• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ronaldo caught up in rape allegation

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
http://www.spiegel.de/international...-woman-accuses-ronaldo-of-rape-a-1230627.html

A woman from the United States has leveled serious accusations against Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portuguese soccer star, says Kathryn Mayorga, 34, raped her in Las Vegas in 2009. Later, Ronaldo paid her $375,000 so that she would never again speak about that night. Her lawyer, the German newsmagazine DER SPIEGEL reports in its latest issue, is now questioning the validity of that out-of-court settlement in a civil complaint in Nevada.

Ronaldo, Mayorga claims, raped her anally. Afterwards, she says he asked her if she was in pain. "By this time, he's (...) on his knees. He says the 99 percent thing." He insisted, Mayorga says, that he was a "good guy" except for the "one percent."

Ronaldo denies the accusations, the sex was consensual, according to him. Mayorga's lawyer's claim relies in part on a document, which includes Ronaldo's description of what happened that night. In that document, the soccer player is quoted as saying: "She said no and stop several times."

Also saw this post on Reddit

This tweet is from one of the authors.
Basically what it sais (rough translation/ summary):

• There are 2 questionnaires
  • In one (from December 2009) Ronaldo answers that he did have consensual sex with her
  • In the second one (from September 2009) which was send from a lawyer of Osório de Castro's chancellery to Osório and his colleagues, Ronaldo answers the question if she did scream or got loud during sex as followed: "She said stop or no several times. She said that she doesn't want to, but she has made herself available. Afterwards I apologized. But she never screamed."

Wow at that defense, maybe Trump will pick him as their next Supreme Court nominee if Kavanaugh doesn't work out.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
http://www.spiegel.de/international...-woman-accuses-ronaldo-of-rape-a-1230627.html

Also saw this post on Reddit

Wow at that defense, maybe Trump will pick him as their next Supreme Court nominee if Kavanaugh doesn't work out.

If it's true he paid this woman hush money, it's going to be difficult for him to make a believable case that it was consensual. He was apparently banging every beautiful women in sight in those days, so it's not like the sex itself would have presented an image problem. But wealthy athletes (musicians, actors, politicians, etc.) who have women falling all over them often get the idea they are entitled to anything they want with a woman's body. They take it. It's a power trip.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
If it's true he paid this woman hush money, it's going to be difficult for him to make a believable case that it was consensual. He was apparently banging every beautiful women in sight in those days, so it's not like the sex itself would have presented an image problem. But wealthy athletes (musicians, actors, politicians, etc.) who have women falling all over them often get the idea they are entitled to anything they want with a woman's body. They take it. It's a power trip.
He's too rich to go to jail.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

The part with the money is already known for about a year, there was already a Spiegel Article about this.

Hush money has not to say much in cases like this.
The women could threat him to say, that she was raped from him. In this case, of course Ronaldo would pay her the money she demands. Rumours about this could be a fatal image loss and probably would destroy his career.

Why she wants to take Ronaldo to court 9(!) years later?
No money left from the Hush money? All her fear gone?

First the presumption of innocence counts. In germany there was a very famous case about Jörg Kachelmann (try to find english article about this) and he still has to live with the prejudices.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He can get any p***y he want but he gone to rape. I swear footballers are so weird

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I love how people are so quick to believe it. What the **** happened to innocent until proven guilty? MeToo got hold of it and made it guilty until proven innocent.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Because the NDA expired...? Did you even read the article?

Seriously, *if* true that article doesn't paint Ronaldo in a good light at all
... It is the document that could have serious consequences for Ronaldo. It was sent via email in September 2009. The sender was a lawyer from the firm of Carlos Osório de Castro, a lawyer who has long represented the soccer star[CH1] . The recipients were Osório de Castro himself and an additional colleague. In response to the question of whether Ms. C had ever raised her voice, screamed or called out, X answered according to the document: "She said no and stop several times." And furthermore: "I ****ed her from the side. She made herself available. She was lying on her side, in bed, and I entered her from behind. It was rude. We didn't change position. 5/7 minutes. She said that she didn't want to, but she made herself available." And further: "But she kept saying 'no.' 'Don't do it.' 'I'm not like the others.' I apologized afterwards." The document quotes him as saying that she never screamed and never called out for anyone.

"[NN2] Question: Did Ms. C. say anything afterwards about the sex being too brutal? X: She didn't complain about it being brutal. She complained that I forced her. She didn't say anything about wanting to go to the police."

In the answers to the list of questions, Ronaldo confirms several aspects of Mayorga's version: She said no several times. And he apologized afterwards

rich 1990

Rape allegations aren't made lightly. Most of them turn out to be true, and most rapes are never reported at all.

His defense even states she asked him to stop.
Come on, "quoted as saying" is not established fact, is it?

Innocent until proven guilty has to be the mantra even in the most heinous of crimes, BOG. It's the foundation of the legal system in the west. Otherwise innocent people will be ruined left, right and centre. Let's not act like there isn't people out there that wouldn't target Ronaldo for their own ends.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
"She said no and stop several times." And furthermore: "I ****ed her from the side. She made herself available. She was lying on her side, in bed, and I entered her from behind. It was rude. We didn't change position. 5/7 minutes. She said that she didn't want to, but she made herself available." And further: "But she kept saying 'no.' 'Don't do it.' 'I'm not like the others.' I apologized afterwards." The document quotes him as saying that she never screamed and never called out for anyone.

If this part is true and Ronaldo really admitted to that, then it's pretty clearly rape and I don't see how anyone can defend him. For his sake that better be made up and he should sue the newspaper if so.

rich 1990

If this part is true and Ronaldo really admitted to that, then it's pretty clearly rape and I don't see how anyone can defend him. For his sake that better be made up and he should sue the newspaper if so.
Nobody should defend him or judge him. As I've said above, you can't damn someone based on another person's word or a "quote" from a newspaper. If I have to repeat this endlessly, I will.

blaze_of_glory

Innocent until proven guilty has to be the mantra even in the most heinous of crimes, BOG. It's the foundation of the legal system in the west. Otherwise innocent people will be ruined left, right and centre. Let's not act like there isn't people out there that wouldn't target Ronaldo for their own ends.
Yes but that doesn't seem to be the case here I don't think. It's also quite overblown that women would target men with false rape allegations for their own ends. It happens, but it is very, very rare. Their names get dragged through the mud, they get exposed to horrendous verbal/online abuse, etc. There's very little upside to doing it, as any payout or whatever is far from guaranteed, especially if it is indeed made up.

Of course any criminal matter must go through the courts, but honestly the courts have proven to be somewhat inadequate in dealing with this stuff. The women are often traumatized by recalling the events, and the lawyers pick them apart on failing to perfectly recollect ultimately inconsequential peripheral aspects that then make their testimony seem suspect. The Jian Gomeshi trial over here showed that. Guy had over 20 different accusers, but his lawyer focused on the inability of the ones brave enough to come forward in court to recall details about cars, the fact that they talked to each other once they realized they had similar experiences with him, etc and he walked before even having to take the stand. The substance of the accusations was barely examined.

Not the case here as it's just one accuser, but I would say it's fair to conclude that any guy with multiple women who don't know each other accusing him of rape/abuse/harassment has indeed done it. The women stand to gain very little compared to what they open themselves to. But yes, it does need to be examined properly, even if the courts have proven less than perfect for this stuff. I think this is a place for good journalism to show its worth. Good enough reporting (with evidence) can cause the public to reach the right conclusion even if the courts can (necessarily) get caught up on technicalities.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The part with the money is already known for about a year, there was already a Spiegel Article about this.

Hush money has not to say much in cases like this.
The women could threat him to say, that she was raped from him. In this case, of course Ronaldo would pay her the money she demands. Rumours about this could be a fatal image loss and probably would destroy his career.

First the presumption of innocence counts. In germany there was a very famous case about Jörg Kachelmann (try to find english article about this) and he still has to live with the prejudices.

If you were to start paying hush money to any woman who threatens to lie, you'd be setting yourself up for an endless string of allegations. For instance, I don't think the hush money Trump was paying for women's silence was because they threatened to make crap up. I think he's a sexual predator. If you're not guilty and you pay hush money, then you're still guilty of being stupid.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

If there is a legal rape trial, then Ronaldo has the presumption of innocence. Not so in the court of public opinion. There would also be a different standard if the woman filed a lawsuit against him. A legal case requires "beyond a reasonable doubt." A lawsuit requires only a "preponderance of the evidence" (i.e., more likely than not). The O.J. Simpson trial is a good example. He was acquitted in the legal trial because jurors (rightly or not) didn't think the case met the standard of reasonable doubt. But the Goldmans and Browns won a lawsuit which took pretty much everything he had.

But a 10-year analysis of rape cases found less than 6% to be false allegations. And that doesn't include all the women who are raped and don't report it. So in the overwhelming majority, there is something there.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
He can get any p***y he want but he gone to rape. I swear footballers are so weird
It’s not just footballers, and I’m no psychologist, but it’s not as simple as this. From what I’ve read about sexual assault offenders/cases, it’s more the part about being in a position of power/control that excites them.

Also, for someone like Cristiano, who is a global superstar and revered by many, I’d assume he was used to getting what he wanted and not often told no, especially not by some random girl he met at a club or wherever, at a vacation hotspot known as “Sin City,” (reknowned for people letting loose and having a good time) when he’d, as you said, have no shortage of female suitors (which would lead him to believe every girl would want to be with him).

Puzzling that he mentioned her telling him to stop, which if true, is pretty damning. Will have to wait and see how this case develops as more evidence is released before ending up to conclusions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom