• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
he prefer us call him Sambi. his english is really good too so that massive plus he see himself as 6 or box to box midfielders.

going to be really interesting how he develop here and he look really interesting midfielder hopefully he can push to start and put good competition for Partey and the Xhaka replacement.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Looks like we can relax now & finally able to welcome him to the Gunners family. Took much longer then I would have hoped but it's official now.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Interesting Lokonga says he can play 6 or box to box, but people say he's better as a 6. Do we really need another guy that plays deep, considering we have Partey, Lokonga and ElNeny now (bare in mind we have less fixtures than usual)?

I'd spend the Xhaka money on midfielders that play a bit higher up the pitch.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Welcome to Arsenal Sambi.

The expectations will be massive, so here's to hoping he hits the ground running very quick.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Signed, Sealed, Delivered !

Welcome Sambi! | Lokonga joins Arsenal​

Arsenal Media 19 Jul 2021
Albert Sambi Lokonga

Albert Sambi Lokonga has joined us from Anderlecht on a long-term contract.
The 21-year-old midfielder came through the Belgian club's youth system after joining in 2014 as a 15-year-old and signing his first professional contract in November 2017.

He made his first-team debut for Anderlecht in December 2017 and has been a regular in their side over the past two seasons, making a total of 78 appearances.
A Belgium Under-21 international, Albert was called up at senior level in March 2021 when he was an unused substitute against Greece.

Technical director Edu said: “We are delighted Albert has signed with us, as there was a lot of interest in him and he was a big target for us. Albert is a player we’ve been tracking for some time, and he will bring us strength in depth in the centre of midfield. We look forward to his continued development with us.”

Mikel Arteta said: “Albert is a very intelligent player who has shown great maturity in his performances during his development. He has been coached well by Vincent Kompany and his team at Anderlecht. I know Vincent very well and he talks so highly about Albert and the positive impact he had to Anderlecht in recent seasons. We’re confident Albert’s ready for the next stage in his development and we’re looking forward to welcoming a new member to our squad with his quality and presence.”

The midfielder will join up with his new team-mates in the coming days after he has completed the current isolation regulations for international arrivals into the UK.

Albert will wear the No 23 shirt and have the name Sambi on the back.

The transfer is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.

Bigby3

Can't say I've seen much of the guy but sometimes you just have a good feeling about a player. Sambi is gonna be a star!

Top Bottom