• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ronald Araujo

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

Another CB? Heard this lad is pretty good tho.

šŸ¤£
Always think he looks distinctly average whenever I see Barca to be honest. Not that often I watch them so I'm probably not the best judge on this one, but wouldn't excite me.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
that all depend on Saliba future here he pretty good defender but we have Saliba so early to predict.

bingobob

A-Mā€™s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ā­

Id assume Holding is for the off. That'll leave us with 4 senior centre backs (White, Gabriel, Saliba and new) in at least 4 competitions.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Do you think they will offer Barcelona something too, or plan for them to give him for free like we did Auba?

Because according to Transfermarkt he has a contract until 2023.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby šŸŽ¼šŸŽµ
Do you think they will offer Barcelona something too, or plan for them to give him for free like we did Auba?

Because according to Transfermarkt he has a contract until 2023.
A small fee might get the job done. They could use the money to fund their own signings.

drippin

A small fee might get the job done. They could use the money to fund their own signings.
Yeah, there are rumours that United is interested too. Not sure it will be very small fee.

Barcelona likely tries to get free transfers like Christensen or Rudiger to replace him.

Reactions: A_G

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Honestly if this means we are planning for the sell of Saliba i will go mental

Signing one of the top talents o fhis generation in a difficult position and all we got out of it was a funny Don Raul dance.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ā­

Player:Gabriel
Is he left footed? There was talk that we where looking at getting another left footer in at CB.

drippin

Honestly if this means we are planning for the sell of Saliba i will go mental

Signing one of the top talents o fhis generation in a difficult position and all we got out of it was a funny Don Raul dance.
Pretty sure Barcelona doesn't want to sell Araujo either. There is talk that Araujo has been the best CB in LaLiga this season.

These things just sometimes happen. I wouldn't be so annoyed about losing Saliba if we can get LaLiga's best defender for him for half the money for example.

drippin

So.. if we get him, surely Saliba is gone?

Gabriel, White, Araujo, Tomiyasu? That's 3+1 CB's. Or do we need 4+1 CB's if we have UCL?

Currently we have Gabriel, White, Holding, Tomiyasu, which is 3+1, but no European football.

City for example has Dias, Laporte, Stones and Ake as CB's, that's 4. Then they have other players who could be a cover. So it's 4+1 or more.

Gabriel, White, Saliba, Araujo, Tomiyasu would be the stuff of dreams. I could die happily, and watch Arsenal from the edge of a cloud.

The good thing still remains that even White can play RB.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ā­

So.. if we get him, surely Saliba is gone?

Gabriel, White, Araujo, Tomiyasu? That's 3+1 CB's. Or do we need 4+1 CB's if we have UCL?

Currently we have Gabriel, White, Holding, Tomiyasu, which is 3+1, but no European football.

City for example has Dias, Laporte, Stones and Ake as CB's, that's 4. Then they have other players who could be a cover. So it's 4+1 or more.

Gabriel, White, Saliba, Araujo, Tomiyasu would be the stuff of dreams. I could die happily, and watch Arsenal from the edge of a cloud.

The good thing still remains that even White can play RB.
I am not so sure. Tomiyasu will probably be utilised as a right back for the most part. We might also sell Holding, though I'm not sure how that would impact our squad in terms of home grown players.

I suspect this is mostly agent talk anyhow.

AbouCuƩllar

Author of A-M essays šŸ“š
Fine player, but yeah, that would surely mean Saliba has no future here.

Being practical I'm not sure that matters, and it would probably be the right decision, given Araujo's ability and his provenness already at a better level than Saliba, but being romantic and having the ideas we have about Saliba's potential it hurts.

But yeah, if you're a cold-headed businessman and you can make that deal, and then sell Saliba for a significant amount, it's likely the right play, much as it hurts to admit it.

drippin

I am not so sure. Tomiyasu will probably be utilised as a right back for the most part. We might also sell Holding, though I'm not sure how that would impact our squad in terms of home grown players.

I suspect this is mostly agent talk anyhow.
Pretty sure our HG situation is good. Even Martinelli is HG next season.

Holding has two years in contract (plus an option for another), but I think he wants more game-time at some EPL club, so I assume the club is willing to let him leave.

Amazing servant, and great buy from Wenger, 3 million euros. Had some injuries too but came back well. We should be able to make a great profit for this HG defender who is still only 26 years old.

Top Bottom