• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sébastien Frey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If you believe Frey is coming maybe you will believe Im going to play for the ladies team :)

Weakerthan

GoonerGurjit said:
No chance. I don't think he's good enough for Arsenal.

I reckon he is. It's extremely odd that he isn't France's Number 1, ahead of Barthez and Coupet, but caps don't mean much, jsut look at Makaay.

While I applaud the player's abilities, he doesn't seem to have any desire to go to Arsenal rather then for the money. A week ago, when he was being linked with us and Chelsea, he was quoted as saying (paraphrasing) 'I'll go to the club that offers the most, especially up front'. Dedication or what? Anyway, Wenger rubbished the talks that he had ever talked to Frey's agent. I don't know if that's a similar ploy to what he uses in other transfers, to keep media interest down or what, but something tells me it isn't. Add to that the fact that Lehmann has done little wrong since his arrival to Highbury and we have the ebst defensive record in the EPL, I don't think he'll be coming (despite Parma being majorly screwed, and becoming a bargain bin of sorts).

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I think Frey's dreaming if he thinks that Arsenal want to sign him. I think the goalkeeping position is a slight weakness for France. I don't think Coupet, Landreau, Rame, Frey, Penneteau or Barthez are world-class.

PolishGooner

Pat's missing Gerbil said:
Arsène as already sarcastically dismissed this one.

Never believe wenger! He said: no transfer in january! and he said: we wont buy reyes (it was the only official statement denying a transfer rumour)

Anyway, who needs frey? I`m better than him (and i`m much more cheaper too)

JazzG

Established Member
He actually said in December about Reyes

"Somebody said we offered £21 million," he commented, "we are only at the beginning of December, it is not Christmas yet.

"I know of him but we are not after anybody at the moment."

He doesn't say we won't go for him now does he ;)

Alexone234

I remember in the summer Amorouso (sp?) said both us and manure wanted him. In truth he just wanted to seem interesting to other English clubs

lewdikris

Established Member
This has come up again and again - although the last time Frey said he'd spoken to Wenger personally, Le Boss flat out denied it.

Well, he would be cheap-ish, given Parma's financial situation, but beyond that i'll reserve judgement.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Frey was adamant that wenger had spoken to him, whilst wenger was adamant to the opposite. with the secrecy with which wenger likes to deal with transfers, i'm inclined to believe frey. although i dont think wenger would look to kindly at frey making public their discussion. however, i'm happy that it seems wenger is actively searching for a new keeper.

benfica

no we dont want frey. we complain about lehmans clumsiness, well frey is the same if not worse. good shot stopper, rubish at everything else.

i personally would prefer pelizzoli (roma keeper) or Robinson (best english keeper around, concedes goals cos he has no defence)

MightyArsenal

We need a top class goalie who can be a shot stopper...the amount of times Ive seen lehman or seaman let in an easy shot that was in there reach was far too numerous. Also lehman is a liability as every team now knows how to ruffle him...

Whats worse is he gives off a bad image of arsenal, hes always arguing over small things.

Xanshin

benfica said:
no we dont want frey. we complain about lehmans clumsiness, well frey is the same if not worse. good shot stopper, rubish at everything else.

i personally would prefer pelizzoli (roma keeper) or Robinson (best english keeper around, concedes goals cos he has no defence)

How many Frey games have you watched? He's no where near as clumsy or wreckless as Lehmann. He's young, agile, a much better shot-stopper than Lehmann etc. He's an Italian-style goalkeeper, which means he's reasonably safe (like English goalies) but also agile and can do the spectacular.

He's quite a lot better than Pelizzoli at Roma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom