• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sambi Lokonga (Out-Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
No need to write him off, but the problem comes when the backups for Partey are both about the same level and not nearly same quality.

Sambi has the potential to be, but Elneny is likely trusted over him for most games for his known solid performances.

I think Sambi would need more game-time to develop well.
Hoping he develops over the next 12 months & then will be at a the required level. The lad definitely has potential.
Problem is people over hype & then write of young players far too soon. It was the same with Eddie most on here would have got rid of him last year yet he now looks like a promising CF who has really developed his allround game.

Last edited:

daron christie

We don't have enough numbers in the middle. And the quality...well the starters are flawed and can have 2/10 games at any time. They also cannot be trusted to stay fit and to not get sent off at any time. The back-ups are .,.Elneny, who is just a pointless player, and a guy who somehow managed to be worse then ****ing Elneny. So yeah, yhe middle of the pitch is by far our biggest weakness that for some reason Edu and Arteta have no intention of addressing. No doubt it will **** our season up

Sambi

Granit

Partey

ERS

Eleneny

Vieira

AMN

Zinchenko

Ben White

That’s 9..I think we have the numbers…like I said quality is a different topic

HomeSteak

Established Member
Sambi

Granit

Partey

ERS

Eleneny

Vieira

AMN

Zinchenko

Ben White

That’s 9..I think we have the numbers…like I said quality is a different topic
AMN is out, Ben White has never played there, will never play there. Vieira will probably not play there, also he has 0 minutes until now. ESR will not play there. Zinchenko yes. In reality we have Xhaka, Partey, Zinchenko, Elneny and Sambi. But I want Zinchenko at left back, and with Tierney missing 50% of every season, we will need him there, add Partey being injured 3-4 months per year...we do not have the numbers, and we do not have the quality

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
The main issue in midfield is that only partey and zinchenko have the required skillet for a top team, and are our only 6/8 who can progress with the ball, can resist a pressing, can break lines with forward passes.

Even though xhaka is having a good start of the season, his skillet is still limited. It's ok when partey plays next to him, but when paired with elneny we have 2 players who aren't very press resistant, who can't carry the ball forward, and who don't break lines enough with their passing.
As a result, Ødegaard Jesus have to drop really deep and a lot to go forward.

Coquelin worked so good with Cazorla because with the Spaniard, he just had to defend and play simple passes, and Santi was the one who was making things happen on the break.

Vieira might be this player. But i don't think it's reasonable to expect him to cope right away with the physicality and the speed of the league, at this position.
Also, if partey goes down, i don't think a midfield of xhaka/elneny + Vieira can be viable in the league.

Makavelii

The main issue in midfield is that only partey and zinchenko have the required skillet for a top team, and are our only 6/8 who can progress with the ball, can resist a pressing, can break lines with forward passes.

Even though xhaka is having a good start of the season, his skillet is still limited. It's ok when partey plays next to him, but when paired with elneny we have 2 players who aren't very press resistant, who can't carry the ball forward, and who don't break lines enough with their passing.
As a result, Ødegaard Jesus have to drop really deep and a lot to go forward.

Coquelin worked so good with Cazorla because with the Spaniard, he just had to defend and play simple passes, and Santi was the one who was making things happen on the break.

Vieira might be this player. But i don't think it's reasonable to expect him to cope right away with the physicality and the speed of the league, at this position.
Also, if partey goes down, i don't think a midfield of xhaka/elneny + Vieira can be viable in the league.
Saying Xhaka doesn't progress the ball. Hilarious.
One look at his stats on FBref show that this is complete BS.

Xhaka average passing progressive distance per game last season: 258 yards
Partey average passing progressive distance per game last season: 210 yards

Thanks for proving your bias so that we know to disregard all of your baseless bandwagon analysis.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Saying Xhaka doesn't progress the ball. Hilarious.
One look at his stats on FBref show that this is complete BS.

Xhaka average passing progressive distance per game last season: 258 yards
Partey average passing progressive distance per game last season: 210 yards

Thanks for proving your bias so that we know to disregard all of your baseless bandwagon analysis.

There's a lot of nonsense peddled by clueless thundercunts WRT Xhaka and imo it stifles debate around his actual weaknesses. Very frustrating.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Im pretty sure we'd open to sell for at least 15m if elneny wasn't injured and we secured the midfield signing. Can't see it happening now

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If we get a player in and let Sambi go for a moderate fee with a good sell on clause id be happy with that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Burnley are close to get Lokonga on loan according to the sun kinda reliable journalist.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Kompany been bugging up Lokonga as if he’s the next Toure or something.. why is he reluctant then of paying £15m rather than taking him on loan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom