• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Bertrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
He good player even much better than most PL fullbacks my only problem with this is age we already paying alot of money for players that 30 or above.

Looks like the club is making a push to try to at least get into the EL qualification conversation this season. We do need to keep wages down on this one as much as possible.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Everton+v+Chelsea+Carling+Cup+Fourth+Round+rajruEg7hKxx.jpg

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
How much is he on?

We gave Cedric 75k IIRC, which is a bit too much for a back up player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Heard he’s a decent pro by all accounts. Good guy in the dressing room so if there is a terrible culture hopefully he’ll be a step in the right direction.

Not sure what Ryan’s like seen as there’s reports about Brighton keeping him away from the first team in recent weeks after he was dropped.

How much is he on?

We gave Cedric 75k IIRC, which is a bit too much for a back up player.

Their wage structure is mental. Read they’re trying to get Ings to agree to a 70k per week deal which is less than Cedric :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The point with this is that he has 6 months in contract, and likely isn't on huge wages currently.

He will be a cheap back-up, and we can focus on more important areas.
Free agents will look for huge signing on plus agent will demand big fee. His wages probably won't be high i wouldn't mind this transfer he play in 4 not injury prone very good performer too but i hope if we sign we won't give him more than 2 years contract

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I've always rated Bertrand. Sort of player that has flown under the radar most of his career. Good player.

Our left back position would look very strong with him coming in as back up.

Right sort of age profile too. You don't want a youngster or someone approaching their prime years with KT being only 23 himself.

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Free agents will look for huge signing on plus agent will demand big fee. His wages probably won't be high i wouldn't mind this transfer he play in 4 not injury prone very good performer too but i hope if we sign we won't give him more than 2 years contract

Of course, but it's always a lot cheaper to buy someone with 6 months in contract or no contract. I don't understand this argument at all.

He will be cheap compared to most other options, just like Cedric.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Heard he’s a decent pro by all accounts. Good guy in the dressing room so if there is a terrible culture hopefully he’ll be a step in the right direction.

Not sure what Ryan’s like seen as there’s reports about Brighton keeping him away from the first team in recent weeks after he was dropped.

Their wage structure is mental. Read they’re trying to get Ings to agree to a 70k per week deal which is less than Cedric :lol:

Wait, really? :lol: How Cedric can keep a straight face is beyond me.

Reckon he sent his mates at Southampton a picture of his first wage check at Arsenal as soon as he got it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wait, really? :lol: How Cedric can keep a straight face is beyond me.

Reckon he sent his mates at Southampton a picture of his first wage check at Arsenal as soon as he got it.

Nah I misremembered sorry. Ings is on 75k a week but they’re pushing for 80k a week :lol:

It’s mad isn’t it. Their back up RB gets on the gravy train with us while their star striker is left on a similar wage.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ryan Bertrand on a one year deal would be good. He’s been a good player and as a squaddy for a year I’m sure there is still enough fuel in the tank.

My issue becomes when you sign 30-32 year olds and give them 3/4 year retirement deals, those are horrendous.

Bertrand at 32, for one year, I will support.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Kinda funny that Di Matteo never got any real praisd whatsoever for his work.

That CL run was mental though. After they jammed their way past Napoli they had three straight games of like 30% possession :lol:

Messi and Robben both missed potential game winning penalties as well as a boatload of other chances.

That Chelsea dressing room was arguably better without a manager tbh. They did a similar madness with Avram Grant when Drogba, Terry, Lampard, Essien and others dragged them to a CL final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom