• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Mikel Arteta said: “Albert is a very intelligent player who has shown great maturity in his performances during his development. He has been coached well by Vincent Kompany and his team at Anderlecht. I know Vincent very well and he talks so highly about Albert and the positive impact he had to Anderlecht in recent seasons. We’re confident Albert’s ready for the next stage in his development and we’re looking forward to welcoming a new member to our squad with his quality and presence.”
"For this reason, we are looking to loan out Albert back to the Belgian league for the next three years, as he isn't ready yet to displace Elneny."

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I've never seen Lokonga play, hopefully he is what we require in that he can hit the ground running and replace Partey should Partey continue his horrendous form and fail to adapt to PL.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Comes across well in the interview. Obviously doesn't mean anything, but good to see all the same. This dude rolls with a lawyer too - means business right from the start!

Papa Wonga

Established Member
2 singings in before Mid august? Fek's going on.

**** Garlick going on a mad one, White next blimey then a RB and CAM and a No2 GK

(I've watched snippets of Anderlecht, he has cracking leadership qualities, hence being captain at 21, absolute powerhouse on the ball too, still raw but he's an immense talent)

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Really buzzing here, the captain of my favourite club Anderlecht coming in to strenghten the squad of my second favourite club Arsenal. Boy is really talented. Wasn't made 2nd captain by Kompany for a reason. Leader on and off the pitch. Looking good for the future of the team.

I'm pretty confident he can succeed at Arsenal. Will need some time to adapt to the PL though.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
seen bunch of 'next big thing' videos before Euros and Sambi stood out for me. Hopefully he lives to my own expectations.
Good number, fits the name. Welcome Sambi

Gn1212

Comes across well in the interview. Obviously doesn't mean anything, but good to see all the same. This dude rolls with a lawyer too - means business right from the start!
No, I think you're right. Very positive interview. Good English, sounds confident of his abilities but he also looks humble at the same time.
You can see why he was made captain so early.

Last edited:

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Welcome Sambi!

Has a perfect chance to impress in preseason and get the starter place next to Partey in the first games. Probably the Xhaka replacement still will need weeks to be completed, so hopefully he adapts well in England.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Happy to have a Belgian in the side :drool:

Hope he develops well in the coming year to take part in their run to win the next World Cup.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Taking the number 23, in honour of his hero (and Arsenal legend) Danny Welbeck...I would do the same, tbh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom