• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sébastien Frey

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianfrance

Established Member
Xanshin said:
benfica said:
no we dont want frey. we complain about lehmans clumsiness, well frey is the same if not worse. good shot stopper, rubish at everything else.

i personally would prefer pelizzoli (roma keeper) or Robinson (best english keeper around, concedes goals cos he has no defence)

How many Frey games have you watched? He's no where near as clumsy or wreckless as Lehmann. He's young, agile, a much better shot-stopper than Lehmann etc. He's an Italian-style goalkeeper, which means he's reasonably safe (like English goalies) but also agile and can do the spectacular.

He's quite a lot better than Pelizzoli at Roma.
I agree with you 100%

A

Anonymous

Seems to make sense imo.

Lehmann is obviously a stop gap keeper due to his age.
The thinking may have been to buy a keeper in the prime of his career who is cheap and has experience ie Lehmann, which gives us one, possibly two years to let Frey develop and for us to see how he performs in more detail.

The Frey/Arsenal rumour has been going around for year, so there HAS to be some truth in it.

Not sure if he is the right choice imo, he can be world class one day, and crap the next.

Xanshin

But very rarely, and almost all when he was REALLY young.

If anything, it could improve Lehmann's performances, because if Frey gets there, Lehmann is not gonna want to be No.2 to him.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i find it interesting that we will have competition from Inter for his signature? BWAHAHAHA.. why would he want to go to Inter.. they are 6th in Serie A, not going to play European footie next year, and got spaked 5-1 by us... (and yes, im purposely leaving out our 3-0 loss to them)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I'm inclined to agree with Sol on this one. This Frey-to-Arsenal rumour has been around for over a year, so there's probably an element of truth in it. Everytime Frey talks about his future he always mentions Arsenal as well as a different club each time. Whether its Chelsea, Bayern, Manchester United or Inter.

Sammer

Established Member
I am not sure about Frey. Excelllent shot stopper, but I am not really sure, whether he suits the goalkeeping style that Arsène wants.

I´d prefer Hildebrandt or Coupet.

kNiteMare

USArsenal said:
i find it interesting that we will have competition from Inter for his signature? BWAHAHAHA.. why would he want to go to Inter.. they are 6th in Serie A, not going to play European footie next year, and got spaked 5-1 by us... (and yes, im purposely leaving out our 3-0 loss to them)

I know you expect someone to make a comment on it so i will make it. :wink:

You've just mentioned it. :roll: :roll:

seanconvey66

Dont want him. Ive watched him abit recentley and his reputation is aload of bollocks! Hes nowhere near as good as hes made out to be. If Barthez plays for France ahead of him he cant be that great!

KingReyes

Established Member
Does this mean we will let Jens go in the summer?? Or is this pure spculation? Frey is not bad I guess. Looks like he will be our long term goalkeeper if he joins.

Mark

Established Member
I'll agree with Sammer there, Hildebrand is better than Frey, but sadly we're not being linked with him.

I kind of wish we'd gone for Cech, but never mind.

tox

never seen this Cech, but I doubt Arsène would have been willing to pay 12 mil for him.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I agree about Hildebrandt but Sammer says he's been earmarked as Ollie Kahn's replacement at Bayern. Due to Parma's financial difficulties Frey is probably be available at a knockdown price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom