• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sébastien Frey

Status
Not open for further replies.

johe

JazzG said:
Lehmann is 34, we need to look at younger keeper who we can keep for at least 5 or 6 years, that isn't the case with Jens.

I hear Cech and Frey are both better than Jens.

To sign a new goalkeeper in the summer next year (or this) and loaning him back to his previous club to get first team football wouldn't be such a bad idea, because then we can use Lehmann while he's still at his best, then bring back the new goalkeeper in time for the next season.

AFCG7

Established Member
Frey is a good keeper though.. we wont sign him..unless he comes ridiculously cheap!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I'll be amazed if there is any substance in this story. I think Frey's dreaming when he says 'Wenger's waiting for me'. We don't need a goalkeeper for a couple of years. Lehmann's doing ok and Wenger hasn't got enough money to sign a striker and goalkeeper. Anyway Frey wouldn't be the answer coz if anything he's more error prone then Lehmann!

PolishGooner

We wont buy him:

1. Wenger said we wouldnt buy in january
2. He is not worth 10M, maybe 10 euro
3. Chelsea can afford him

In the article, frey did say he would go to the side who paid more up front, i guess that means who pays the best transfer fee. which probably means chelsea will beat us on that front.

also, if wenger said we wouldnt buy in january, then that could mean that we will. aw is very mysterious regarding transfers. surprisingly, he was very open about the amout of money he has in his kitty (20 mil).

either way, i would like to see him bought and loaned back. next year, lehmann will be 35 and we dont want another seaman happening and an opportunity like this might not come around again any time soon.

frey did say he would go to the side who paid more up front

that most likely means that he wants to get parma the most money that he can. if im right, it shows his loyalty, which is very uncommon these days.

jc8gooner

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought he would go to the club that gave him the most money up front. In that case, he's not really greedy, just quite loyal and considerate as you say.

-SAVIOLA-

Frey is very good and 9 years younger than Jens. I would be happy if we got him but, unless he is willing to sit on the bench from time to time, it's not worth it. Maybe a deal at the end of the season seeing that he has already stated that he wants to finish his season at Parma.

pv_ice

Jens Lehmann is good enough for Arsenal, i don't think Arsenal need another keeper (Frey) or others...
Lehmann is consistent and better than Seaman(at least)...
Wenger knew that and we not playing Championship Manager or Total Club Manager... THis is Real Soccer~!!!" :p
So i will stick with Lehmann

Sammer

Established Member
Agreed.

Lehmann will play at least until 2005, if not 2006.

No need to spend money on a keeper now - $$$ would be better invested in another striker or defender.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
This same story has popped up in today's Daily Star. With Chelsea on the verge of completing a deal to bring Cech to Stamford Bridge in the summer, that allegedly leaves us as the only option for frey unless Chelsea want 3 top keepers, which would be utterly ridiculous. I think Frey should sign for Bayern Munich. They have followed him closely and it would be a good move for him.

Sammer

Established Member
GooneGurjit,

any source on Bayern following Frey closely?

I doubt that they will get rid of Oliver Kahn at this point...

Pat's missing Gerbil

Arsène as already sarcastically dismissed this one. He said that he has never spoken to this guy and went to add that he would never be off his phone if every footballer that claims to be moving to arsenal phoned him.

maybe they chatted in the summer before Jens signed but we dont need him now

Adam

Established Member
Speaking to another keeper would be damaging for Jen's at this time. Let him be safe in the knowledge that he is number one for the foreseeable future.

Feis-al

Actually, This idiot who claims we need him badly is just advertising himself, le Boss says he has never talked to him and I believe the boss. I even wouldn't want us to sign him since he thinks so much of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom