• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

TornadoTed

Established Member
This is why I keep saying Elneny will end up starting games and all summer A-M was telling me it wouldn't be the case. Yet all it took was one injury and seeing how out of his depth Lokonga is and this is close to reality, it's not like AMN is gonna do anything at CM.

I mean we could've kept Willock, played Partey as lone 6 in a 4-3-3, but nope. Everyone celebrated that transfer, celebrated Elneny staying and this is what we're getting. So I hope everyone enjoys it.
I know I'm getting old and my memory is going a bit but I don't remember one single person celebrating that Elneny was staying :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I know I'm getting old and my memory is going a bit but I don't remember one single person celebrating that Elneny was staying :lol:
They celebrated Willock leaving though. Was praised as good business, they'd probably still argue that with £25m in the bank.

I thought Sambi struggled a lot in the first half primarily because he's being asked to do the exact role that Granit Xhaka plays. Makes sense why they didn't want Xhaka to leave and offered him a deal as soon as it was clear the Roma move wasn't happening - no matter what we think of him, he is doing exactly what Arteta wants him to do, which is move the ball forward while simultaneously defending the space Tierney leaves when he's pushed into the left wing-foward position to cross the ball. Lokonga was far better when he didn't have to do this.

Still, he was also very passive and in a game where the opposition is contesting a lot in the middle of the park, he needs to be more forthright. Needed to be a bit more proactive in the duels and in his passing. A few too many touches here and there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It was unlucky he starting already he wasn't brought to start that's why Arteta played him 15 minutes a game when xhaka got back to get him settled to PL. The quality is there but it's big jump from Belgium to PL at 21 years of age we should be patient with him

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Will judge him in how he does in home games, tbh....as our whole team has been poor away from home since about 2017, so not gonna blame a young player in his first season...the seniors/coaches, need to sort that out.

Thought he had some good moments in the second half.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He looked a bit dazed in the first half covering at LB. He got better when he and Partey played closer together. It was a really tough match for him but he needs to build his relationships in midfield. I think he looks better with AMN because both run everywhere and get involved. It will take him a moment and time to learn tactics

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He wasn't the best in the first half, but improved a lot in the second. That's a good sign, and very good that Arteta doesn't bin you at the half-time with okay performance.

That can be bad mentally for young players. You have to do it after 60 minutes to prevent that, unless the player is having a mare.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Both born in 1999, the difference between Lokonga and Guendouzi is chalk and cheese. We came 5th with Douzi playing fairly regularly under Unai. At 20 he was demanding the ball and trying to take charge of the midfield right from the off.

Lokonga is a lot more passive and was invisible in the first half as Brighton rampaged through the midfield. Don't like to criticise players until we get a decent manager, but Lokonga looks like he has a long way to go to match the fight and confidence of Matteo.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If Xhaka is not available should play imho against BHA. Seen some suggestions for AMN on the match thread but Sambi should be ahead of him as although younger is better on the ball.

Oh looks like the one he replaced may be reverting to type again? lol

It’s even suggested that others are fed up of him getting down on his knees and asking God for some help when he takes a bad touch in training,
:lol::lol::lol:

This can't be true

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Our best performances in 2018/2019, mostly came when Guendo was benched.

And if you don't think Matteo left our midfield exposed, then you are mental :lol:
It was one of the main ongoing discussions in his player thread. He was dubbed ' The headless chicken'. I think that Furious bloke detested him. Its not like it was twenty years ago....how can people have forgotten so soon?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It was one of the main ongoing discussions in his player thread. He was dubbed ' The headless chicken'. I think that Furious bloke detested him. Its not like it was twenty years ago....how can people have forgotten so soon?
He must be bad if AM said so. :lol::lol::lol:

Wenger was shocking too, much better to have a mid table manager.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

How bro? How the fvck have you shoehorned the word 'Wenger' into that response?

I have to admire your dedication to the grind fella.
Mate, if you want to use AM's comments as a means to mock our players, you get what you deserve. :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Mate, if you want to use AM's comments as a means to mock our players, you get what you deserve. :lol:
Some fans on an Arsenal forum, of which yourself are a member, commented that Guendouzi is constantly out of position. These are people who watch every single game. Why you should be so dismissive of your fellow posters opinions is a mystery to me, they are just as valid as yours no?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Guendouzi in 2021 is a better player than Sambi easily.

Doesn’t mean Sambi won’t be the better player but if Guendo is indeed a locker room cancer then I can partially understand the club letting him go elsewhere.

Still though I think top managers are able to reign in divas and get them working. Potter for example has repeatedly dropped Connolly and Maupay for discipline issues but worked them back in.

The issue is now that Sambi is just a kid from the Belgian league. The step up for him is ridiculous and we should’ve had better cover than we do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom