<

Ryan Fraser

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by aevi, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Many people have misunderstand emery.
    All the players he worked with in his previous teams were very technical and skillful players.

2. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

We should focus on getting 3 quality players in. Trying to fix all of our problems in one window will just result in more average players at the club.

Wilshero and Rex Banter like this.
  3. BenTal

BenTal Well-Known Member

Never judge a book by its cover. Gervinhio and Özil aren't enough? Check whoscored and according to it Mustafai is world-class.

4. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado Trusted

How many super short players can we realistically fit in the lineup before its an issue?

Was trying to think of teams that have multiple players like Lucas & Fraser.

5. Red London

Red London Anti-Simp Culture Trusted

100% Agree.
    Winger, Centre Back, Left back. All well thought out players who will take us up a level and let Emery better play his system.

The only issue is we also need a number 8 to replace Rambo. We might sacrifice getting a starting LB for one more year? If we get a good CB maybe it won't be a terrible idea if funds are limited.

In terms of other positions I dont mind left field experimental signings or promoting youth. (to replace the departing Jenko/Lich, Elneny, Welbeck).

But as you said quality over quantity. You get in a good player and he's an asset to the team and the club financially. You bring in a mediocre player and theres the potential there for him to turn into a burning hole in the wage bill that you cant shift... we have suffered enough from that and I think thats something the whole fan base can agree on.

6. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

You’d hope we can pick up a cheap LB for now with two quality additions.

For me fixing the midfield is urgent, maybe a Rabiot/Tielemans alongside a creative player like Maddison.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  7. Red London

I'm a massive fan of Tielemans, and Rabiot presents insane value even given his terrible attitude/arrogance.

In terms of midfield I'm not sure what Emery wants if im honest with you. Does he want someone who really enables play like a Banega type player or a like for like Rambo replacement. If its like for like then I really really question the way we handled the contract negotiations.

The right midfielder + a winger will make our play that whole lot more smooth. In terms of wing options I'd take people like Fraser, Guedes, Carrasco etc. Players who give width/pace and can help create chances from wide positions.

8. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Thought his performance today was rather alarming, tbh. Like he would here, today was a day where his team was expected to control matters and he to produce the goods, he did **** all bar the corner. Think we should look elsewhere. I don't usually change my mind so quickly but i saw a lot i didn't like.

9. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

I'd have to think he would be looking for a Banega type since apparently the Ramsey decision was based both on financial and footballing reasons. A Banega would fit Emery's past tactical profile.

10. Red London

We haven't really been linked to any so far though

11. Football Manager

We need skillful wingers, the Saint-Maximin
    Chukwueze type of player.

Ramsey/Tielemans/Rabiot/van de beek are not the type of player we should go for. I don’t want my central players to drift into other position and we lost on the counter because we are exposed with huge gaps and spaces in the central midfield area. We don’t need to replace ramsey. We need to replace Cazorla and Fabregas.

These are better players: Aouar, Tonali, Cuisance, Ndombele

When you choose midfielders, you always choose the iniesta/kaka (AM), Xavi/pirlo (CM) and busquets/gattusso (DM) type of players.
    Gerrard and Lampard type of players are absolute **** and they will not be success in modern football and modern tactics.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Ndombele has apparently opened negotiations with Real.

13. Football Manager

then find a similar type of player

14. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Except Banega -- constantly -- of course. :lol:

I think most of these early links are more speculation and agent talk than anything else. People think "Arsenal needs a Ramsey replacement" and try to come up with possibilities. Anything for a story to generate clicks. Thankfully the summer is almost here and it will become clearer as we go along.

15. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Thing is though the differences between an Iniesta and Kaka are huge. Kaka was all about dribbling at pace in transition, breaking lines and causing havoc. Iniesta was an elite passer and play linker in the final third.

Same with Gattuso and Busquets. One was a pit bull in midfield while the other one is better at recycling possession and applying pressure rather than winning tackles.

Ever since I heard Wenger saying in the CL you need to control the midfield if you want to do well I think it’s what we should address first. If we do qualify we could get bounced at the group stage with UEFA’s new seeding rules.

Torreira, Rabiot/van de Beek and Maddison that’s a midfield full of running, technical ability and more important chance creation.

SteveEvets likes this.
  16. Football Manager

Of course there are differences in those players.
    But my point is, we don’t want the full of running midfielders. We need them to be super technical and tactically disciplined so we won’t lose our shape.
    Aouar, Tonali, Cuisance, Ndombele are very good players. We should build a midfield that play beautiful short combination and the opponent can’t even get a touch of the ball.

17. Football Manager

Every team have at least one skillful dribbler with crazy skills.
    Sane, mahrez, salah, shaqiri, willian, son, martial......
    Even lower teams have deloufeu and zaha.

I have been waiting for walcott to leave Arsenal for years. I can’t have Fraser in my team, which I will have to wait many more years to get my arsenal back.

18. em9999

em9999 The Coward of AM

Some Arsenal fans are pure snobs, fraser is a cracking player,

before liverpool signed them you would have turned your nose up at salah, robertson.
    The list goes on

say yes and Sanchez11 like this.
  19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

Not sure this is the right direction for us. If we had our star wide-forwards maybe it could be a good addition. Like Liverpool when they had Mané and Salah they added Shaqiri.

I think we need bigger quality out wide!

20. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Thomas Tuchel Stan Trusted

20 million, 24 years old, only Hazard has more assists, plus 7 goals?

Think he'd improve us more than some would think. Wasn't entirely convinced watching him vs Sp**s but definitely could get behind this signing now after watching our wide players vs Brighton.

say yes likes this.
  21. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Would buy fraser plus another winger talented one like Neres for example both could cost us total 50m