• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Mourinho is probably a big pull still, and his high energy, put in a shift type style might work more with Jose.

Good point. It's weird how some fans seem to pretend Mourinho isn't a great coach. For every Pogba, Shaw and Ndombele there are 3 or 4 players who get a lift from him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You're kind of right, but the difference is that Chelsea youngsters have had opportunity.

Saka is the only youngster who has had a consistent run in the first team as a starter. Willocks and Guendouzi did at the start of the season and looked decent, form dropped off though naturally. ESR barely featured. Nelson has looked a little lost, but both Emery and Arteta seem to rate him. Martinelli has looked brilliant when given a chance, but was strangely dropped when hitting form.

I strangely have faith that Salibah, Saka, Guendouzi and Martinelli are ready to contribute consistently right now.

Willock, Nelson, ESR and Nketiah all possibly need more time or a loan to a good level club.

You get the opportunity because your good enough. Abraham showed he was good enough to start ahead of Giroud. People say that might not be much competition but Giroud is still a useful player.

Mount came into a team leaving the likes of Pulisic/Pedro/Barkley on the bench.

Reece James has come in at right back Azpi over the left. Tomori played very well but in some games looked raw which is normal for a 19 year old centre half. Something Saliba may find out about.

truth_hurts

You get the opportunity because your good enough. Abraham showed he was good enough to start ahead of Giroud. People say that might not be much competition but Giroud is still a useful player.

Mount came into a team leaving the likes of Pulisic/Pedro/Barkley on the bench.

Reece James has come in at right back Azpi over the left. Tomori played very well but in some games looked raw which is normal for a 19 year old centre half. Something Saliba may find out about.

Zero context applied. Let's have it right, Abraham got his chance because Morata is at Atletico and Chelsea had a transfer ban. He fitted the profile of player that Lampard likes. Lampard probably would have sold Giroud and bought a replacement if he were able to. Abraham was gifted the opportunity and took it with both hands.

Are you forgetting the rough ride that Abraham had at the start of the season or tactically ignoring it? Most managers would have dropped him. Fair play to player and manager for working through it.

Mount is Lampard's boy from Derby. I'm not sure why you've included Pulisic and Pedro as competitors when Pulisic has largely played wide and Pedro is a winger. Again fair play to Mount he's taken his chance. Expect him to be benched next season when Chelsea can buy again.

James and Tomori have not played bigger roles than Guendouzi or Saka play here.

There is nothing wrong with things happening by chance. Without Sylvinho having passport problems, Cole may never have had a career here. Without an injury to our full backs, Saka may never have put himself on the map the way he has.

Can you explain to me why Martinelli isn't get the opportunity if it's just a case of being good enough?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Zero context applied. Let's have it right, Abraham got his chance because Morata is at Atletico and Chelsea had a transfer ban. He fitted the profile of player that Lampard likes. Lampard probably would have sold Giroud and bought a replacement if he were able to. Abraham was gifted the opportunity and took it with both hands.

Are you forgetting the rough ride that Abraham had at the start of the season or tactically ignoring it? Most managers would have dropped him. Fair play to player and manager for working through it.

Mount is Lampard's boy from Derby. I'm not sure why you've included Pulisic and Pedro as competitors when Pulisic has largely played wide and Pedro is a winger. Again fair play to Mount he's taken his chance. Expect him to be benched next season when Chelsea can buy again.

James and Tomori have not played bigger roles than Guendouzi or Saka play here.

There is nothing wrong with things happening by chance. Without Sylvinho having passport problems, Cole may never have had a career here. Without an injury to our full backs, Saka may never have put himself on the map the way he has.

Can you explain to me why Martinelli isn't get the opportunity if it's just a case of being good enough?

Most managers would drop a player that scored 7 goals in his first 5 PL games. What rough start are you talking about in regards to Abraham. He had a flying start?

Go and look again at Chelsea's opening 5-6 games. Where did Mason Mount play predominantly?

Il do your homework for you. He often played as part of a front 3 for example games against Norwich and Sheffield United the midfield had Kovacic/Barkely/Jorginho with Mount and Pulisic either side of Abraham. At this stage Willian was on the bench. Willian came into the team and sometimes Mount played central when Barkley was dropped but he didnt always play centrally.

Often Mount drifted inwards as the full backs pushed on. But his starting position wasnt that as a central midfielder.

Reece James and Tomori have 33 appearances between them this season. Saka and Guendouzi 41. So while our players have played more Chelsea's players have contributed to them being 8 points ahead of us. We have a game in hand against Man city. So they will stay 8 points ahead if and when this season ever starts again.

Martinelli isnt starting because he isnt good enough yet to warrant a place in the first team. Why? Because our manager has decided that he isnt. Do you honestly believe if Martinelli was playing better than Laca/Pepe in training he wouldnt be playing?

truth_hurts

A. Most managers would drop a player that scored 7 goals in his first 5 PL games. What rough start are you talking about in regards to Abraham. He had a flying start?

Go and look again at Chelsea's opening 5-6 games. Where did Mason Mount play predominantly?

