• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Bertrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfkidultman

Also, Arteta’s comments about wanting a left footer makes me question even more the decision not to sell AMN.

He’s proven repeatedly that he can do a job as a left wing back in the system Arteta was using at the time.

This is also Arteta’s first management job. He’s learning a lot as he goes.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
"Palace's Tyrick Mitchell been scouted - by Arsenal and several clubs - this season."

From the imbedded tweet in the first post.
Oh! Didn't notice that. Seems to be out of contract too. We should get him or Omar from Reading to send on loan for the rest of the season and next full season to Southampton to get Bertrand over the line without a fee then.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

"Palace's Tyrick Mitchell been scouted - by Arsenal and several clubs - this season."

From the imbedded tweet in the first post.

He also has contract until 2021. I'm fine with any cheap EPL level player as Tierney backup. Not sure if such a young player wants to come to the bench mostly.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He also has contract until 2021. I'm fine with any cheap EPL level player as Tierney backup. Not sure if such a young player wants to come to the bench mostly.

I am not fine with such backups, start putting talented young players behind the established ones ffs.

StefanB

Did actually post about him in the wish list thread this morning, along with Bissoumsa and a backup for Leno (which ironically we got out of the blue like 20 mins later) :lol:

Bertrand is a decent player, but Mitchell actually has quite the ceiling in my view. Would also fetch us a pretty good fee in a couple of years if he wants to leave, while Bertrand will leave on a free after collecting every penny he can.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I am not fine with such backups, start putting talented young players behind the established ones ffs.
I'm sympathetic to this but you can't fill the squad with young players. You do need some experience in places, including back-ups/second choice. Bertrand would be a smart addition given the market and it being a January transfer window.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So I’ll be honest I’m not buying the Mitchell hype.

Palace supporting in laws bang on about him non stop but I just don’t see it with him yet. He looks poor on the ball and not really strong in the tackle either.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I'm sympathetic to this but you can't fill the squad with young players. You do need some experience in places, including back-ups/second choice. Bertrand would be a smart addition given the market and it being a January transfer window.

Come on mate, as if we couldn't get a very very good young talent from the lower leagues right now. We have experience twice for RB and a already experienced Tierney on the left.

Saka has outperformed someone like Bertrand on the LB position, even when it's not been his best one, with 17 years of age.

LB/RB, attackers - that's hardly a position you need that kind of experience, you'd rather need pace to burn, power, talent.. and we are talking backup, not first choice.

That experience stuff only holds true for CB and GK imo. You are just adding the same old wage bill for past it backups that will run down their remaining contract whilst not adding much

drippin

Well it's not always that simple. Bertrand would be very cheap back-up, who would want to be one.

Young players usually cost a lot, and are not so easily fine with being a clear 2nd choice.

Cedric whispering to his Soton friend's ear. Stuff of dreams when you consider how this will rattle certain people in AM. :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I agree with this. Tierney is young enough and getting a solid pro that would stop the level dropping too much and is ok to not play every single match is the way to go.

Finding another Tierney who is fine with bench is just not going to happen/work.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Come on mate, as if we couldn't get a very very good young talent from the lower leagues right now. We have experience twice for RB and a already experienced Tierney on the left.

Saka has outperformed someone like Bertrand on the LB position, even when it's not been his best one, with 17 years of age.

LB/RB, attackers - that's hardly a position you need that kind of experience, you'd rather need pace to burn, power, talent.. and we are talking backup, not first choice.

That experience stuff only holds true for CB and GK imo. You are just adding the same old wage bill for past it backups that will run down their remaining contract whilst not adding much
It's hard to have a developing player behind Tierney since he's still pretty young and developing. Best for us to go the Bertrand route. Plus, we have Joel Lopez coming through. This helps to insure he has a chance.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He good player even much better than most PL fullbacks my only problem with this is age we already paying alot of money for players that 30 or above.

drippin

He good player even much better than most PL fullbacks my only problem with this is age we already paying alot of money for players that 30 or above.

The point with this is that he has 6 months in contract, and likely isn't on huge wages currently.

He will be a cheap back-up, and we can focus on more important areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom