• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Roy Keane's comments

Xanshin

1. what has the rest of the footballing world to do with it. he's still a diving cheat and he dives far more than every other player in the world. so he is the BIGGEST diving cheat.

2. his job is not just to put balls in the net, you play the game with eleven players so it's important to help the others as well and not just your self.

3. the fact that he never scores from outside the box shows that he's got now skills. he just scores tap ins, which makes him an average, replaceable striker

4. obvious exeptions like bergkamp and van basten? i bet those are the only strikers of the dutch national team you know and i can assure you that ruud is worse than makaay, van hooijdonck and kluivert. makaay scores everywhere he plays without cheating and under harder circumstances. van hooijdonck made feyenoord win the uefa cup, which seemed impossible to do and made fenerbahce win the turkish leage. and don't go looking on google for names of more dutch strikers to name.

5. he still is more offside than onside

1. No, he does not dive more than every other player in the world. Clearly you haven't seen many games from South America...or Portugal...

2. He's a striker...so yes, his job is to put the ball i the back of the net....it's what they are paid to do. He does (contorary to your warped belief) pass the ball...but if he's in a better position to score from, he has no need to pass the ball...

3. Scoring from inside the box is just as much of a skill as scoring from outside of the box is. In fact, it's probably harder to scor frominside the box. To score from outside the box, you need 1 thing...luck. Yes, you may have skill, but all you NEED is luck. To score from inside the box, you have to find space, get into a good position, time your off the ball movement, have good communication and understanding with the other members of your team etc...so you're talking crap with that one.

4. No, I probably know more dutch strikers than you do...I know ones who aren't even in the dutch national team for example. Van Hooijdonk has nothing on Van Nistelrooy and you're a fool if you think he does. Fenerbahce have won the Turkish league many times without him....so that argument is also crap.

Kluivert is a great striker...but you're contradicting yourself, because he plays very much like Van Nistelrooy, scoring primarily from inside the box, and doesn't pass often.... And...he dives!!!

Makaay is class...but not better than Van Nistelrooy. Makaay can score from anywhere, but scores less frequently than Van Nistelrooy...so once again, it's irrelevant.

Van Der Vaart (Yes, he can play as a striker) is also great, but nowhere near Van Nistelrooy. He's still young though.

What are you gonna come up with next...Collins John being better than him, despire never playing for the full dutch side? You talk ****...
[/quote]

Senght

Persie, maybe if I can show you a video of the Ruudy **** punching our brloved Freddie in the stomahc and runs off, leaving him wincing in pain, you wont be saying that anymore

Gurgen

Established Member
Xanshin said:
3. Scoring from inside the box is just as much of a skill as scoring from outside of the box is. In fact, it's probably harder to scor frominside the box. To score from outside the box, you need 1 thing...luck. Yes, you may have skill, but all you NEED is luck. To score from inside the box, you have to find space, get into a good position, time your off the ball movement, have good communication and understanding with the other members of your team etc...so you're talking crap with that one.

4. Makaay is class...but not better than Van Nistelrooy. Makaay can score from anywhere, but scores less frequently than Van Nistelrooy...so once again, it's irrelevant.
[/quote]

3. Utter bs. The timing etc. for tap ins you describe can all be trained and therefore makes Ruud very replaceable. Talent for putting the ball in the back of the net from all over the pitch can't be trained.

4. Bergkamp scores less frequently than Ruud (and he always did), I guess Ruud's better :roll:

sienna

Van Nisteldive is a good player. No one can deny that but he's one of the most sneakiest, nastiest, conniving player ever. Add his diving skills to the mix and the result is a player which I utterly loathe.

Xanshin

Gurgen said:
Xanshin said:

4. Makaay is class...but not better than Van Nistelrooy. Makaay can score from anywhere, but scores less frequently than Van Nistelrooy...so once again, it's irrelevant.

3. Utter bs. The timing etc. for tap ins you describe can all be trained and therefore makes Ruud very replaceable. Talent for putting the ball in the back of the net from all over the pitch can't be trained.

4. Bergkamp scores less frequently than Ruud (and he always did), I guess Ruud's better :roll:

Tony Yeboah scored a couple of long range beuties...and was crap. Anyone can hit a ball from long range and get lucky. Oh, and good luck training someone to score 30+ goals a season playing in England. If it's so easily trainable, why does hardly anyone achieve it?

And Van Nistelrooy is a much better goal scorer than Bergkamp...but that's not the debate. They're totally different players...the debate is whether or not Van Nistelrooy is a bad striker, and th worst in dutch history....which clearly he is not....

No one's denying he's a cheating ****...but he is a good striker...and easily the best dutch striker at the moment...

Henry IV

I used to like Keane but I lost a lot of respect for him when he started acting like a tosser at the World Cup and then when he admitted ruining Haaland's career on purpose.

Top Bottom