• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's a baby in CM years. Took Xhaka until late twenties/pushing on 30 to start playing with some self respect.

Writing off central players in their early twenties is difficult to do, all the best CB. CM and CFs on the planet are over 30. I've seen players with a lower technical base than Sambi make it at Arsenal.
I hope he does make it tbh. My frustration stems from the fact that he plays with a lack of confidence. He doesn't lack any technical quality, the opposite, infact. But he does looks like a push over and when you watch him, he almost looks like a pedestrian at times against inferior oppositions. Guendouzi (who I tend to use as the bar) whatever his fault, he was never a pedestrian, you always knew he was on the pitch.

I'd like to see him under another manager to really assess him.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Don't know why you are still talking about this guy, he will be sent on loan somewhere with an option to buy for 5m and Eduteta will pretend this transfer never happened.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I hope he does make it tbh. My frustration stems from the fact that he plays with a lack of confidence. He doesn't lack any technical quality, the opposite, infact. But he does looks like a push over and when you watch him, he almost looks like a pedestrian at times against inferior oppositions. Guendouzi (who I tend to use as the bar) whatever his fault, he was never a pedestrian, you always knew he was on the pitch.

I'd like to see him under another manager to really assess him.

Guendouzi is rambunctious along with his big hair, he naturally draws eyes on him good or bad game. Expecting a young player to be like him you'll be waiting a long time.

The Guendouzi stuff gets on my nerves a bit that boy was getting cussed towards the end of his time here now he's hailed makes no sense.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Guendouzi is rambunctious along with his big hair, he naturally draws eyes on him good or bad game. Expecting a young player to be like him you'll be waiting a long time.

The Guendouzi stuff gets on my nerves a bit that boy was getting cussed towards the end of his time here now he's hailed makes no sense.
Elite post. Thanks.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Who was cussing Guendouzi though? The same guys who were cussing Auba I bet.

He’s Marseille captain and in the French squad, of course he’s going to get hailed.

Very few with his talent and spirit.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Who was cussing Guendouzi though? The same guys who were cussing Auba I bet.

He’s Marseille captain and in the French squad, of course he’s going to get hailed.

Very few with his talent and spirit.
Nobody gave a flying **** when he was ejected. He left here like the nitty you'd send down the shop to buy rizla and 8 large doners for the whole stoned crew at 2am. If you didn't care then, you can't say you care now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nobody gave a flying **** when he was ejected. He left here like the nitty you'd send down the shop to buy rizla and 8 large doners for the whole stoned crew at 2am. If you didn't care then, you can't say you care now.
That’s the point, people did care. I was totally against him getting booted out.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That’s the point, people did care. I was totally against him getting booted out.
I rated the player but I didn't care. The majority didnt care. It's hard to care that much when they're so young, have problems and are all over the place. He wasn't Cesc levels of precocious, was he? If Cesc was an annoying **** who angered everyone and the manager and was moved on when he was 18, I'd have cried.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I rated the player but I didn't care. The majority didnt care.
Where I was at. I was rooting for him but he got a good run in the side and had a chance nobody can complain.

He’s done great for himself too.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Still believe he has the ball playing skills and vision to do the things Partey does in time. His urgency, positioning, and anticipation need to go up several levels for him to make an impact here though.

StefanB

Still believe he has the ball playing skills and vision to do the things Partey does in time. His urgency, positioning, and anticipation need to go up several levels for him to make an impact here though.

The question mark I have about Sambi is what his best position is though. Sometimes I feel his best position is deeper as a 6 (he himself has also said that he thinks that's his best position), but then sometimes I feel he just isn't good enough defensively to play as a 6.

Then sometimes I feel he could play well in the "Xhaka-role" as a #8/LCM. But then he doesn't contribute enough offensively. He's not really a goal threat and he's not consistent in his passing.

He needs to keep on working. At the moment he's not good enough for either role, but he has the potential to be a good player. He has the size, strength, technique and decent speed.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
The question mark I have about Sambi is what his best position is though. Sometimes I feel his best position is deeper as a 6 (he himself has also said that he thinks that's his best position), but then sometimes I feel he just isn't good enough defensively to play as a 6.

Then sometimes I feel he could play well in the "Xhaka-role" as a #8/LCM. But then he doesn't contribute enough offensively. He's not really a goal threat and he's not consistent in his passing.

He needs to keep on working. At the moment he's not good enough for either role, but he has the potential to be a good player. He has the size, strength, technique and decent speed.
I think six; he tackles cleanly and I think the stats show that. Goes back to my anticipation point: if he can see where the play's going and respond accordingly then he has a chance defensively.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I think six; he tackles cleanly and I think the stats show that. Goes back to my anticipation point: if he can see where the play's going and respond accordingly then he has a chance defensively.
He's a deeper player for me as well. Never going to have an attacking game, but already has most of the fundamentals to play deeper. The reason we signed him is because his stat profile in Belgium was basically identical to Partey. Like you said, he needs to tighten up his game but then Partey didn't become the player he is now until 24/25 so I think Sambi has some promise. He'll need to take his chances to get game time though.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I see Lokonga as akin to Xhaka in terms of his positioning/role. Deep-lying double pivot midfielder. Can't be relied upon as a single pivot #6, can't be relied upon as a box-to-box #8.

He'll probably need to hone his skills one way or the other to be a solid piece of the squad. The former would be better for him and for the team as well. The key to that is improving his positioning and his ability to beat the press.

Latest posts

Top Bottom