• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He reminds me a bit of Alex Song, when he was good for us, not the joke he became...very good on the ball from deep.

Think him and Partey will be quality, will be so sad when Mikel puts Xhaka straight back in after his ban :(

That Xhaka extension means he won't get dropped no matter what.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You must be mistaken, I never said otherwise....

eddie murphy shrek GIF

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wasn't bad today, but I still don't think he's as good as Douzi after watching him play so well for OM this season. Hope he returns from loan.
Think he's well clear of Guendouzi tbh, only reason I haven't said it is cause it's early days. I am of the firm belief that the comparisons will stop soon unless the kid gets Arsnealised.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think he's well clear of Guendouzi tbh, only reason I haven't said it is cause it's early days. I am of the firm belief that the comparisons will stop soon unless the kid gets Arsnealised.
Having watched Douzi play for OM this season he's improved a lot. Or maybe it's a team/manager effect.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We lost our first game to Brentford
Away. With injuries/covid. To a team who were second to only City for xG conceded over the first 3.

Xhaka plays today and we probably score more, he releases balls through the lines quicker, Sambi holds onto the ball for longer then he needs to.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Having watched Douzi play for OM this season he's improved a lot. Or maybe it's a team/manager effect.
The majority of our squad rips up Ligue 1 and that's no slight on the league because I love it personally, it's just the truth. A small chunk of our squad has dominated there at one point or another hence why we signed them in the first place.

Guendouzi always starts amazing but the true test of his maturity is if he retains this all season long. He was a bright spark for Hertha too. Started well for Arsenal too. I have a soft spot for Guendouzi btw I just like what I've seen of Sambi's technique, composure and temperament so far.

Does he have Guendouzi's tenacity and boldness? nah I think Guen has that over him admittedly and ideally we'd have both but we can't have nice things evidently.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Wasn't bad today, but I still don't think he's as good as Douzi after watching him play so well for OM this season. Hope he returns from loan.
It's an obligation to buy, isn't it? So he's basically already been sold. Even if it weren't obligation there is no way he's returning because OM would certainly pick up that 10m clause.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's an obligation to buy, isn't it? So he's basically already been sold. Even if it weren't obligation there is no way he's returning because OM would certainly pick up that 10m clause.
Yeah, it's a shame. Ridiculous amount when White was 5 times that.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

I'd echo that. Think Douzi was more impressive early doors for us as well. Shame what happened with him but he's gone now unfortunately. Hopefully Lokonga can continue developing.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yeah, it's a shame. Ridiculous amount when White was 5 times that.
Tbf, when the only interest is from abroad in this market, and you've already made an example of the player and it's clear you don't consider a future for him at the club nor him one for himself, there's really no leverage and not much you're going to get.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Guendo came into a better/more settled team too in 2018, that shouldn't be forgotten...plus, people always seem to forget our best run of form in 2018/2019 and 2019/2020, came when Guendo wasn't playing too much.

Feel Lokonga will definitely end up the better player, looks more rounded than Matteo...get him alongside a fully fit Partey for a run of games, and we are laughing!

nick gould

Different players but Guendouzi is very good in his own right. Let's not forget that he is walked into arsenal first team that almost finished in the top 4 at 19.

Top Bottom