• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ruben Neves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Yeah...no, i'm not having this. If he can't pass long, he'll pass sideways or backwards. Slow in transition too. Xhaka without the incisive passes.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Yeah...no, i'm not having this. If he can't pass long, he'll pass sideways or backwards. Slow in transition too. Xhaka without the incisive passes.

Underwhelming game indeed. Not sure if it's an adequate sample though. Need to see some Wolves games vs varied opposition.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Underwhelming game indeed. Not sure if it's an adequate sample though. Need to see some Wolves games vs varied opposition.
Honestly though, if Xhaka had 1 game containing all of the following people would be bashing him. We also have an Israeli native saying their NT is like a team is **** so which basically only makes it worse.

Edit: 5 different links with timestamps, from the same video - hence the "spam" look

The middle one (57s) would be the typical Xhaka meme video.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Yeah, kinda what I though. Seemed like a cross of Xhaka and Elneny at times.

They way he got done there at one point gave me Granit PTSD. Even if he's a tad more mobile than Xhaka, that's not really much. We still need more from our CM, be it from a single player or another addition to the squad to complement him and Partey.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
look at 1.52 👀

acceleration like he is in quick sand & then absolutely leathers the ball to Ronaldo who is only 10-15 yards away

what in the **** is that sequence :no:
This is whats annoying, because he's Portuguese people think he's a better passer than Xhaka, he's not. In the PL he has a lower pass success rate than Xhaka even though Xhaka plays more progressive passes through the lines. Signing this guy for 40m would be a disaster.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

How comes Wolves are selling?
doesn't this have to do with Nuno leaving? I don't know. Maybe also because wolves are slowly becoming a bit **** despite their rise from a couple of seasons ago.

Not sure the other Portuguese players will want to stick around much longer either

also half talking out of my ass here

roz

Fake News Merchant
This is whats annoying, because he's Portuguese people think he's a better passer than Xhaka, he's not. In the PL he has a lower pass success rate than Xhaka even though Xhaka plays more progressive passes through the lines. Signing this guy for 40m would be a disaster.
Classic Arsenal if you ask me. Im off to the bookies to stick a G on Neves to Arsenal.

roz

Fake News Merchant
doesn't this have to do with Nuno leaving? I don't know. Maybe also because wolves are slowly becoming a bit **** despite their rise from a couple of seasons ago.

Not sure the other Portuguese players will want to stick around much longer either

also half talking out of my ass here
Yeah, just find it odd. Obviously playing for Wolves must be bleak but still, feels like they want rid. Haven’t watched a lot of him but it seems like such a sideways move to me.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
People make too many comps of players, tbh.

I can't tell if that is a serious comp to try and make Neves look good, as some of the things in that vid are decent.

But I also can't tell if that comp is to try and make him look crap, as some of the things in that vid are poor.

He will still be a good player for us, if we sign him...he's an upgrade on Xhaka.

roz

Fake News Merchant
People make too many comps of players, tbh.

I can't tell if that is a serious comp to try and make Neves look good, as some of the things in that vid are decent.

But I also can't tell if that comp is to try and make him look crap, as some of the things in that vid are poor.

He will still be a good player for us, if we sign him...he's an upgrade on Xhaka.
Is he though? Haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s an upgrade. If anything it looks like we’re making a Xhaka sized mistake all over again

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Is he though? Haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s an upgrade. If anything it looks like we’re making a Xhaka sized mistake all over again

We will see, I think he is more nimble and a better passer than Granit (don't care for his low stats here, that could mean he is attempting harder passes, which probably feeds into Wolves' main tactic of getting it out to Adama on the break as quick as possible) which will make a difference in this league.

I have seen us finishing pretty much lower every season since Xhaka arrived, with our football in general getting worse and worse seemingly, so I am willing to give another player a shot...as I would if we signed Bissouma instead, or whoever pretty much at this point.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He's not.

If Xhaka played for Wolves where he was protected by the formation and counter attack style, Arsenal fans would be going mad for him. Xhaka is a good player and character, but its time to try something different. Ruben Neves is inferior to Xhaka.

Reactions: roz

ChefMan21

Basing transfer preferences on YouTube videos is akin to walking butt naked through one of those crazy hall of mirrors at the carnival; none will give you an accurate representation of your package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom