• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sébastien Frey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Established Member
These links with Frey do seem to be serious. Wenger hasn't commented on it yet which is interesting. I guess we won't know anything until the summer.

kNiteMare

GunnerForLife said:
"At this moment, the most credible solution is Arsenal who, for some time, want the French keeper due to problems with (Jens) Lehmann,"

problem with lehmann? what problem?

I dont see any problem myself... dunno what he is bluffing about.

KlurgsSporg

Lehman is a good keeper yes i agree but how many "GOOD" keepers help win the Champions/F.A cup none i think we do need Seba Frey becuase Jens has been really clumsy of late and is looking very shakey at the back and if Sol and Kolo have a bad match and Jens needs to make a few match deciding saves would you have a trust in him?? i wouldnt no way at all

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
This does seem like a good time to sign a quality long-term goalkeeper like Frey, especially because he'll probably be available at a knock-down price.

timberford

while i would like to see arsenal sign frey, he's obviously a very promising keeper.

i would definitely prefer robinson from leeds; purely because i don't think there's alot between the two (inlcuding transfer fees too) but robinson is english.

i think it's important that at least a few key positions in our team are filled by english players to keep the balance right. even more so at the back, cole, campbell and possibly hoyte and robinson could potentially form the bulk of the england national side's defence for a long time and this would definitely benefit arsenal in the long run.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
timberford said:
while i would like to see arsenal sign frey, he's obviously a very promising keeper.

i would definitely prefer robinson from leeds; purely because i don't think there's alot between the two (inlcuding transfer fees too) but robinson is english

There were reports in the tabloids last summer that Robinson had a trial at Arsenal and that Wenger wasn't exactly impressed. I think Robinson is a bit overweight personally. He's probably going to sign for Tottenham in the summer.

KlurgsSporg

yes it was reprted in january that Robinson had signed for Sp**s and goin to be let to stay on loan at leeds but this breaks FIFA rules so looks like he is set for a Sp**s deal, and Frey is a top class player and to win the Champs we need top class through and through

KingReyes

Established Member
I don't like Robinson that much.Canizares is too old therefore never solving the problem and I'm still unsure about Niemi. Maybe Frey would be a better option considering the price and age factor.

dsurg

Now that someone's mentioned I believe Niemi would be perfect for the Arsenal....that guy could become one of the best keepers in the world if he kept for us....Frey is a good keeper bags of promise...but we need someone who can step in today and do the busines today....not tomorrow and niemi is doing it week in week out for soton...think he is better than cudicini,friedel or howard....my vote for best keeper in the league but would never get it cos he plays for soton

A

Anonymous

i rather have the chelsea's 4th goalie. i can't remember his name

Soler

Established Member
He's the third keeper: Carlo Cudiccini, Neil Sullivan ( :lol: ), Marco Ambrosio, Jurgen Macho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom