• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ruben Neves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Neves is the kind of quality cm we should be signing, one of best cms in the league and massive upgrade on what we have at present in Thomas "blast into the nose bleeder section" Partey, Patchy Xhaka and average MO.
For the record he blasts the ball to row Z far more times than Partey it's statistically proven, he's just marginally better at it.

This Partey and Holdini stuff was funny at first but it belongs in the bin now along with the Bellerin gimmick.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
For the record he blasts the ball to row Z far more times than Partey it's statistically proven, he's just marginally better at it.

This Partey and Holdini stuff was funny at first but it belongs in the bin now along with the Bellerin gimmick.

Although Neves had his poorest season with Wolves last season he was still much better than Partey who struggle to produce more than hand full of decent peformances if that (all of Guendouzi, Torreira and Ceabblos had much more impressive first seasons with us).

What Bellerin gimmick?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Although Neves had his poorest season with Wolves last season he was still much better than Partey who struggle to produce more than hand full of decent peformances 8f that (all of Guendouzi, Torreira and Ceabblos had much more impressive first seasons with us).

What Bellerin gimmick?

Partey was injured for the majority of the season and when he was fully fit we looked a lot better.

Goonger

It's more his profile I have beef with, saying he is Xhaka (and I have done this) is selling him short. I am just disappointed because it looks like a continuation of the midfield we have seen which is a slow, methodical, side to side build up.

He is one of those players who could easily step up another gear or two in a (theoretically) better side.

As much as we dont want slow build up to the detriment of the team, there is a lot to be said about having someone who can retain & distribute the ball effectively.

England didn't have that in the final, & for large parts of the 2nd half & extra time Jorginho, Verrati & Co were keeping the ball from England for fun. Modric done likewise in the World Cup semi a few years ago. Its the 1 type of player England is missing in midfield, & actually barely produce, probably Carrick & before him Scholes the only examples of which the last few decades.

I know that's international football & the EPL is slightly different, but there's still a place for technical play makers in todays game, its about getting the balance right throughout the team. Is Neves of sufficient quality, I'm not sure, but I don't think a midfield that's full of runners is the answer either.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I don't have a Partey or Holdini agenda.

Me right now, after getting Iceman off your back:

images

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How much Wolves want? 35M? if he want to leave we could get him around 30M. still there no clear image what midfielder we targeting.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I've said I'd be okay with him if we can't get someone else but the only reason for that is to have a starting midfielder that's not Elneny. I really don't want Neves and especially not for the quoted price

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the same journalist who said we targeting Aouar it's not clear what our club is doing and journalists have no clue in italy they say we want Locatelli in france they say we want Aouar in england it's Neves.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
40 for Neves, 13 for Xhaka. Hmmm. Are we getting taken to the launderette or is he that good? I don't remember him being that good.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
40 for Neves, 13 for Xhaka. Hmmm. Are we getting taken to the launderette or is he that good? I don't remember him being that good.
I would say it’s on the upper end of his value. If I had to hazard a guess I would say his MV is £35-40m. Whether he is worth that in the current climate is up for debate considering Soumare moved to Leicester for under £25m.

If we sign Neves for £35m max we wouldn’t be getting ripped of per say, but he won’t necessarily move the needle here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom