• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sambi Lokonga (Out-Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
That's true and if we getting Tielemans his game time will be limited but again the numbers in midfield is still short even if it's better quality. Don't get what the reason of extending Elneny
Because he has proven time and time again that he is a more than good enough backup midfielder, a fantastic professional a great example for kids and he loves the club.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
wouldn't sell for a loss but you have to think of other options in the market if a club offers our 15m back or more

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We bought him for €17.5 million. I generally don't want to give up on players after one year, but he hasn't been very promising last season. If we could loan or sell him and a modest profit to make space for Tielemans (or better yet, Tonali) that is worth it in my opinion. Make sure there is a sell-on fee and move on.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
As always with italian tabloid sources

giphy.gif

ajamaican

Player:Saka
Get our money back and do better.

He’s almost 23 and nothing close to the quality we need. Don’t have much hope in him unless he’s a late bloomer. No thanks. Need the help in the midfield now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta... "We have a young group of players, who I trust completely and want to help develop"

Immediately gives up on 2 players in their early 20s (that Mikel himself bought just a year ago) after a few acceptable difficulties in their first season in England.

That added to the mad money we are spending, it's a pretty funny looking "Youth Project" we have going on, ngl!

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'm not buying this one. Think he needs a loan personally, but we'll keep him around until January at least.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It is just desperation because people don't like Xhaka or Moh.
But the kid is not ready for PL football.
And that’s fine. There are grown men close to 30 who went to the PL and played much worse than what Sambi gave us last season. My annoyance stems from the the fact that we needed a readymade midfielder to compete with 5 and 34 and we shafted this kid.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Arteta... "We have a young group of players, who I trust completely and want to help develop"

Immediately gives up on 2 players in their early 20s (that Mikel himself bought just a year ago) after a few acceptable difficulties in their first season in England.

That added to the mad money we are spending, it's a pretty funny looking "Youth Project" we have going on, ngl!
I feel two ways about this. Arteta is developing youth that we know are PL standard. It’s the guys like Tavares and Lokonga where we question his commitment to youth development. Should he prioritise top 4 or youth development? Take two scenarios. Scenario A. Arteta completely trusts in Tavares and Lokonga but they make mistakes their first season but eventually develop into top players. Or scenario B. Arteta sends the above out on loan to Marseille and they come back better and ready to contribute to the first team. Which scenario is ideal and why?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I feel two ways about this. Arteta is developing youth that we know are PL standard. It’s the guys like Tavares and Lokonga where we question his commitment to youth development. Should he prioritise top 4 or youth development? Take two scenarios. Scenario A. Arteta completely trusts in Tavares and Lokonga but they make mistakes their first season but eventually develop into top players. Or scenario B. Arteta sends the above out on loan to Marseille and they come back better and ready to contribute to the first team. Which scenario is ideal and why?

Both players have the same issue in that they don't want to put some graft into defending. Tavares didn't want to engage brain to figure out that he needed to pick up his runner. With Lakonga he seems tackle and block averse. Both are big red flags in the FB and DM positions. It means Lakonga is probably okay as an 8 with an inverted fullback but we're more in need of a 6 and he'd have that role as back up if he was enthusiastic as closing the opposition down as Elneny is. That's not a particularly high threshhold to meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom