Round Of 16: Austria v Türkiye

Bloodbather

Established Member

We always bring excitement to tournaments because our teams are usually enthusiastic and talented but tactically shaky and lack composure. That usually makes for exciting games. And obviously the fans are intense. That is especially a factor in this one because it's in Germany.

Jamie99

Player:Ødegaard
What a game this was!

Frantic and some very good passage of attacking play from both sides where everyone is involved without there being a target man to always try to play the ball to. This is what we as neutrals look forward to in tournament matches. Sadly, same style of play will hardly win you a trophy.

Turkiye need to find a way to add a measure of control to their play in the next game. Although that's a tall ask considering the opposition they'll face.

Bloodbather

Established Member

AM in the mud again. The two best managers (Spalletti and Rangnick) in the tournament go out with a whimper and not one fraud mention. Whilst, the fabulous four march on to the next round.🔥🔥
Spalletti I get, though Italy just has a mediocre squad, but ****ting on Rangnick for this tournament would be insanity. He had Austria playing some crazy good stuff despite having two key players (Alaba & Schlager) out with injuries. They would've won tonight had it not been for that insane save by Mert Günok at the end, too.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We always bring excitement to tournaments because our teams are usually enthusiastic and talented but tactically shaky and lack composure. That usually makes for exciting games. And obviously the fans are intense. That is especially a factor in this one because it's in Germany.

Its gonna be special against Holland to we have a lot of people who feel very connected with Turkey. gonna be fun. Hopefully no problems after the match but only joy.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

I see that as well in Germany, a big Turkish population.

Outside of economic factors, are there other reasons?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I see that as well in Germany, a big Turkish population.

Outside of economic factors, are there other reasons?
There's no colonial history or anything of the sort, Turkey and Germany simply signed an accord in 1960 that allowed Turks to come over for work because there weren't enough German men after WW2. By far the biggest percentage of the Turkish diaspora outside of Turkey lives here for that reason

Bloodbather

Established Member

Its gonna be special against Holland to we have a lot of people who feel very connected with Turkey. gonna be fun. Hopefully no problems after the match but only joy.
Two Dutch-born players in the Turkish squad as well with Ferdi Kadıoğlu and Orkun Kökçü. Though Kökçü is suspended for the Netherlands match.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Also Demiral put in a proper 10/10 performance, unlucky not to get a hat trick and countless blocks and saves. I'd say good to see him get back to this level after his ACL couple years back but then he had to go and do the gray wolf salute after the game the dickhead.

Energoto

Two Dutch-born players in the Turkish squad as well with Ferdi Kadıoğlu and Orkun Kökçü. Though Kökçü is suspended for the Netherlands match.
Is it me, or this Baris guy is very average? Dont you guys have better players in his position? All the games I saw from him, also for Galatasaray, he looks more of a passion merchant than a talented forward?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:
Grande Turkiye. Always liked the country since I went to an all inclusive as a wee lad there
From Russia with love the goat bond movie too, a lot thanks to that gorgeous Istanbul setting

I will root for them now

Bloodbather

Established Member

Is it me, or this Baris guy is very average? Dont you guys have better players in his position? All the games I saw from him, also for Galatasaray, he looks more of a passion merchant than a talented forward?
He's the best athlete on the team. On a team without much athleticism, you want a guy that can go at the defense and keep them on their toes. Also a hard worker defensively. His best position is right winger but he's had to play as a striker for most of the tournament.

Barış can be frustrating, not a technician or a great decision maker, but he's a Swiss army knife type that can produce in many different positions. He's performed for Gala as a full back, wing back, right winger, left winger, and striker.

He was arguably our best performer against the Czechs.

Energoto

He's the best athlete on the team. On a team without much athleticism, you want a guy that can go at the defense and keep them on their toes. Also a hard worker defensively. His best position is right winger but he's had to play as a striker for most of the tournament.

Barış can be frustrating, not a technician or a great decision maker, but he's a Swiss army knife type that can produce in many different positions. He's performed for Gala as a full back, wing back, right winger, left winger, and striker.

He was arguably our best performer against the Czechs.
Yeah, thought so too, very hardworking guy

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, July 19

Marseille would offer around £20m for Eddie Nketiah, but it’s likely that Arsenal would ask for more [Alan Nixon - The Sun]

West Ham are frontrunners to sign Reiss Nelson and a fee of £15m-20m could be enough to clinch a deal [Evening Standard]

Inter and Juventus have asked Arsenal about loaning Jakub Kiwior, but the club will only let him leave on a permanent transfer [Goal Poland]

Academy striker Chido Obi-Martin visited Manchester United’s training ground to discuss a move to the club [AcademyScoop]

Crystal Palace are preparing a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe [Ed Aarons - The Guardian]

Latest posts

Top Bottom