• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You need to be smart enough to know when to speed up the play or slow down the play. You need to know when to hold on to the ball a little longer so that you can draw in your opponent and create the space for a line breaking pass. You need to know when to play the brave pass and when to play the safe pass. And most importantly, you need to know where you need to be on the pitch at all times. Sambi doesn't do any of this.
Standards have changed quickly at the club, not that long ago Tierney and Holding were considered starters and people thought we needed to improve other areas. Yesterday we saw how far are they behind Saliba and Zinhenko.

The only person who somehow survived it all is Xhaka, but he adapted perfectly to the way we play now while others couldn't.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was gutted when Lokonga was ball watching. He was watching space, wrong space. Lokonga needs a run of games to become sharper. He won't get that at Arsenal at the moment. The dynamic partnership between Xhaka and Partey are too strong for Lonkonga to break. Partey is a fulcrum player in various phases of the game.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Aint good enough as it stands, maybe be better in a 2. Takes too long on the ball, lacks composure not tactically aware. Watched him last night pressing way too high up to no avail. Needs a loan or selling imo. Got CL next season way above his ability.

Arsenal4life14

This lads the new scapegoat. He’s obviously low on confidence and isn’t comfortable within the team, and there seems to be a massive pile on every time he steps onto the pitch now.
Yeah but you can be low on confidence and still work hard, I think most peoples problem with Sambi is his work rate. If you want to be a midfielder and a box to box midfielder then you have to be one of the hardest working players. You have to close opposition players down, You can't just always jog around the field expecting everyone else to pick up the slack.

Personally it seems most people rate his ability but he doesn't show the work rate to back it up. It's always one pace.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Performance aside I can’t see Arteta taking too kindly to walking straight off. We all now how big on respect and club values he is.

It feels like there’s still quite a few fans who’s thinking on players is that of the early Emirates era. The club are serious about being a competitive force here. Just look at our recruitment efforts. We cannot wait on Lokonga, and with the exception of a season ending injury this is the easiest chance he’ll get here.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
People piling on him too much really, he ain’t ever gonna improve if he barely plays and Man City is no walk in the park.

We lost 1-0 at Man City’s stadium we’ve lost against them 14 times since Pep joined them with better players in midfield.

bastun

Player:Saka
People piling on him too much really, he ain’t ever gonna improve if he barely plays and Man City is no walk in the park.

We lost 1-0 at Man City’s stadium we’ve lost against them 14 times since Pep joined them with better players in midfield.
Come on man.You have eyes. I understand your point but he struggles with basic tactical principles. He is already with the team for quite some time now as well. So we should at least expect him to know which player to cover and to sense the danger when we are defending, not just strolling around the park

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Arteta stuck by Eddie and with regular game time he’s come on leap and bounds. Just needed a break. An injury to Partey or Xhaka could see him get some game time, then who knows? Arteta sees him regularly in training and must see something in him.
This is true but when Xhaka was injured, I thought Sambi did okay with Partey. His positional awareness was lacking but played as an 8 with Partey on form, we were okay. I saw many say he was rubbish (dont agree) and it's right that Xhaka got his place back, but Sambi only works with Partey atm. He can't play as a 6 and perform after being on ice for months.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Feels like make or break time on his Arsenal career, but I don't understand why we insist on playing him as a 6 tbf. Never mind the lack of positional awareness, he doesn't have the steel or tenacity to do that job. He must have shown something in training or the like which warranted Arteta's trust in him for that role or convinced him that there's untapped potential.

The time where he showed glimpses of promise was early on last season when he had Partey doing the dirty work for him, and he focused on progressing play in the build-up which he seemed decent at. Now, it just seems like he's going the way of Denilson.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What did Sambi do wrong here?

In any case I don’t see Ødegaard have that energy for literally anyone else in the squad so I don’t rate it :lol:

Sambi is defo a b*tchboy it seems everybody talks to him like Eddie did, he needs to leave for his own mental health.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
This is true but when Xhaka was injured, I thought Sambi did okay with Partey. His positional awareness was lacking but played as an 8 with Partey on form, we were okay. I saw many say he was rubbish (dont agree) and it's right that Xhaka got his place back, but Sambi only works with Partey atm. He can't play as a 6 and perform after being on ice for months.

He wasn’t an 8. He was playing in a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1. We were playing a defensive, counter attacking style of football at the time. The system has changed completely.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How has this guy not been sold yet, ffs...

drogba-disgrace.gif

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

What did Sambi do wrong here?

In any case I don’t see Ødegaard have that energy for literally anyone else in the squad so I don’t rate it :lol:

Sambi is defo a b*tchboy it seems everybody talks to him like Eddie did, he needs to leave for his own mental health.

I didn’t even see that one 🤣🤣🤣 imagine getting shouted at by Ødegaard lol

Have you seen the clip below? Ngl I don’t even know what Lokonga done wrong here:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The only player I could imagine taking an animated bollocking from is Xhaka really, the rest of the squad are school children who would get drapsed in public.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Kinda funny to see Ode quiet most of the time then go skengman mode for Sambi

Top Bottom