• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sambi Lokonga (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Guendouzi was more accomplished and exciting and we got nothing for him. Don't have much hope for this one.
We at least made a small profit I think on Douzi? He had energy I think Sambi is more accomplished on the ball.
A combination of the two would be nice.
I think we are defo taking a loss on Sambi.
Just how much.
Hopefully he doesn't walk on a free after another 2 seasons of loans.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Wasn't that great at Luton. Also only appeared in about half their matches. If he goes to Seville and does a job his value will go up.
His value may increase to the Spanish market but ngl unless he looks super impressive they are not gonna offer big money with 12 months left on his contract.

Pepesuave

During the season, I listen to the BBC Monday Night Club podcast religiously here in the States. Andros Townsend made a few guest appearances...he referred to Lokonga as "arguably Luton's best player this season" and partially attributed their late season collapse to his injury absence.
Sambi had a very successful loan - this is the best window to sell him. No ****ing loan unless it is a massively wet one with an iron clad obligation at the end.

Gn1212

ITK Police 👮
During the season, I listen to the BBC Monday Night Club podcast religiously here in the States. Andros Townsend made a few guest appearances...he referred to Lokonga as "arguably Luton's best player this season" and partially attributed their late season collapse to his injury absence.
Sambi had a very successful loan - this is the best window to sell him. No ****ing loan unless it is a massively wet one with an iron clad obligation at the end.
At the end of the day, we don't decide what offers we receive and even when we do receive an offer we like, the player has to agree to it too.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He can do a job in the PL. we seen that. Keep him and use him

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I like his talent on the ball, always have.

Just off the ball and defensively he was a massive liability for us. Have these aspects improved?

His value may increase to the Spanish market but ngl unless he looks super impressive they are not gonna offer big money with 12 months left on his contract.
Not expecting big money no matter what. Just responding to those moaning about him being loaned out again. He was mediocre and unavailable at Luton so loaning again is the best of the bad options.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not expecting big money no matter what. Just responding to those moaning about him being loaned out again. He was mediocre and unavailable at Luton so loaning again is the best of the bad options.
He wasn’t mediocre, he grew into the season and became a key player. Was unfortunate with injuries. I think it was a sign of life for Lokonga, only issue is the 2 years left on his deal. Having 3 years would have been ideal because we could have loaned him and still kept maximum value on him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I like his talent on the ball, always have.

Just off the ball and defensively he was a massive liability for us. Have these aspects improved?
Yes they have and people who want him gone are clueless. Currently we have 3 midfielders who are likely to stay

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We need to generate some money from sales. We can't just keep loaning all our surplus players till their contracts run out.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Sell this guy, debate done.
Except Edu negotiates like he's playing Fifa manager mode. He caves every time some squad player demands 100k/wk and can't convince other teams of players' qualities. Every Italian club probably has his portrait as a dart board in their offices.

El Realista

Except Edu negotiates like he's playing Fifa manager mode. He caves every time some squad player demands 100k/wk and can't convince other teams of players' qualities. Every Italian club probably has his portrait as a dart board in their offices.
It's not the first time I have thought Edu and Arteta really are playing FM... They way they find players and what players is very FM. Even buying and selling is a nightmare just like in FM where you need to pay tons of money for some players and nobody wants to pay for your players and you need to sell for peanuts or release them.

SupersoakerArsene

Sell for the money we bought him, or a small win. No loss.
He had a good loan @ Luton when he was fit, but he doesn't have the energy & mentality for Arsenal/Arteta ball...

Sometimes he looks lazy as hell, just like that fat Belgian from Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, July 16

Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe from Fulham, who are now considering a second bid [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Marseille are keen to sign Eddie Nketiah as they look to replace the outgoing Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom