• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Saúl Ñíguez

Aevi

Hale End FC
saul-niguez.jpg

Rumor
http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/21/saul-niguez-had-bags-packed-for-arsenal-transfer-report-5577987/
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/1...ad-bags-packed-for-arsenal-move-this-january/
http://www.90min.com/posts/2810498-...sfer-to-arsenal-cancelled-due-to-tiago-injury

Seems like we were in for him, and still are, but complications have arisen due to an injury to Tiago. They need him to play while he is out, making Atletico want to keep a hold of him.

Details
Current Team- Atletico Madrid
Nationality- Spanish
Position- CDM
Age- 21 (Birthday 21 November 1994)
Height- 1.83m
Weight- 70 kg

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Good post!

He's definitely interesting and you just know Wenger is keeping a eye on anyone dubbed the new Xavi.

Still feels unlikely to me (at least in January), but this season is a never-ending surprise so who knows, who nose.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
they have kranevitter coming and Parth Demanding game time, so this can make sense.
Never Watched Ñiguez, how good is he???

Aevi

Hale End FC
they have kranevitter coming and Parth Demanding game time, so this can make sense.
Never Watched Ñiguez, how good is he???
I don't know exactly how to rate him, as people have different scales, but see for yourself with a touches video like this one (He is #17 + watch it on YouTube, it isn't blocked there):

It's the best way to analyze a player besides watching a whole match of them. All you really miss is his off-the-ball movement.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Out of left-field this one!

Looks good for Athletico but wouldn't expect him to leave, especially since Tiago broke his leg - but he'd be a good signing IMO.

Taxi Driver

Exactly who we need I reckon for our title push. We need a reliable midfielder and he's one that could explode.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I read that Atletico apparently might be signing Matias Kranevitter (A defensive midfielder) and possibly Augusta Fernandez from Celta (a CM) so this could have legs for January. Possibly.......

Aevi

Hale End FC
Metro, caught offiside and 90 min? lol come on man.. give us some hope!!
What @Sanchez11 said. I just didn't remember the source so I took the first ones I found for the page.

I really think this is happening, there are actual signs of this occurring besides "speculation".

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Oh right fair enough, i'm kind of destroyed over that summer now lol Only solid BBC, Guardian etc links can get me aboard the transfer rumour train!

Last edited:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Probably Athletico have said yes then tiago gets injured. Athletico tell arsenal they have to pull out, Arsenal go back and say get someone else in and we will make you a good offer for the lad. Hopefully.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
What @Sanchez11 said. I just didn't remember the source so I took the first ones I found for the page.

I really think this is happening, there are actual signs of this occurring besides "speculation".

The semi reliable origin of the source stated it was agreed and then Atletico chanegd their mind after Tiago got injured. Won't happen now and if it does it'll be in the summer.

gunnergoa

the question is an he do it on a cold wet Saturday in Stoke? That ****-hole is apparently the benchmark for survival in England as a player.World has moved on but ****s like Savages and Shearer still endorses the Neanderthal style of football.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How has this joke not been made yet? I've just spent 15 minutes on photoshop doing what someone else should've already done. Poor form.

When you need a DM...
CW6iv8lWAAAXejf.jpg
Don't want to get sucked in mate. I hate when the forum all agree on a player being quality and the right fit for us than before you know it the rumour just dies and we end up signing no one or a nobody.

The whole Rabiot on loan fiasco has already killed me a little, it's the hope that kills. :(

Drebin

Apparently Atletico signed Augusto from Celta Vigo. So there might be a chance to sign Saul now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Rex Banner does signing this Kranevitter guy make Saul surplus to requirements?

Kranevitter has been in the pipeline since
@Rex Banner does signing this Kranevitter guy make Saul surplus to requirements?

No they're different players, Kranevitter is the long term replacement for Gabi I'd say and is much more in a disruptive, defensive mould.

Also the two deals have little to do with each other. We bought Kranevitter in the summer and loaned him back, it's doubtful he'll see much first team football this year. Especially when we're fighting with good chances on all fronts.

Augusto is a direct cheap cover for Tiago but again it probably isn't much to do with Saul. Saul was still playing when Tiago did, the problem has and will be the system that Simeone uses. Hurting the development of Koke, Saul and Oliver who should be the heart of our midfield rather than 2 past it cloggers.

Right now Saul and Oliver are competing for game time and Oliver is a far better prospect so Saul will be available.

Still hope and pray we get him.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom