• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Russian house builders & real estate businessmen (Ruslan Goryukhin, Demin, Abramovich) in EPL

HollyCopter

I'm really curious about why are there so many Russian real estate developers and house builders such as Goryukhin, Demin, Abramovich.
After the failure of Freddy Ljungberg, the owners of Arsenal decided Michael Arteta to be a panacea.

Then I asked myself: do these guys really believe that one manager is able to keep the ship afloat? They do think the team needs no “new blood” - I mean not only players from the youth academy, but also football stars. No wonder Arsenal was only the fifth last season. It deserved to take a lower position indeed...

Therefore, I ask: what do these functionaries spend money on? I mean not only Usmanov from the Arsenal but also other Russian “money-bags”.

Yes, you know the cost of Aras Agalarov’s yacht, Usmanov’s yacht, Abramovich’s mansion?

Romanov, the owner of the Hearts, bought a submarine! a submarine, Carl! What for? For this money, one can buy thousands of Cristianos with Messis and Bales!

Last edited:
Ljungberg, however, was a bad decision. To be honest, I didn’t like him as a player either - quick, dribbler, but no tricks. He has always been too straightforward. Another case, the unpredictable "non-flying Dutchman!" Bergkamp!

And as a coach, Freddy was acting in a straightforward manner - without any strategy. Hence the result. Much more hope for Arteta

Winston89

After the failure of Freddy Ljungberg, the owners of Arsenal decided Michael Arteta to be a panacea.

Then I asked myself: do these guys really believe that one manager is able to keep the ship afloat? They do think the team needs no “new blood” - I mean not only players from the youth academy, but also football stars. No wonder Arsenal was only the fifth last season. It deserved to take a lower position indeed...

Therefore, I ask: what do these functionaries spend money on? I mean not only Usmanov from the Arsenal but also other Russian “money-bags”.

Yes, you know the cost of Aras Agalarov’s yacht, Usmanov’s yacht, Abramovich’s mansion?

Romanov, the owner of the Hearts, bought a submarine! a submarine, Carl! What for? For this money, one can buy thousands of Cristianos with Messis and Bales!

How are Usmanov’s villa or Aras Agalarov’s yacht or something else related to football? This is their money, their right is how to spend it.

You can spend billions on transfers, buy stars, but have no guarantee for the championship. It’s worth to build a team with what we have. A long process that takes patience.

I hope Arteta succeeds ... even if not immediately.

damn, I really miss the "golden times" of Wenger and young Henry ...
Thierry_Henry.jpg

HollyCopter

is it true - the owner of the Hearts bought a submarine? (LOL) what did he buy the damn submarine for?

I also do not understand where they spend so much money. May Everton fans not take offence on me but … IMHO Arsenal deserves to become the champion of Premier League.

Winston89

yes, Wenger is a legend. But Emery seemed to be deserved more trust, more time for building a team. He was fired too early

HollyCopter

yes, Wenger is a legend. But Emery seemed to be deserved more trust, more time for building a team. He was fired too early

no, Arsenal needs new blood. Otherwise, there would be the same “stagnation” as with Wenger in 2016/2017. Only new forces will save it including cool players. This is what the club owners should consider about.

That’s what I noticed.

Many Russian businessmen associated with the construction sphere (house building and real estate sale ) are investing in English football. Roman Abramovich, Alisher Usmanov, Ruslan Goryukhin.

Why builders? o_OIs there anything special in the English Premier League :cool: that attracts Russians from this business to put money into it?

HollyCopter

That’s what I noticed.

Many Russian businessmen associated with the construction sphere (house building and real estate sale ) are investing in English football. Roman Abramovich, Alisher Usmanov, Ruslan Goryukhin.

Why builders? o_OIs there anything special in the English Premier League :cool: that attracts Russians from this business to put money into it?
These guys, apparently, see the potential for construction projects in the English football infrastructure. Lol

Winston89

Just a coincidence.
In addition, Ruslan Goryukhin has nothing to do with English football. This is a former Russian top manager, today engaged in passive investment. He is more involved with sports such as karate.
And the business of Abramovich and Usmanov is definitely not connected with construction only. So the formulation of the question itself is initially incorrect.

it seems to me that these rich people could just as well sponsor football clubs from russia but for some reason they are drawn to our football.o_O

Winston89

it seems to me that these rich people could just as well sponsor football clubs from russia but for some reason they are drawn to our football.o_O

No wonder. Just compare the level of the English and Russian Premier League. From time to time Russian clubs show good football, but all this is temporary and extremely unstable. English football is already a part of world sports history.

Top Bottom