Round Of 16: England v Slovakia

Tom Mix

There's some internet trolling saying Southgate will be fired before next game and Harry Redknapp brought in as caretaker. Never going to happen but I'd go for it.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Just listened to The Rest is Football podcast.

Lineker, Shearer and Richard’s all agreed that the solution is to drop Saka. Not Foden, not Jude… Saka. The player who has done ok over the first three. The player who has been levels ahead of Foden for England.

They’d go with this

Rice Bellingham
Palmer Foden Gordon
Kane

Tell me there isn’t some unconscious bias going on here.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Lineker, Shearer and Richard’s all agreed that the solution is to drop Saka. Not Foden, not Jude… Saka. The player who has done ok over the first three. The player who has been levels ahead of Foden for England.

They’d go with this

Rice Bellingham
Palmer Foden Gordon
Kane

Saka can also play on the left. I would go with Rice Bellingham in midfield and Foden at 10.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

They’d go with this

Rice Bellingham
Palmer Foden Gordon
Kane

It's really astonishing - let's drop the player that's directly/indirectly been involved for England's only two tournament goals because that'll fix everything!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The big problem for me looks to be Kane, he's clearly suffering from that back injury. You watch the highlights of him play vs us in the CL quarter finals and the difference in mobility is night and day. He looks like he can barely move right now. The call here should be to drop Kane for Watkins but Southgate would never do it.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are

They’d go with this

Rice Bellingham
Palmer Foden Gordon
Kane

I would love it if they did this and got knocked out, see who they can blame then.
It’ll still be him won’t it :lol:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pundits throwing out all these bizarre solutions while seemingly ignoring the fact that Foden and Bellingham aren't working together.

Gordon should be this tournaments Saka. I think it was Euro '20 that he didn't start out in the 11 but later came in and lifted us to another level.

Is that width not obvious given that we don't even have a natural LB.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Neville, Richards Lineker, Sherarer would all drop Saka 😂

How have they watched the first 3 and come to the conclusion that Saka was the problem.

What's their actual reasoning? Like what does this achieve? How does dropping Saka fix England's main problem which is they have zero threat on the LHS :lol:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Neville, Richards Lineker, Sherarer would all drop Saka 😂

How have they watched the first 3 and come to the conclusion that Saka was the problem.
Showing their internationals credentials there. Couldn't manage Havant & Waterlooville....

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, July 19

Marseille would offer around £20m for Eddie Nketiah, but it’s likely that Arsenal would ask for more [Alan Nixon - The Sun]

West Ham are frontrunners to sign Reiss Nelson and a fee of £15m-20m could be enough to clinch a deal [Evening Standard]

Inter and Juventus have asked Arsenal about loaning Jakub Kiwior, but the club will only let him leave on a permanent transfer [Goal Poland]

Academy striker Chido Obi-Martin visited Manchester United’s training ground to discuss a move to the club [AcademyScoop]

Crystal Palace are preparing a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe [Ed Aarons - The Guardian]
Top Bottom