• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ruben Neves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kysus

Cross field balls from central midfielders are pointless a lot of the the time and look more impressive for the simpletons. I stand by that. Didn’t say it’s always a bad idea, but many times we see the likes of xhaka/neves type of players get 5 yards pass from the can. Look up and hit 40 yard ball to the full back who pass it back to cb and play starts over again.

Instead of focusing on that lets talk about neves being relegated to 6th choice for portugal. This is apparently the big cm signing and improvement on xhaka. I said before and will say again he is basically a lesser xhaka
Football is all about overloads and crossfield balls are one of the best ways to get your team out from an "underload" into an overload with just a quick switch of play.
Also keeps other teams more on the backfoot because overloading one side might leave them exposed on the other.

zilfy

Excuse me? Only L that's reserved here is for people who think starting for your country has any correlation to your ability.
No correlation huh? Then why do the best clubs in europe (man city, real madrid PSG's etc) have the majority of their squads playing and starting in euros or copa while midtable clubs have relatively few players in these competitions?

Bar the odd exception (grealish as you mention), it seems quite obvious that starting for your country is an extremely good indicator that you are better than the players from your country that aren't selected.

Take your ****ing L

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No correlation huh? Then why do the best clubs in europe (man city, real madrid PSG's etc) have the majority of their squads playing and starting in euros or copa while midtable clubs have relatively few players in these competitions?

Bar the odd exception (grealish as you mention), it seems quite obvious that starting for your country is an extremely good indicator that you are better than the players from your country that aren't selected.

Take your ****ing L

Okay so you think William Carvalho and Danilo are better than Neves and Moutinho? Interesting.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Football is all about overloads and crossfield balls are one of the best ways to get your team out from an "underload" into an overload with just a quick switch of play.
Also keeps other teams more on the backfoot because overloading one side might leave them exposed on the other.

Wouldn’t bother trying to talk ball with @Rasmi, it’s like trying to talk health and fitness with @GDeep™ neither have a scooby.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I didnt say they cant be useful. My point is there are players who constantly hit them for no reason. Crossfield pass at the right time does open up play. Watch Neves highlight its all he does and most time its to a full back who has to start over the play.

zilfy

Okay so you think William Carvalho and Danilo are better than Neves and Moutinho? Interesting.
I'm humble enough to say I don't know (it's a virtue you could do with practicing every once in a while), as I dont watch the players you mentioned week in and week out.

But you said that it makes no difference that hes the 5th choice midfield option for an average Portugal midfield, but it seems that in fact that is quite alarming. As a general rule your 5th choice option is going to be of much lesser quality than your 1st and 2nd options, right?

I want us to buy players that coaches would want starting in their teams, with the exception of rare cases where exceptional talent is in front of the player in the pecking order (ie the foden, grealish, sancho situation).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm humble enough to say I don't know (it's a virtue you could do with practicing every once in a while), as I dont watch the players you mentioned week in and week out.

But you said that it makes no difference that hes the 5th choice midfield option for an average Portugal midfield, but it seems that in fact that is quite alarming. As a general rule your 5th choice option is going to be of much lesser quality than your 1st and 2nd options, right?

I want us to buy players that coaches would want starting in their teams, with the exception of rare cases where exceptional talent is in front of the player in the pecking order (ie the foden, grealish, sancho situation).

If that's your only protocol for wanting a player in the team then that's worrying.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Partey is better than both of them. But you know that already, *****.

Maybe on Fifa or whatever computer game or drug is fashionable nowadays.

Certainly not for us this season, Partey was piss poor. But you know that already.

Lebron

When you don't have a CB or DM capable of switching play with a quick long ball out to a winger/wingback then you have to sit through the slow shuffle from side to side of your GK, CB. LB, back to CB, RB etc.

tcahill

It's looks pretty clear that he's on our shortlist for Partey's partner.

Also anyone who doesn't rate this guy go and look at the wolves forum. They've watched him every week for four seasons and think he's a baller. Would be very happy with this signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom