• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He had a good performance today but Newcastle are 20th. Going to need to see these types of performances against quality sides rather than him getting run over. Hope they come eventually.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Apparently he got 6 key passes today?! Now obviously Tavares decided to switch boots with Partey and get trigger happy but it impressive that one of our deepest midfielders contributed to attack. He’s a smooth operator and I’m sure he’ll improve. His disaster class Anfield is nothing. Cellabos got beaten up by the scousers and went on holiday until the restart in March.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Apparently he got 6 key passes today?! Now obviously Tavares decided to switch boots with Partey and get trigger happy but it impressive that one of our deepest midfielders contributed to attack. He’s a smooth operator and I’m sure he’ll improve. His disaster class Anfield is nothing. Cellabos got beaten up by the scousers and went on holiday until the restart in March.
Think Sambi is legit! Great pick up in the off season! Proper talent.

jaystewart

I like his composure but I can't see what other qualities he can count on that will make him an important player in the future. He seems lightweight too.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sambi has shown some good flashes this season, but it’s his first season in a really big league, so let’s give him a few seasons to settle. He clearly has the potential to grow into a bigger role, but let’s see how it goes before we start slating him. Way too early to pass judgement. To put things into perspective, at 15m, he’s been decent value for money.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He did good work all over the pitch. He is the engine of the midfield and his forward passing and movement is very good. Time and experience will make him better but let's just say that I no longer miss Alex Song. Seriously, him Partey and AMN have complete midfielder DNA. I'm happy to see this after Anfield.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
He did good work all over the pitch. He is the engine of the midfield and his forward passing and movement is very good. Time and experience will make him better but let's just say that I no longer miss Alex Song. Seriously, him Partey and AMN have complete midfielder DNA. I'm happy to see this after Anfield.
Whenever someone says Alex Song my mind immediately goes to.....

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Song was quality for us for a good few years, him and Diaby were running through pretty much every midfield in the league in 2009/2010.

Lokonga is probably my fav player in the team right now, love midfielders of his style.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Song was quality for us for a good few years, him and Diaby were running through pretty much every midfield in the league in 2009/2010.

Lokonga is probably my fav player in the team right now, love midfielders of his style.
I don’t know if I see the Song comparison Song was a very physical presence built like a bull. I rate Sambi but I don’t know who I would really compare him to at Arsenal. I think he is more a Diaby or a Hleb than a Song.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Weird but I’d compare him most to Owen Hargreaves.

Can play it around but looks comfortable disrupting as well. No idea if he hits that level but he’s talented.
He has been a solid pick up this summer. Vincent Company sings his praises and he should know.

I am impressed. New league and new team. Coming in because Xhaka was injured and if anything we have looked better with him in there. Yes, there have been mistakes, but it isn’t like our other midfielders are flawless either.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Sambi with the decline Partey is starting to look like our best midfielder. That speaks to the paucity of options there and to his own quality. It has not shown in his stats yet but he has some end product to his game although he needs to get better. We need midfield reinforcements come January

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Should have started yesterday especially as Tavares was trusted. Tenacity in midfield has been a given since the Graham days. Safe and steady is what you want to see to close out a match.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The decision not to start yesterday might have destroyed his confidence and momentum. Piss poor management, Sambi probably scratching his head as to how a guy so out of favour was trusted instead of him. He knows now Arteta doesn't have faith in him in important games. And this is kid were gonna have to depend on. Arteta really is a horrendous man manager.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The decision not to start yesterday might have destroyed his confidence and momentum. Piss poor management, Sambi probably scratching his head as to how a guy so out of favour was trusted instead of him. He knows now Arteta doesn't have faith in him in important games. And this is kid were gonna have to depend on. Arteta really is a horrendous man manager.
I doubt it, he came out recently saying he’s played way more than he expected iirc.

Great signing though I’m a fan.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom