• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He'll start from now until Partey is back really need to be better than today game he'll have xhaka next to him so it might help having experience beside him

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

There is nothing special about him and today he was underwhelming against a Championship team. Will probably go on loan in the summer.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Some people might say I'm making excuses for Sambi today but I almost felt like Arteta left him out to dry. Firstly, he was meant to be our 'senior' midfielder alongside a midfielder who has only graduated from u23 football. How is that a smart idea? Secondly, Sambi has barely played since his MOTM performance against Newcastle and the re-emergence of Xhaka. How can you expect someone to build confidence or some form when they haven't kicked a ball in a long time? Thirdly, what was his role meant to be today? Is he meant to be a 6 or a 8? We need to start developing him into one or the other otherwise his career will suffer.
Yeah when you put it like that it was awful. We are treating him like a wonder kid when really you should be inserting young players into a first eleven that are a well oiled machine.

Always tough in games like this but I’m sure Xhaka would have played alongside him today if he didn’t have covid.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Definitely think he's more of a 8 than a 6. Doesn't look as comfortable having to be the more defensive minded of the midfielders. When he's played well he's typically the one who's trying get further forward and effect the game.
I agree and I think Patino is better as a 6 from what I have seen in the few academy games I could get access to. Now why didn't Arteta see that?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He'll start from now until Partey is back really need to be better than today game he'll have xhaka next to him so it might help having experience beside him
If that’s the case we need to switch to 3 in midfield and bring in Chambers or White.

Sambi is just too lightweight and slow to play in a midfield 2. He dwells on the ball and makes sloppy giveaways leading to goals like in the Palace game too often.

What’s frustrating is Arteta knew AFCON was coming but kept giving reserve minutes to Elneny instead of AMN who became understandably disillusioned

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Wasn’t too hot on Guendouzi either by he was half the price and double the player.

Thought someone that had 3/4 seasons with Anderlecht could fare better against a Championship side.
Guendouzi lack awareness defensively too he out of position always he got better work rate but really not major difference

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If that’s the case we need to switch to 3 in midfield and bring in Chambers or White.

Sambi is just too lightweight and slow to play in a midfield 2. He dwells on the ball and makes sloppy giveaways leading to goals like in the Palace game too often.

What’s frustrating is Arteta knew AFCON was coming but kept giving reserve minutes to Elneny instead of AMN who became understandably disillusioned
The problem switching to 3 central midfielders could affect us so much creativity wise. My frustration same as yours even after signing Sambi i thought we still not have enough quality specially when Partey is gone.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

lol every loss Guendouzi pops up, a bit boring. Despite his obvious talent he got a fair shake of the stick we can't really complain about him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

lol every loss Guendouzi pops up, a bit boring. Despite his obvious talent he got a fair shake of the stick we can't really complain about him.
He got fair shake, but he was a starter until one day he was banished. It’s not like he lost his place because of performance and he could be needed now as we left us short

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He got fair shake, but he was a starter until one day he was banished. It’s not like he lost his place because of performance and he could be needed now as we left us short
Arteta is going to be here, so pining over Guendouzi and certain others is pointless.

Under this regime this is how it is, talent and obedience are equally as important for better or for worse.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta is going to be here, so pining over Guendouzi and certain others is pointless.

Under this regime this is how it is, talent and obedience are equally as important for better or for worse.
Lool yeah but Arteta is not gonna be here 12 months from now. No amount of good pr is gonna save him when he gets knocked out by Liverpool and lose Sp**s. 10 days from now he will be back to square one with most wanting him out. My only issue is he will get excused for poor squad building when he is the main reason

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Lool yeah but Arteta is not gonna be here 12 months from now. No amount of good pr is gonna save him when he gets knocked out by Liverpool and lose Sp**s. 10 days from now he will be back to square one with most wanting him out. My only issue is he will get excused for poor squad building when he is the main reason
Arteta is going absolutely nowhere, doing the dance with him is utterly pointless.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

So missing out on Europe this season and be mid table next season and he will be safe?
Absolutely.

His excuses are already priced in and he's virtually already done enough to secure another shopping spree this summer - resulting in an even better team.

All these guys saying "if we don't get 4th then.." are chatting sh*t.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Absolutely.

His excuses are already priced in and he's virtually already done enough to secure another shopping spree this summer - resulting in an even better team.

All these guys saying "if we don't get 4th then.." are chatting sh*t.
No manager is this safe. Just cause he has a lot of friends in the media and club is using the media to build him up. Fan pressure is real and there is no way the fans will accept that and media pressure will force their hand like United

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Lokonga has had a lot of good games this season, don't act like he hasn't...he just needs a player to lead him in the middle, like Partey was doing.

He can't carry a midfield yet, nor should we expect him too...young midfielders like Paddy or Cesc are freaks.

Should have went 3 at the back yesterday, give him some protection...rate Arteta, but he let Lokonga down yesterday, tactics were crap.

Still believe Sambi will develop into a quality player for us.

Top Bottom