Ryan Garry

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by sabret00the, Sep 2, 2004.

1. sabret00the

sabret00the New Member Trusted

why didn't we promote him to the first team, i hear he's a solid right back and better than Lauren.

2. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

better than lauren? Arsène should be sacked for not playing him

3. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah New Member Elite

I think he's a left back. Or centre. And even if he was right back, Justin's ahead of him, it seems.

4. Anders Limpar

Anders Limpar New Member

He's a leftie...

5. huyha123

huyha123 New Member

poor him. i see he got no chances play on the left. maybe in carling cup?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HES A LEFT BACK.
    People have been saying hes a right back for months now, NO hes a left back, he is third choice behind cole and clichy. Unfortunately our left side never seems to get injuries (touch wood). Hes good, but wont make it for us.

7. Jinn

Jinn New Member Elite

I think he's also played some games in central defence.

But he doesn't even play in Lauren's position, let alone being better than him. Sheesh.

8. Sol man

Sol man New Member

i heard he has injury problems. does anyone know if this is true

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He has or had shin splints, which I hear is a very nasty injury and one that takes a while to recover from.

He was on the fringes of the first team a couple of years back, starting against Southampton and then on the bench against Sunderland, which showed AW thought highly of him.

But then injuries struck, and I think his career has taken a step backwards.

Its a shame becasue he had every thing to be a great player.

I think he will do a great job for a first div team, I think he is in the same class as players like Svard, Voltz, Sidwell, Bothroyd etc. Good, but not good enough.

10. Jose_Reyes_2005

Jose_Reyes_2005 New Member Trusted

Yea ryan garry is a left back who can also play in central defence.

Strange thing is that on championship manager he's a right back, and most people seem to think he's a right back. :?

11. r_blair2

r_blair2 New Member

KArbassiyoon seems to be behind clichy

12. kin4ever

kin4ever New Member

He was gonna make it before Toure! But unluckily, he had a nasty injury! :|

13. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

Shin splints are terrible in some cases, and sometimes its a recurring injury . I just hope Ryan recovers fully and gets back to playing.. he played a few games at LB for us and also played a lot as CB in the reserves/youth teams.
    I thought he woould be one to make it into our senior squad but , Like Ryan Smith , jut got injured at the wrong time.
    One thing for sure.. he isnt a RB.

14. Canuck

Canuck New Member Elite

I've had Shin splints and it can be really painful, hurts to walk! Now if this kid is...
    then don't you think that AW would have him in the 1st team already?

Sounds like this kid is a promising Defender and if he manages to recover from injury I'm sure he'll get a chance sooner or later.

15. nnaife

nnaife New Member

Is Karbassiyoon likely to make the grade or are we looking at yet another player making up youth team numbers?

Come to think of it which of our present crop of youth players will make the first team. Cesc was an exceptional talent destined for the first team but where does that leave the Karbassiyoons, Garrys, Quinceys and ryan smiths?

Has wenger already yielded what he can from this bunch or are there more potential gems within the ranks of the youth team ready to make a significant impact on the first team?

16. Adam

Adam New Member Elite

17. Loylz

Loylz Moderator Moderator

And how would you know that?