• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

RVP (Judas) Interview

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Quality,winning titles,loyalty,rejecting big clubs and love that club where they play.

With that being said, do any of you hold it against Thierry Henry for joining Barcelona?

No denying he was the best player in the Premier league whilst here and Arsenal means a lot to him but I just wonder if leaving for Barcelona does anything for the purists.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The last Arsenal player legend we had leave the club was, Thierry Henry in 2012...and before that, the last Arsenal player legend to leave the club was, also Thierry Henry, this time in 2007 ;)

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
With that being said, do any of you hold it against Thierry Henry for joining Barcelona?

No denying he was the best player in the Premier league whilst here and Arsenal means a lot to him but I just wonder if leaving for Barcelona does anything for the purists.

As i can remember,most fans wasn't so bitter about that move.He had 8 great years at Arsenal,was probably our best player and he just wanted to win Champions League,as he missed that out with Arsenal.

He wasn't regular in his last season with us and new generation started to play at Arsenal.Think that he gave everything and it was time to move on.

He left on pretty classy manner,unlike some others.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Him leaving almost directly propelled us to win the league in 2008, weirdly!

His last season here was a bit of a nightmare really...while leading by example as our captain brilliantly in 05/06, by 06/07 you could tell the fire was just not there to play for Arsenal anymore...he seemed to be constantly injured, getting annoyed very easily when matches went wrong, just needed a change really...when he left, the likes of Cesc and Robin really stepped up in his place, unfortunately we just couldn't keep up with United in the end, but that's just the way it is sometimes.

Was heartbroken when he left, but never held it against him, was just glad he would never be playing against us for a rival...I remember when Chelsea got the money in 2003, there were some rumours they were trying to buy him that summer, if that happened, Jesus...would have been worse for me than Austin shaking McMahon's hand at Mania 17 :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Like I said in the Cesc thread and I'll continue to say, I don't blame RVP for him leaving. We weren't ambitious. If we were, I'm pretty certain that the likes of Nasri, Cesc and RVP would have ended up staying and we won't have been in this mess.

Have you seen any of our successful rivals loosing their players to us? No, because as long as their club stays competitive they don't really have much reason to leave.

The real villain here is Ivan the bald fvck. Throwing stupid money at undeserving players and loosing our best players for free or close to nothing

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I totally agree. But it was unfair not to win that title. Wenger deserved it, fabreags, adebayor, hleb and all the squad. they were by far the best in the league and they produced some ridiclous football. Had we won that title, our entire history as arsenal FC would change. That's the sad part.
They didn’t deserve sh*t. Winning the title isn’t about pretty football at all it’s way more than that.

The recruitment was sloppy and those group of players lacked heart and mental fortitude, I don’t look back at that period fondly at all tbh. Earlier in Wenger’s reign was far superior.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Neither does Cantona or Keane but we still respect them a lot too. Robin has definitely earned a place in our history.

It's not as if he'd stayed at Arsenal he would have got a statue next to Henry for finishing 4th.

With the amount of legends at the club it's quite difficult; Sir Alex, Best, Law and Charlton are the statues we have.

Arsenal fans have this dumb coping technique of saying that Fabregas and RVP aren't legends anywhere like they would even be legends here if they stayed. Just can't come to terms with players leaving us for better team, I'm sure Van Persie would much prefer winning the league than leaving some 4th placed legacy.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
They didn’t deserve sh*t. Winning the title isn’t about pretty football at all it’s way more than that.

The recruitment was sloppy and those group of players lacked heart and mental fortitude, I don’t look back at that period fondly at all tbh. Earlier in Wenger’s reign was far superior.

I hate when Arsenal fans bring up seasons like "we would win the league in X if Y happened" like our teams aren't full of weak players that crumble all the time and were only 1 or 2 loses away from complete collapse. I see @Riou do it a lot tbh, but he always overrates Arsenal players. Thought Torreira was Barca level :lol: I can see why @GDeep™ says he posts nonsense.

scytheavatar

Established Member

This. People forget that the 2007/08 squad played great football in the first half of the season yet in the second half most of the players were playing like they didn't get a bloody s***. Hleb in particular went from being amazing to being useless after that ice cream with Inter debacle. Eduardo injury was unfortunate but even before that moment the team was running on fumes.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol it was actually those crop of players that started the “cold night at stoke” cliches and the “you just have to rough them up” mentality against us.

