• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Salute to the fans

Are we in with a shout in he Champions League?

• Yessss go you Gooner heros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let's wait until Inter

• No, I would rather sulk and complain

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Did the fireworks above Highbury add to the feeling of suspension or what? Bloody hell I was expecting a huge one to land and score us a goal.

Our fans were excellent. They all sang their hearts out even when things were bad, that is more like it. Bit of the Newcastle spirit. Everyone turned up knowing we had to support them to the end and it worked a treat.

There was a time (about 15 mins left) when the singing stopped and we all looked at our feet thinking "not again, ... bloody hell" and then a bloke about 10 seats away (in the clock end) sang .... (to the tune of "ay yay yippe")

"You can stick your chicken Kiev up your arse
You can stick your chicken Kiev up your arse
You can stick your chicken Kiev, Stick your chicken Kiev
You can stick your chicken Kiev up your arse"

Talk about relief, absolute brilliant timing we all relaxed and sang our hearts out again until we all screamed to the gods, when Ash scored what must be one of the most important goals Arsenal have ever needed. (so it seemed at the time).

I must admit the kiev fans sang all the way through, quite a good bunch ... but we only needed a drum and a kazoo and we would have been louder than the fireworks outside the ground.

Thanks to Ash for saving our dreams. Thanks to the fans for helping him.

jc8gooner

Wish i was there. But earnt £20 while babysitting and watching the match and am going to the Sp**s game on Saturday anyway.

thegame24

Established Member
i thought the fans were a disgrace in the first half, fair enough in the second its hard to cheer cause your so nervous, but the first was a disgrace. it took freddie ljungberg to try and pump up the crowd and it lasted all 5 mins.

maybe were u were in the small section that was chanting but on telle highbury was a library.

thegame24

Established Member
not when freddie ljungberg is angrily trying to urge the crowd to cheer.

also all u could hear was fireworks if everyone had been chanting, as they should have, then we wouldnt hav to listen to those anoying fireworks.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
thegame24 said:
i thought the fans were a disgrace in the first half, fair enough in the second its hard to cheer cause your so nervous, but the first was a disgrace. it took freddie ljungberg to try and pump up the crowd and it lasted all 5 mins.

maybe were u were in the small section that was chanting but on telle highbury was a library.

Yeah the library, we call the 'clock end' the 'book end' when its like that.

Not around us though, everyone went for it. Another old boy shouted " I know we are in the opposition end, but let's cheers our boys on" and got the old Arsenal chant going, maybe I was lucky, or actually instigating a little also, but it was great where we were.

Anyway the "one nil to the Arsenal" sounded all around the stadium at least once Ash knocked it in with his bonce.

Rupert

I was west lower and it was great, more people than I expected were sitting, I was front row so I could hear the voices from behind and above me. I love the way it takes a couple of seconds for the noise to travel from North to west and then we start 2 seconds out of time singing the song the north bank is singing, its like a 3 part round all around the stadium! :D Was so great, the last few minutes after Ash scored were superb. Don't have ticks to spuds match, next one im going to is Fulham :(

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Rupert said:
I was west lower and it was great, more people than I expected were sitting, I was front row so I could hear the voices from behind and above me. I love the way it takes a couple of seconds for the noise to travel from North to west and then we start 2 seconds out of time singing the song the north bank is singing, its like a 3 part round all around the stadium! :D Was so great, the last few minutes after Ash scored were superb. Don't have ticks to spuds match, next one im going to is Fulham :(

Well that's good to hear. I knew it was all around the stadium not just the clock end. I say there was a hell of a lot of singing going on. Do not forget that the mikes for the TV are next to the opposition fans.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I had one of those old geezers next to me sscreaming his head off the in the Upper East (rare I know).

You know the type; dentures grubby scarf and smelling of Vicks...

Kept telling me about how he was at the "Busby Babes" game and exactly where he was sat.

It was like being back in 1970 something...

Yeah yeah.. U are all WERY LUCKY!!!! while im stuck in rainy Bergen you all can enjoy Arsenal playing beutiful soccer!! Im going to see one match in february though.. its gonna be great! :D

Webdesignlab

Established Member
NorwegianFan said:
Yeah yeah.. U are all WERY LUCKY!!!! while im stuck in rainy Bergen you all can enjoy Arsenal playing beutiful soccer!! Im going to see one match in february though.. its gonna be great! :D

Who is it against?

I'm sure you will love it.

beaney

well its nice to see that we are still behind the team!!! :mrgreen:

we can make it to the 2nd stage!!! ;D

COME ON YOU GOOOONNNNEEERRRS!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom