• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ruben Neves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Don’t act like you never rated him.

Carvalho? He's alright, I think he does a job but he'd be ideally a guy you'd use in certain situations like a John Obi Mikel type where he'd be mostly on the bench. He'd offer more than an Elneny in the role he has in the squad for example. But if you're paying big money for him to come in as a starter I'd be very underwhelmed.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Carvalho? He's alright, I think he does a job but he'd be ideally a guy you'd use in certain situations like a John Obi Mikel type where he'd be mostly on the bench. He'd offer more than an Elneny in the role he has in the squad for example. But if you're paying big money for him to come in as a starter I'd be very underwhelmed.

No, Neves.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Some posters here should be writing articles for The Sun with their click bait nonsense.

Why are we increasing the amount a player’s price is just to suit your point? I don’t even want Neves much but since when are we paying £40m+ for him. I’ve been seeing the same **** on here with that for other players.

If we spend £40m+ on Neves this summer (had his worst season + players like Soumare moving for only £25m or whatever it is), then we will be extremely dumb.

db10fan

If we are looking for younger, better on the ball version of Xhaka, rather than Neves I would like some one like Teun Koopmeiners, who is similar CM type to Neves and Xhaka, but should be cheaper with bonus of very good free/penalty kick taker. I would prefer someone closer to Partey's type though, like Camavinga/Tchouameni. or if more attacking then Paqueta.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Grealish doesn't start for England. Is he not worth signing either? What about Felix?

Dumb rationale on Neves. I'm neutral on him, but him not starting for Portugal doesn't influence my thinking.
Grealish doesn't start because your manager doesn't.have the balls to bench Sterling and put him on field. João Felix is similar, this dude is playing with Carvalho in advance position and Renato as winger. Put João as second striker and only one of Pereira or William and they would be much better.

But even that, Neves is never the option to shield them or play over Moutinho or Sanches

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
If we are looking for younger, better on the ball version of Xhaka, rather than Neves I would like some one like Teun Koopmeiners, who is similar CM type to Neves and Xhaka, but should be cheaper with bonus of very good free/penalty kick taker. I would prefer someone closer to Partey's type though, like Camavinga/Tchouameni. or if more attacking then Paqueta.
I would look for Renato, you can see he has a lot of technical and movements in him. He just needs more confidence. Similar to Ødegaard, the hype at 17 was bad for their careers

db10fan

I would look for Renato, you can see he has a lot of technical and movements in him. He just needs more confidence. Similar to Ødegaard, the hype at 17 was bad for their careers
Renato Sanchez is good, but our current CMs lacks physical prowess and size, only Partey has both. Thus I feel we must have at least 1 more of Partey's type, tall, strong CM with good technique and work rate. My preference from the days of PV4, Petit, Gilberto, Parlour and Edu himself.

Rattata

Grealish doesn't start for England. Is he not worth signing either? What about Felix?

Dumb rationale on Neves. I'm neutral on him, but him not starting for Portugal doesn't influence my thinking.
It's not dumb at all. We are not saying Neves is an awful signing because he doesn't start for Portugal.
I just think a player that can't get in the team ahead of players like Danilo, Sanches, Moutinho and Carvahlo is not worth 45m.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This one hasn't gone beyond contact with wolves maybe we waiting for Xhaka to be sold but no updates about this deal.

Him starting or not change nothing it's manager preference.

REWB

Every **** PL club is asking for 45m+ for every average player. Wish the rest of the teams outside the top 6 werent getting 120m every year and were still poor. Top 6 should be having way more of the pie anyway.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Every **** PL club is asking for 45m+ for every average player. Wish the rest of the teams outside the top 6 werent getting 120m every year and were still poor. Top 6 should be having way more of the pie anyway.
The reason is clubs in PL have less pressure to sell thier key players than the clubs outside from PL. For example Ben white no club outside in PL who finished 17th Last season will ask 40-50m it's ridiculous but that what happening these days and we can't keep ignoring the talent the PL have too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom