• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Seen him play well but also at times gives you a CB in midfield vibe.

True, on the other hand IIRC it was reported that Emery wanted "a tall DM." Well, this guy isn't tremendous physically and we don't sorely lack physicality in midfield anymore anyway (good luck bullying our current set of midfielders off the ball,) but on the other hand he is still a taller and more "safe" midfielder than anyone we currently have. He offers basic passing and defending, probably inferior to the underrated Elneny in this respect, but his ability to dribble forward with the ball and his extra athleticism and physicality mean that he might be more suited to a second-string two-man midfield that Emery seems to aim for in this team.

Also he is homegrown, young with room for improvement, and apparently on 65k p/w which isn't terribly much, not sure he'd ask for much more here at this point. So I would definitely take a straight swap between him and Ramsey in January with no extra money involved, question is whether we'll be able to sell Elneny for a decent fee after that because he would certainly be redundant. As @Mark Tobias wrote, even without Ramsey we have enough midfielders as is.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Physically and technically gifted, amazing dribbler for his size too. Reminds me of Sp**s Dembele in the sense that he's not really productive despite having such gifts.

Depending on the fee it could be worth signing him and moulding him into a top player but there's other players out there who already know what they are.

Reactions: A_G

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Yikes.

I'm glad you aren't in charge of our transfer business.

Not enough you reckon? Maybe i was being a bit too ambitious considering the difference in standard in the two players but 30m plus Ramsey should get it done.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not sure that another young midfielder is what we need to be honest. Good player, debateable if he's a far bigger talent than Maitland-Niles or Ghendouzi.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Really don’t get why some people want him, reeks of someone who’ll always be promise and never be product. Bring him in as a winger? F*ck me, a guy who can’t get minutes for Chelsea ahead of Ross Barkley and might not even be good enough in his favoured position you want to bring in to play out of position??

The guy should be learning his trade at a smaller PL club, not playing winger at Arsenal ffs.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He's basically a poor man's Pogba; big, technically excellent, but drifts in and out of game and is completely useless without the ball. Don't see why we need a player like him.

LG10

He’s not a dm at all, doesn’t have a defensive bone in his body. Not that we need one, this would be a rambo replacement

Don’t want, ESR is already the better player. AMN a better box to box player.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Only thing I can think of is that Emery played Iborra in an attacking midfield role despite not really being that sort of player. But he used his physicality to his advantage and became a goal threat for Sevilla there. Loftus-Cheek is the exact same size as Iborra with a similar level of physicality and perhaps could be useful in that role.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
He did. But we should still proceed with caution. He is a talented young player, but he had a great game against a team we put 10 goals past in two games last year. Best to judge him against tougher opposition imo.

Not so much about us, it's just that Sarri might rate him more as a squad option after this and he might become unsellable. Not that it was likely he'd come here to begin with.

Top Bottom