B. Il do your homework for you. He often played as part of a front 3 for example games against Norwich and Sheffield United the midfield had Kovacic/Barkely/Jorginho with Mount and Pulisic either side of Abraham. At this stage Willian was on the bench. Willian came into the team and sometimes Mount played central when Barkley was dropped but he didnt always play centrally.

Often Mount drifted inwards as the full backs pushed on. But his starting position wasnt that as a central midfielder.

C. Reece James and Tomori have 33 appearances between them this season. Saka and Guendouzi 41. So while our players have played more Chelsea's players have contributed to them being 8 points ahead of us. We have a game in hand against Man city. So they will stay 8 points ahead if and when this season ever starts again.

D. Martinelli isnt starting because he isnt good enough yet to warrant a place in the first team. Why? Because our manager has decided that he isnt. Do you honestly believe if Martinelli was playing better than Laca/Pepe in training he wouldnt be playing?

A. Again, very short-sighted view which probably purposefully omits context. Tammy didn't score in his first two Premier League games. New manager Lampard was under a lot of pressure after 1 point in his first 180 minutes as a Premier League manager. It was brave of Lampard not to drop Abraham at this stage. FACT.

B. Please don't research for me please especially with the inaccuracies that you have displayed so far. You could be right, but no way am I taking your assertion that Mount has been utilised wide out of anything other than circumstance. he played CAM for Derby and has for Chelsea the few times that I have watched them this season. I am prepared to be wrong on this, but it will be very interesting to see how much he plays wide next season ahead of Pulisic, Odoi, Ziyech and any other signings. I'm going to assert now - he will be benched. So much for youngsters getting a chance if they are erm 'Good enough'. Time will tell I suppose.

C. This is silly and you are better than this. But for clarity, Chelsea are ahead of us because their young stars have played less? Yet, you're suggesting we play our young players more? Or are you saying that if they played their youngster less they would have more or less points? I'm confused. I'm just asking for clarity. I could have misread you... Also, 'IFs' are always dangerous.

D. I have no idea why Martinelli isn't playing, but he is scoring more than Laca and Pepe. This is the manager who suggested that Pepe isn't training his hardest and has dropped Laca quite a lot, so I'm not sure these are your best two examples. I really do not know, but the way Martinelli plays and his rise in the ranks - it would be difficult to imagine that he doesn't train well.

My tone often reads as sarcastic. Sorry if that is the case as it isn't the intent. I'm just arguing that Chelsea are a shining example of developing young talent.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
A. Again, very short-sighted view which probably purposefully omits context. Tammy didn't score in his first two Premier League games. New manager Lampard was under a lot of pressure after 1 point in his first 180 minutes as a Premier League manager. It was brave of Lampard not to drop Abraham at this stage. FACT.

B. Please don't research for me please especially with the inaccuracies that you have displayed so far. You could be right, but no way am I taking your assertion that Mount has been utilised wide out of anything other than circumstance. he played CAM for Derby and has for Chelsea the few times that I have watched them this season. I am prepared to be wrong on this, but it will be very interesting to see how much he plays wide next season ahead of Pulisic, Odoi, Ziyech and any other signings. I'm going to assert now - he will be benched. So much for youngsters getting a chance if they are erm 'Good enough'. Time will tell I suppose.

C. This is silly and you are better than this. But for clarity, Chelsea are ahead of us because their young stars have played less? Yet, you're suggesting we play our young players more? Or are you saying that if they played their youngster less they would have more or less points? I'm confused. I'm just asking for clarity. I could have misread you... Also, 'IFs' are always dangerous.

D. I have no idea why Martinelli isn't playing, but he is scoring more than Laca and Pepe. This is the manager who suggested that Pepe isn't training his hardest and has dropped Laca quite a lot, so I'm not sure these are your best two examples. I really do not know, but the way Martinelli plays and his rise in the ranks - it would be difficult to imagine that he doesn't train well.

My tone often reads as sarcastic. Sorry if that is the case as it isn't the intent. I'm just arguing that Chelsea are a shining example of developing young talent.

2 games is hardly much of a start. Wise up. Tammy was flying at the start of the season.

Mason Mount isnt a winger. But go back and watch some of his games this season where he has started on either side of Abraham but often drifts inside. He didnt play number 10 or number 8 centre of the park every game. Some games yes. Every game no. Hence why Willian was on the bench. Not Kovacic because Mount was occupying Willians place in the team.

I dont exactly get your point about Chelsea as my whole argument ages ago was that our young players are not particularly shining at the moment. I said Chelsea's young players where doing well.

Martinelli isn't starting because Arteta who is paid to pick his best 11 has decided that he isnt one of the best 11 players for the team. It's simple. He clearly isnt demonstrating he is good enough to start.

truth_hurts

2 games is hardly much of a start. Wise up. Tammy was flying at the start of the season.

Mason Mount isnt a winger. But go back and watch some of his games this season where he has started on either side of Abraham but often drifts inside. He didnt play number 10 or number 8 centre of the park every game. Some games yes. Every game no. Hence why Willian was on the bench. Not Kovacic because Mount was occupying Willians place in the team.

