good position and just over-dribble with it, or a misplaced pass. I'm usually a sucker for big names when it comes to transfers, but this is one I cannot get excited about.

Wouldn't want him at Arsenal.

dos1986

Established Member

psycho said:
thegame does have a point, I don't really rate Ronaldo for his football brain at all..Hes all about using his good physique with brilliant technique- and trying to do everything as fast as possible- hes a brilliant outlet.

Hes not an intelligent player though, like Hleb for instance- who for me would be the better footballer if he was a regular goal scorer.

Anyone who doesnt think Ronaldo is a great great player is a fool, he's easily one of the best in the world and is way better than any player we have had since the invincible days..

stiiphunn

Established Member

Great players have flaws.

I agree with Psycho's comment regarding Ronaldo's football brain.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

dos1986 said:
psycho said:

Anyone who doesnt think Ronaldo is a great great player is a fool, he's easily one of the best in the world and is way better than any player we have had since the invincible days..
Never said he wasn't a great player..Easily one of the best in the world- arguably the best at the moment.

I just don't rate his footballing brain thats all. Every player has flaws, and to be honest- it doesn't really take away anything from what he offers- just an observation and a reply to thegames post.

Perhaps its just personal prefrence- but I just tend to rate schemers very highly, people who can dictate or heavily influence a match. Players who can be at the beggining and at the end of a move. I just think they are special.

Also, I think Henry was better when at his peak. Just personal opinion though. He had it all.

JazzG

Established Member

asajoseph said:
This is kind of like the Adebayor debate. It's all very well picking holes in Ronaldo, but the guy's put a team on his back for most of the season, and led them (not without help) to a league / European Cup double.

Exactly, the football brain comments are a bit over the top because he must have some kind of football brain if he has scored 42 goals in 48 games. I can see where people come from but I think you will find players who are usually blessed with the pace and power he has don't exactly always have Bergkamp intelligence. Same applies in the CB position, notice how slower CBs are usually so much better at reading the game whereas the pacey ones will use their pace to bail them out.

thegame24

Established Member

Why do you think fergie moved him from wing position?

He could never set up goals and even van nistelrooy hated him.

He is a mindless go for glory player and he dives whenever he can, dont compare his ability to greats like bergkamp, zidane, pires, henry who all had class.

anyway back to robhino, 28 milion is too much, ****ing chelseas doing

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I don't think its over the top.

Ronaldo is not the most smartest/influential player..like I said, it doesn't make him any less of a player- its just an area which I don't think is his strong suit.

I rather rate him for his ability to get at the end of stuff and his end product, his ability to score every kind of goal.

Probably personal prefrence but I rate players like Bergkamp a lot higher.

JazzG

Established Member

Didn't he set up 15 league goals last season? He was moved into the role he has now because from midfield he is harder to track and mark meaning he can be much more effective at sneaking in.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

thegame24 said:
anyway back to robhino, 28 milion is too much, f****g chelseas doing
Indeed.
Going on the current state of the market, I would happily hand over 20 million for him though.
Why not? sublime technique and ability, importantly- he is a team player, can start and finish moves, he is young and has titles under his name.

For 28 mil though, I would be too scared. He might pull a Hleb on you- you never know.

His attitude is a concern but other than that, he would be brilliant down our left side.

Why would he want to come to us anyways...

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka

Suprised this was 17 pages worth now.

Silly money, and totally unrealistic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom