• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sam Johnstone

Jack badmon

Better than Ramsdale that’s the only positive I can think of. I wish both men great success in their future careers though whether they join our club or not.

Malky

Established Member
If it's between Johnstone and Ramsdale then it's a pretty easy choice when Johnstone is the better keeper and cheaper. Only thing Ramsdale has in his favour is he's younger.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If it's between Johnstone and Ramsdale then it's a pretty easy choice when Johnstone is the better keeper and cheaper. Only thing Ramsdale has in his favour is he's younger.
He has 1 year left on his deal and third choice for England. I really doubt he would come here as second choice. He will see out his deal with West Brom

Malky

Established Member
He has 1 year left on his deal and third choice for England. I really doubt he would come here as second choice. He will see out his deal with West Brom
What's to say he wouldn't fancy his chances of benching Leno?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I like Johnstone so this would be fine. Definitely means that Leno isn't going anywhere for the time being though. Bit annoyed that Onana probably isn't happening now but it's not the worst news.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What's to say he wouldn't fancy his chances of benching Leno?
It’s rare a keeper is brought in as second choice and take the first spot. Specially in first season. Most keepers don’t think outfield players and know once you go in with a keeper as first choice in a season it’s rare they lose their place. Same reason why Martinez left when he was told he won’t be first choice

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Haven't watched this dude, is he any good with his feet? In any case, he's not Ramsdale which is a plus.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Not gonna comment on their relative quality as keepers, but I'm not sure £12m for a 28 yr old is particularly better value than £18-20m for a 23 year old. One of them has value at the end of the contract, whilst the other doesn't.

Tom Mix

So funny reading old threads where the brainless were yapping on about using the Martinez money for other signings. Here we are boys, costing more money to replace Martinez with inferior keepers than what we got. Fantastic transfer business for patsies.

Gn1212

Not gonna comment on their relative quality as keepers, but I'm not sure £12m for a 28 yr old is particularly better value than £18-20m for a 23 year old. One of them has value at the end of the contract, whilst the other doesn't.
Agreed. I didn't mind the idea of getting a younger goalie in. Having said that I'm not sure Ramsdale will cost 18-20m. Probably closer to 25m or even more if Sheffield decide to give us tough time.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Come into the Jonhstone thread to see this? Mods?

Why do people have to do this? There's no need for it, stop bringing up **** from the past every time we are linked to man. It's poor form.

Straight snitch.

200w.gif

Had enough of @HairSprayGooners ffs

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom