Round Of 16: Spain v Georgia

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Rodri is a top player of course.

But him getting man of the match in a game v Georgia (that Spain could have been by like 8 goals as their attack was on fire) when Williams and Yamal playing so well, is so stupid to me.

Save DMs getting MOTM in big tight matches, but give it to an attacker in a game like this...football really is getting boring :lol:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Didn't mention him because his body doesn't seem able to handle it. Looked on an all time trajectory for a minute but he hasn't played nearly as much as Pedri or Gavi yet has missed two years at his age already.

Idk - isn’t this because Barca permanently ruined him by rushing him back from his knee op against medical advice and overplaying him.

They’ll do the same to the others.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Idk - isn’t this because Barca permanently ruined him by rushing him back from his knee op against medical advice and overplaying him.

They’ll do the same to the others.
Nah same situation as Abou Diaby really, was a bit injury prone before but then had a very very nasty injury from a bad foul, iirc they had to remove part of his meniscus in surgery and he missed a full season in the process. Barca overplayed Pedri and Gavi but Fati was really unlucky more than anything.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Nah same situation as Abou Diaby really, was a bit injury prone before but then had a very very nasty injury from a bad foul, iirc they had to remove part of his meniscus in surgery and he missed a full season in the process. Barca overplayed Pedri and Gavi but Fati was really unlucky more than anything.

Nah you’re wrong - the athletic did a whole piece on how Barca ****ed him over. Lemme find it wait

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Condensed version in video form @jones

There’s an article on it that goes deeper but I cancelled my subscription

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Condensed version in video form @jones

There’s an article on it that goes deeper but I cancelled my subscription
Yea I read about that as well and I'm not buying the claims about Barcelona's physios being the worst on earth, the stories don't add up. Spanish media is overflowing with hit pieces on Barcelona and their training methods, many of which been debunked easily.

Not saying their physios don't make mistakes or that coaches haven't overplayed their kids. None of what we see there is nearly as bad as what Arteta is doing to Saka tho we're just lucky he's very durable. Even in the clip you posted they say Fati had a horrible injury and the niggles he had afterwards are because his body is overcompensating for it.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Yea I read about that as well and I'm not buying the claims about Barcelona's physios being the worst on earth, the stories don't add up. Spanish media is overflowing with hit pieces on Barcelona and their training methods, many of which been debunked easily.

Not saying their physios don't make mistakes or that coaches haven't overplayed their kids. None of what we see there is nearly as bad as what Arteta is doing to Saka tho we're just lucky he's very durable. Even in the clip you posted they say Fati had a horrible injury and the niggles he had afterwards are because his body is overcompensating for it.

I don’t think it was the physios per se - I think they were basically pressured into releasing him for more training than his body could handle so soon after injury and then it all went south and he got compensatory injuries because his primary injury never healed.

I don’t think Cugat would have released info that would clearly damage his relationship with a huge club unless he was pretty pissed about how they handled his recovery.

This iteration of Barca have zero interest in making the right decisions for the long term. Overplaying young kids and rushing them back from injury is just another “lever” for them that they pull in desperation

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I don’t think it was the physios per se - I think they were basically pressured into releasing him for more training than his body could handle so soon after injury and then it all went south and he got compensatory injuries because his primary injury never healed.

I don’t think Cugat would have released info that would clearly damage his relationship with a huge club unless he was pretty pissed about how they handled his recovery.
It happens more often than you think, Müller-Wohlfahrt the Bayern and German NT head physio/doctor for 30+ years did that regularly.

Again it could well be they rushed him but a half torn meniscus is often worse than a full ACL tear plus everyone responds differently to injury and rehab. Either way it's a crying shame because he could have been Mbappe levels imo.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, July 13

Arsenal and Bologna are working to find a compromise on the structure of the transfer fee [Di Marzio]

Latest posts

Top Bottom