I dont exactly get your point about Chelsea as my whole argument ages ago was that our young players are not particularly shining at the moment. I said Chelsea's young players where doing well.

Martinelli isn't starting because Arteta who is paid to pick his best 11 has decided that he isnt one of the best 11 players for the team. It's simple. He clearly isnt demonstrating he is good enough to start.

This back and forth is fun. Honest Henry14 it is being done out of respect, I like the way you actually respond to points that have been made.

My point with Abraham is that Lampard starting him for the third game in a row, after no wins in his first two games was seriously brave and could have been catastrophic. We can't ignore this happened because it doesn't fit the narrative. I would say Arteta has been similarly brave with Nketiah in starting him ahead of Lacazette.

I will not be going back to watch Chelsea games, my argument is that I don't particularly seem him as ahead of Pulisic in the pecking order and Pedro and Willian look like leaving. Let's see how many opportunities Mount gets next season. I agree he isn't a winger, but yes he can play there.

My point regarding Chelsea's youngsters is that they were granted an opportunity out of necessity. Early in the season, a lot of our best performances came in Europe under Emery and included the youngsters. Even that 5-5 at Anfield was led by the youngsters. I actually feel like our youngsters have been our best players and that is wrong. Our young players have outperformed our so called experience.

At Chelsea, the only youngster to really have an impact is Abraham. Mount and James have looked good for them like Saka and AMN have looked good for us - in patches.

I actually think our youngsters are on a par with Chelsea.

As a question, how much do you rate the following as players who could have an impact next season - Salibah, Saka, Maitland Niles, Guendouzi, Willock, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Nketiah, Nelson, Martinelli?

Yes I put Saka twice!

Tom349

The above video is exactly why I don't want Fraser, essentially 11 minutes of floated crosses into the box which to his credit he is good at. But who would he be aiming for in this Arsenal team, no one who would be able to get there head to the ball against two centre backs. Somewhat ironically Aubamayeng has been scoring more headed goals lately due to playing in Frasers position (LW) where he can come in late and beat the opposing right back.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The weird thing is, we'd essentially only be signing an LW if Auba was to leave because Arteta seems to be reluctant to use him at CF as he wants a different profile there. Now imagine us replacing Auba with Ryan Fraser. It's something that just doesn't make sense. In fact as critical as I am of our recruitment I honestly don't think we're interested at all. Maybe as a stretch as a squad option. But Martinelli offers more even at this stage, we've got Nelson, Saka might go back to being a winger if Tierney can stay fit. Pepe on the other flank. That's potentially 5 wide options for 2 positions, do we really need 6? Add to that we've already got Lacazette and Nketiah as our current CF options, if we sell Lacazette surely it'd be a CF we'd be after to replace him or at the very least a goal-scorer. Something which Fraser most certainly isn't. He's a good mid-table transition player, that's it. He just lacks serious quality, I think the links are lazy ones purely because he was linked when Emery was here, maybe his agent is trying to drum up interest in him, try to get him offered a better deal by his next club or whatever. No matter what way I look at it, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

IF, and it's a big IF, we're going for a stop gap wide option while our youngsters have time to develop, I'd much rather it'd be Willian. At least he has some serious quality even if he's lost that burst of pace he used to have. His technical qualities are far more suited to what Arteta wants. But I don't really see it as a necessity, again unless Auba leaves but in that case the idea of replacing Auba with Willian or Fraser just seem incredible. Neither offer even a fraction of the goals Auba offers.

truth_hurts

Our squad lacks a direct ball carrier. Saka is probably the closest that we have to that.

I keep doing that lazy Pep and Arteta comparison, but I feel Arteta will want direct players who hold the width.

Replacing Auba with Fraser would be suicidal! But adding Fraser as a wide option to allow us to utilise Auba centrally could make sense.

I don't actually think we'll sign Fraser.

Corbulo

Throw Fraser on the left wing. The cylindrical container can go in the mix with the likes of Nelson and senhor Martinelli. I don't think it's any harm to have an older more experienced player in with the mix with the virgins we have.

I suspect we could push one or two of them into the middle too if we want to keep playing with an AM. Anyway it's clear we've been after the professional Scottish drinker for a while so hopefully the club have a solid plan for him.

truth_hurts

which makes him average, not great

I'm not the Mourinho defence league, but in his supposed failure at United, he finished 2nd and won a European trophy. This was failure!

At his best he's winning trebles and Champions Leagues with different clubs.

He's great.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I'm not the Mourinho defence league, but in his supposed failure at United, he finished 2nd and won a European trophy. This was failure!

At his best he's winning trebles and Champions Leagues with different clubs.

He's great.

He was great. and then turned ****. makes him average

truth_hurts

----------------Ndombele---LoCelso------------
--Moura-----------Alli------------Son--------
--------------------Kane-----------------------

Dier, Winks, Sissokho, Bergwin, Fraser in reserve.

I'd still take him here, but the more I think about it, the less likely it is Arteta wants him.

Top Bottom