• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Different players but Guendouzi is very good in his own right. Let's not forget that he is walked into arsenal first team that almost finished in the top 4 at 19.
It is much player for a young player to be coming up in that team compared to this team. I don't want it to be Sambi vs Guendouzi though, it's unfortunate it didn't work out for Guendouzi but I am glad Sambi is here.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why are people forever looking over the fence at our loaned bums? I rated Guendo early on and I still think he's talented, but he was a knob. Lokonga looks just as talented but with a brain and I've been more impressed with how he's slotted in and how comfortable he looks in the circumstances. Guendo isn't coming back. Wish him well and get over it.

GunnerShy

Why are people forever looking over the fence at our loaned bums? I rated Guendo early on and I still think he's talented, but he was a knob. Lokonga looks just as talented but with a brain and I've been more impressed with how he's slotted in and how comfortable he looks in the circumstances. Guendo isn't coming back. Wish him well and get over it.
Sambi is better. More press resistant, mobile. Looks a steal at this point.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Away. With injuries/covid. To a team who were second to only City for xG conceded over the first 3.

Xhaka plays today and we probably score more, he releases balls through the lines quicker, Sambi holds onto the ball for longer then he needs to.
Why are Xhaka stans insecure about Lokonga all of a sudden? Sambi is 21, a newcomer to the PL and he’s doing okay. Not world class but fine. Granit Xhaka is 29 following his 5th season in the PL and after letting himself and the team down after a red card suspension. At least wait for Sambi to have a poor game before typing nonsense.

RunTheTrap

Wasn't bad today, but I still don't think he's as good as Douzi after watching him play so well for OM this season. Hope he returns from loan.
Douzi would be frustrating if he played this game. Don’t forget Douzi loved holding onto the ball longer than he should at times like this. Personally, I think we only saw the best of Douzi when the game was hectic or we needed a goal. Otherwise, he was mostly frustrating and slow.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Away. With injuries/covid. To a team who were second to only City for xG conceded over the first 3.

Xhaka plays today and we probably score more, he releases balls through the lines quicker, Sambi holds onto the ball for longer then he needs to.
Shut up about Xhaka bro this needs to end.

CountChocula

Depends on what you like.

Lokonga way more composed and intelligent but doesn't engage much. Guendouzi a huge personality but chaotic at times. Both good technicians. Pick your poison. They're basically around the same level and quality going by everything I've seen.

Looking at our midfield, having both of them would have been nice but given we've got a few decent CMs on the come up aswell, Guendouzi's a loss we should be able to absorb better than we have.
There was supposedly a comment from his time in Hertha Berlin where the manager told Douzi to stop diving to try to get a foul and he raged back at the manager for calling him out. Feels like you'd never be able to improve at that rate.

So long as Lokonga's head's in a good place and he has a good coach (ideally one more experienced than Mikel), he can get a lot better than Douzi in a few years time by virtue of his superior coachability/attitude.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

There was supposedly a comment from his time in Hertha Berlin where the manager told Douzi to stop diving to try to get a foul and he raged back at the manager for calling him out. Feels like you'd never be able to improve at that rate.

So long as Lokonga's head's in a good place and he has a good coach (ideally one more experienced than Mikel), he can get a lot better than Douzi in a few years time by virtue of his superior coachability/attitude.
This would be a good thing except not when Arteta is manager. We need players that don’t listen to him.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Douzi would be frustrating if he played this game. Don’t forget Douzi loved holding onto the ball longer than he should at times like this. Personally, I think we only saw the best of Douzi when the game was hectic or we needed a goal. Otherwise, he was mostly frustrating and slow.
Don't forget to add how he always used to hold the ball too long and then drop like a fly after minimal contact trying to bait out a foul somewhere irrelevant in midfield.

Just like you said, frustrating

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well he's certainly changed then, maybe he's being managed well.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Has some interesting qualities, will be interesting to see how he develops. Decent start to his career here

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Why are Xhaka stans insecure about Lokonga all of a sudden? Sambi is 21, a newcomer to the PL and he’s doing okay. Not world class but fine. Granit Xhaka is 29 following his 5th season in the PL and after letting himself and the team down after a red card suspension. At least wait for Sambi to have a poor game before typing nonsense.
I'm not insecure about it. My point was more about Sambi. Arsenal fans overhype players soo much. It won't be long before you all turn on him saying he plays too safe, dwells on the ball too much, doesn't offer goal threat, etc...

He had a decent game, but nothing special. do i think the result would have been different if Elneny or Xhaka were in instead of him? No i don't, we'd still have won. But if you go by Arsenal Mania, Lokonga put on a midfield masterclass. In the first half, the Lokonga AMN pivot was a problem, we couldn't move the ball forward with these two. Just my opinion.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think Lokonga looks like the backup to Partey for this season if anything. From Arteta's POV if Xhaka is out I think it's more likely Elneny/AMN come in.

I don't think Sambi is disciplined enough defensively yet for Arteta to play him alongside Partey unless Partey was told to sit in front of the defence which hasn't been his game with us so far at all.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Are you for real? Xhaka releasing the ball through the lines quicker? A bit cheeky coming to the Lokonga thread to big up Xhaka!

RunTheTrap

I'm not insecure about it. My point was more about Sambi. Arsenal fans overhype players soo much. It won't be long before you all turn on him saying he plays too safe, dwells on the ball too much, doesn't offer goal threat, etc...

He had a decent game, but nothing special. do i think the result would have been different if Elneny or Xhaka were in instead of him? No i don't, we'd still have won. But if you go by Arsenal Mania, Lokonga put on a midfield masterclass. In the first half, the Lokonga AMN pivot was a problem, we couldn't move the ball forward with these two. Just my opinion.
You know I can see your other posts, right? You wrote we would have scored more goals if Xhaka were playing. You clearly feel threatened by the emergence of Lokonga and feel the need to build a narrative against him.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yeah, tbf, I've criticised Mikel a bit for his handling of Guendouzi, but there's a lot to suggest that Guendouzi is just an immature knob, and against that there's not too much one can do.

Will see how his career evolves, being an immature knob isn't necessarily an impediment to being a top level footballer, there's been many like this (though it tends to be better if they are forward players like Cristiano than team players who need to organise like Guendouzi).

Top Bottom