Round Of 16: Switzerland v Italy

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Enjoying this classical midfield masterclass display from Granit earlier, then remembering I have to endure Rapping Rice and his sideways/backwards 2 yard bars for my team now...

tenor.gif

Mohamed7

Rice didn’t replace Xhaka. They don’t even play the same role. We only put him in 8 because Havertz gamble didn’t work in that position.

We’re still missing Xhaka’s replacement.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
England. :lol:

The latest world cup was won by a white team (most argentinians have predominantly european ancestry). Means nothing.
You got to admit the latins and my African brothers kind of school the ethnically pure caucasian countries in football. Honestly if Africans and Latin players didn’t play in Euro leagues they would be terrible

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
Rice didn’t replace Xhaka. They don’t even play the same role. We only put him in 8 because Havertz gamble didn’t work in that position.

We’re still missing Xhaka’s replacement.

It’s up for debate. Secretly I know that Xhaka never enjoyed playing as an 8. 6 is his natural position.

Tell.

World class performance by Xhaka his passing through the lines & ability to always be in space were immense

Riou

Xhaka prop in the English media, who could’ve imagined this

Soon as he leaves Arsenal, you get the praise by these bellends...happy for Xhaka though.

Also 100% guarantee that Lineker didn't watch any Leverkusen matches this season, no chance he did that :lol:

Riou

Under Arteta Xhaka only got I think 3 red cards in the 3 and a half seasons he worked under him, that's not a liability at all.

He just didn't suit being the defensive/ball winning midfield, in a back 4 formation...once tuat stopped here, he wad quality at Arsenal.

Ironically Danny Murphy was praising him to high heaven in that Italy match, when while at Arsenal he wouldn't shut up about how "reckless" Xhaka was...even before he had even got a freakin' red card in England ffs!

Farzad

It’s clear now that Arteta’s coaching was holding Xhaka back. Good for him finding refuge from Mao Ze Mik’s joy and technical player destroying brand of football

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
It’s clear now that Arteta’s coaching was holding Xhaka back. Good for him finding refuge from Mao Ze Mik’s joy and technical player destroying brand of football

Held back under Arteta in 22/23 : 7 goals 7 assists (pl)

Unshackled under Alonso in 23/24 : 3 goals 0 assists (bundesliga)

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Held back under Arteta in 22/23 : 7 goals 7 assists (pl)

Unshackled under Alonso in 23/24 : 3 goals 0 assists (bundesliga)
He's had a much better season in 23/24 than in 22/23, like genuinely at least a full tier better. I rate that you added the leagues in which he played to clarify that it's blatantly easier in the former but still and I'm sorry to say this akh, measuring a midfielder by goals and assists is exactly why England and Bangladesh will never win sh*t.

Farzad

God i hate these national anthems and patriotic nonsense

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, July 13

Arsenal and Bologna are working to find a compromise on the structure of the transfer fee [Di Marzio]

Latest posts

Top Bottom