We went from physical beasts with warrior mentality to a bunch of pretenders that day dreamed about moves to Europe’s elite instead of having their heads on the title race.

Personal pet peeve of mine, I hate when people praise that group. We had a certain reputation and identity in the 90’s/early 00’s and the likes of Hleb and others shat all over it.

The boys against men stuff all started with them.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lol it was actually those crop of players that started the “cold night at stoke” cliches and the “you just have to rough them up” mentality against us.

We went from physical beasts with warrior mentality to a bunch of pretenders that day dreamed about moves to Europe’s elite instead of having their heads on the title race.

Personal pet peeve of mine, I hate when people praise that group. We had a certain reputation and identity in the 90’s/early 00’s and the likes of Hleb and others shat all over it.

The boys against men stuff all started with them.
This 100%

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Him leaving almost directly propelled us to win the league in 2008, weirdly!

His last season here was a bit of a nightmare really...while leading by example as our captain brilliantly in 05/06, by 06/07 you could tell the fire was just not there to play for Arsenal anymore...he seemed to be constantly injured, getting annoyed very easily when matches went wrong, just needed a change really...when he left, the likes of Cesc and Robin really stepped up in his place, unfortunately we just couldn't keep up with United in the end, but that's just the way it is sometimes.

Was heartbroken when he left, but never held it against him, was just glad he would never be playing against us for a rival...I remember when Chelsea got the money in 2003, there were some rumours they were trying to buy him that summer, if that happened, Jesus...would have been worse for me than Austin shaking McMahon's hand at Mania 17 :lol:

Henry is interesting because really we didn’t compensated anywhere near to his value even though he was a bit older. Also said he’d never go to Barcelona after the CL final loss but still did.

He seemingly mailed in his last year and as soon as he went to Barcelona he was back to a world class player all over again. I don’t think we as a fan base cared considering Adebayor had his one good season as soon as Henry left but it was weird looking back.

Corbulo

He left on pretty classy manner,unlike some others.
Terrible acting from Henry. The legend who had to "re-learn the game when he left Arsenal". The legend who said he’d never go to Barcelona. The legend who missed Wenger's final home game...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The legend who needed a new challenge by joining the team that beat us in the CL final. Idols, legends, statues. Bullshit! There's no such thing.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
09/10, 10/11 ... I wonder how we always managed to choke the whole thing in like 3-4 consecutive games. it may sounds stupid, but I always believed that our main problem is the luck.
Luck, a never ending injury crisis in crucial areas and always being about 1/2 players short have done us in for about ten years.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Arsenal fans have this dumb coping technique of saying that Fabregas and RVP aren't legends anywhere like they would even be legends here if they stayed. Just can't come to terms with players leaving us for better team, I'm sure Van Persie would much prefer winning the league than leaving some 4th placed legacy.

That's kinda true.And if you see most "legends" stayed in one club because they won titles almost every season and they were very well paid.Why would they leave than ? Can't name so many legends for some 'small' club.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Does anyone know where to find the full match of the 2004 Community Shield? I don't understand why it's so elusive. So many great performances that day - Reyes, baby Fabregas with the mullet, and Pennant played brilliantly too. No idea why he fell off almost immediately after that one game.
I found it on Footballia, where I've recently been watching other old Arsenal games such as the 0-1 away at Bernabeu in 2006.

This is the link to the game https://footballia.net/matches/arsenal-fc-manchester-united-community-shield
The quality is pretty poor, the commentry is in Catalan, and their dialects are insane sometimes. Royan Geeeks, Pouul Shjooles etc. but it's better than nothing.

This is 5 minutes into the game. Dennis Bergkamp just powerhousing Man U. :drool::drool::drool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom