• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Bertrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gn1212

People losing their minds over nothing.
In the very likely scenario that we won't have European football, I'll make a guess that he barely makes 10 apps all season.
Tierney will be fine now that he doesn't need to play in unnecessary fixtures and won't be risked when he isn't 100%.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
John Percy very reliable for Leicester reporting they considering getting Bertrand.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tierney has played the 6th highest amount of minutes of any outfield player season, he will get very close to 3000 minutes if he plays the final two games which is respectable.

Sure he has had a few niggles but the idea that he is some fragile little flower who is constantly injured is a bit of a myth in my opinion.
Exactly.

Which is why I'd rather gamble on Saka, Cedric, Xhaka and Doig (or any young LB) as LB cover rather than signing Bertrand on stupid wages.

Let's not forget that we can assume we'll have less injuries next season, playing only one game a week.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Why do they need bags of PL experience? This isn't difficult, literally a 3m offer for Lee Buchanan and Derby would snap our hands off right now, given their plight. This isn't a parallel universe where Ryan Bertrand is the only available LB, there are others.

This had led to Tierney playing the most minutes of any Arsenal outfield player this season and given the ground he covers every game and his physical style this is not ideal and Mikel Arteta will surely be looking to rest him in lesser competitions
....proceeds to play him in a 'free hit' after playing 270 mins in a week. Then proceeds to overplay Xhaka at LB then blames EL exit on Xhaka injury.

My manager. 😍

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Exactly.

Which is why I'd rather gamble on Saka, Cedric, Xhaka and Doig (or any young LB) as LB cover rather than signing Bertrand on stupid wages.

Let's not forget that we can assume we'll have less injuries next season, playing only one game a week.

Bro you've been told about this Saka, Cedric and Xhaka at left back nonsense. Don't let them beat you down again.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Leicester City going for Bertrand? But AM told me he wasn't good enough? Leicester probably offer him a starting spot ffs.
Did anyone actually say he wasn't good enough? Or did people say they didn't want someone old on a long contract and unjustifiably (for a backup) high wages?

Luke Thomas isn't ready and paying high wages for Bertrand to come and be first choice for 1-2 years, while they develop Thomas, and then be backup makes a lot more sense than for us to get him in just to be backup. We should really look for a Luke Thomas ourselves to be backup for Tierney.

Doig, Buchanan, etc makes perfect sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom