• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Bizarre link.

No way Unai brings him in without at least seeing/assessing Nelson and ESR's position in the squad next season.

What have those two got to do with anything? At this point Nelson is miles away from the first team and ESR probably stays where he is on loan for another season.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
What have those two got to do with anything? At this point Nelson is miles away from the first team and ESR probably stays where he is on loan for another season.
Esr has played 0 games though. Why loan him there again

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Big fan of Ryan Fraser. Really good little player. I don't guess Arsenal has had a quality Scottish player since Champagne Charlie.

Charlie Nic is the reason I started supporting Arsenal all those years ago. It didn't work out that well for him here but he did score those 2 goals at Wembley to win us the cup.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Esr has played 0 games though. Why loan him there again

He was injured when he went there and has been injured ever since. I think we did it with a view to him settling in for a bit and then having the full year there. Leipzig seem keen to keep him for longer as well.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He was injured when he went there and has been injured ever since. I think we did it with a view to him settling in for a bit and then having the full year there. Leipzig seem keen to keep him for longer as well.
Interesting. Hope it works out!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Charlie Nic is the reason I started supporting Arsenal all those years ago. It didn't work out that well for him here but he did score those 2 goals at Wembley to win us the cup.

He was Arsenal's player of the year one season and was about midway through the club's 50 greatest players list, but it's true he never really fulfilled his potential. His lifestyle may have had something to do with that. Charlie loved the bright lights and the big city. I probably couldn't have resisted the temptations either. :lol:

blaze_of_glory

6088657161_0eafcd90ed_b.jpg

lucky7

Winger with more goal contributions than Fraser this season (PL)

Hazard, Salah, Sterling, Son, Firmino

Now let's look at production relative to the offensive strength of each of the teams they play for (% of goal contribution).

Hazard 48%
Fraser 43%
Zaha 35%
Salah 33%
Sterling 29%
Son 28%
Firmino 24%
Obviously this wouldn't represent a direct increase at Arsenal, but it shows his performance relative to the quality of his team is exceptional. The same types of arguments have made Zaha's valuation sky rocket.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Been a fan of Fraser for the last couple of seasons. Didn't have the output last season but he's always very dangerous - quick and incisive dribbler, particularly on the counter. This is type of smart signing Liverpool would make - someone who knows the PL and can give us an extra dimension without the weight of being a big name signing.

My only caveat is that I'd like to see more of Nelson and other youngsters we already have in the team, but hopefully we have decent loans lined up for them where they play regularly until they're deemed ready to come back. If that happens, I'm not against bringing in a Fraser.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Been a fan of Fraser for the last couple of seasons. Didn't have the output last season but he's always very dangerous - quick and incisive dribbler, particularly on the counter. This is type of smart signing Liverpool would make - someone who knows the PL and can give us an extra dimension without the weight of being a big name signing.

My only caveat is that I'd like to see more of Nelson and other youngsters we already have in the team, but hopefully we have decent loans lined up for them where they play regularly until they're deemed ready to come back. If that happens, I'm not against bringing in a Fraser.

I think loans are a better option for Reiss Nelson and some others. They still need some seasoning. But I concur with your assessment. Fraser can step right in and provide Arsenal with exactly what they need at an affordable price.

If this lad was Nigerian he’d be worth £50m.

Or if he were English. Scottish players get no love these days. :D

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'dlove Ryan Fraser here, been following him since Wilshere moved there for the loan and I was always confusing the two.

HBL

Established Member
If we can get him for around the £20m mark I think this is definitely worth it. Don't think his finishing is great but certainly causes problems for defenders, rapid and has a good work rate. I don't see much downside with this if we can get him on the cheap.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Feel like he's one of those who are good midtable players, but fails to take the step up at a bigger club. He's a good player, but never really felt he was top club material unlike Brooks.

Not totally opposed though, if the fee is reasonable it might be worth the gamble, but hopefully he won't be the only winger in that case.

Wizzard

Feel like he's one of those who are good midtable players, but fails to take the step up at a bigger club. He's a good player, but never really felt he was top club material unlike Brooks.

Not totally opposed though, if the fee is reasonable it might be worth the gamble, but hopefully he won't be the only winger in that case.

Like Sadio Mane for example? He is 2 goals or assists away from Manes last year at Soton, and they were an arguably better team back then, then Bournemouth are now.
I think Fraser could develope into a star at the right club. Everytime we played him, he was a pain in the arse.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Torreira came from midtable Club in Italy but he preformed well with us i think fraser style suit an offensive team as us

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Feel like he's one of those who are good midtable players, but fails to take the step up at a bigger club.
That's definitely the main risk with signings like this, you never know how these guys will do. Mane was a bit younger when he was doing well at Southampton, so you felt there was still some potential there. Even a guy like Mahrez who was POTY struggled to make the jump, whereas Danny Drinkwater has fallen off completely.

Best case scenario would be Fraser ending up as a solid squad player like Lallana, who was a similar age when he joined Liverpol.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

That's definitely the main risk with signings like this, you never know how these guys will do. Mane was a bit younger when he was doing well at Southampton, so you felt there was still some potential there. Even a guy like Mahrez who was POTY struggled to make the jump, whereas Danny Drinkwater has fallen off completely.

Best case scenario would be Fraser ending up as a solid squad player like Lallana, who was a similar age when he joined Liverpol.

Surely a better case scenario would be Fraser taking it up another notch and becoming a world class winger for Arsenal? :lol:

Best case scenario isn't him becoming a good squad player. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom